The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The latest and greatest posts (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, mantel wrote:
Paulalpha, your new here. However the last post in this thread is over a year and half old.

Gotta get to 50 somehow
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
Paulalpha, your new here. However the last post in this thread is over a year and half old.

Gotta get to 50 somehow

Yes No point in diging up old topic unless you want to make the 50 posts
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I have enjoyed "The Titanis Deck" for many years now. As well as corresponding with Titanis about it back then. I would like to talk more and find out if there are any updated routines or material about it, to get creative with.

John
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, John Nesbit wrote:
I have enjoyed "The Titanis Deck" for many years now. As well as corresponding with Titanis about it back then. I would like to talk more and find out if there are any updated routines or material about it, to get creative with.

John

Why don't you just PM him he is on the Café all the time

Simple !
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I may just do that. I'm not here much lately. Thanks.

John
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
There is also no point in commenting on it, since you are only presenting opinion without evidence, disparaging a new member, who took the time to write three paragraphs that at least make an actual point.

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotta get to 50 somehow

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, The Duster wrote:
Do you put a disclaimer into the posts???

Something as simple as 'we at Murphys are excited by one of our upcoming releases'

I agree. If you're really serious about making a clear cut between your business and your private account it wouldn't hurt you to put a disclaimer into every post.
If you do, every one should with cool with your posts. Otherwise they will continue being tinged with hype/bias/personal interest....
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
If he has not listened to comments from years ago then it's clearly not going to make any odds what people say today
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
75 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotta get to 50 somehow

Gentlemen - I am guilty as charged, having responded to an old post. I thought the old thread raised some important issues, and wanted to weigh in with my 2 cents. Normally I just lurk on forums to learn what I need. But the 50 post minimum has forced me out of my shell to supply genuine posts as they occur to me.

I have read the FAQs for this forum and don't recall any firm rules about old posts, and in this latest and greatest forum, there are many pages that I will never read or respond to. I really didn't think this post was buried that far down.

I will try to be more careful and thoughtful so as to not offend my fellow Café users.

Yah - another post here YAH!!!!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, paulalpha wrote:
Titanas

Keep up your postings. With the change in your signature line, everybody can see who you work for. If you consistently push junk you will eventually become known as a junk pusher and no one will pay attention to your posts. So you have a vested interest in only pushing quality products and reviews. I'm sure there is some stuff that Murphys' carries that you don't push here for a variety of reasons.

Some people lurking on this site don't have a life and just whine, moan and complain. Its human nature, and its the internet.

I value you opinions on magic, and magic is afterall an art not a science, so we can agree to disagree about what is a great effect. In the hands of a great magician, an effect can really dazzle. That same effect in the hands of a poor magician can stink, and the poor magician will invariavbly blame the magic trick for his failure.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for asking our opinions on how to do it best.

Hey paulalpha, I'm glad you posted to this thread. You brought up some good points especially about the "junk". Although, I say magic is an art AND science so you can post again in rebuttal to that ;-)
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Quote:

Yeah and your point is ? You can post when and how often you like and take a 10 year break if you like Tom
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
My point is, Titanas made his decision a long time ago and he possibly doesn't care whether you agree with him or not. Especially, since so much time has passed.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
That's okay. Maybe someone has something new to add or just some nice encouragement for Titanas to revisit.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
75 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, paulalpha wrote:
Titanas

Keep up your postings. With the change in your signature line, everybody can see who you work for. If you consistently push junk you will eventually become known as a junk pusher and no one will pay attention to your posts. So you have a vested interest in only pushing quality products and reviews. I'm sure there is some stuff that Murphys' carries that you don't push here for a variety of reasons.

Some people lurking on this site don't have a life and just whine, moan and complain. Its human nature, and its the internet.

I value you opinions on magic, and magic is afterall an art not a science, so we can agree to disagree about what is a great effect. In the hands of a great magician, an effect can really dazzle. That same effect in the hands of a poor magician can stink, and the poor magician will invariavbly blame the magic trick for his failure.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for asking our opinions on how to do it best.

Hey paulalpha, I'm glad you posted to this thread. You brought up some good points especially about the "junk". Although, I say magic is an art AND science so you can post again in rebuttal to that ;-)

Rebut I must ;-) Yes there is science in magic, and many magic effects are based on scientific principles, and psychology is supposedly a science that tries to understand the human mind. But they will never succeed in truly understanding the human mind, just as a genius earthworm could never truly understand what an earthworm is.

I also seem to recall that the Congress of the United States passed a resolution defining magic as an art form, so it must be true that magic is an art

My 46 th post I believe. Thanks EZrythm
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I believe you are correct sir! About two years ago-
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-cong......642/text

So you see members, what we can learn even from revived threads?
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
My suggestion is get your videos to play without buffering before giving a link to them.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Which video link are you referring to?
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, Titanas wrote:
It's not a secret and was never meant to be one, I work for Murphys.
That means that from time to time I am going to be posting about new upcoming items.
This will be about products we are putting out or new products that we carry.
I have tried every possible way of posting very formal posts to very friendly and in a "hey guys have you seen this new upcoming item?"
It doesn't seem like you guys like any of my ways so far, so I need to ask, are we cool with that?
This is the purpose of this thread so I am not breaking any rules here.

Best regards,
Titanas
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
I enjoy anything from Murphy's. Keep it up I say!
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The latest and greatest posts (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL