The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Banksy Crossing - Stand Recomendations (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
So, I bought what was advertised as a 22"x22" kinetic painting. What I received was a 3'x3' 15 pound work of art! It's much too big for my wall. It made from an antique crosswalk sign and I was thinking of some sort of stand and base. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions on making this thing "pop"?

Click here to view attached image.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Congrats on acquiring some modern art. Smile Maybe a free standing pipe/torchier lamp that you could mount the sign? The image of a cardboard cutout figure posed as if delivering a handshake or a larch check also appeals. More fuss to set up and bigger than many walls but keeps the context-mangled spirit of the work. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
The other day We bought a bold motorbike tyre for £200 from somebody who my pal said had more money than sense. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Tommy,

Wait... does that make us junk collectors?!? Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is a tyre which won a world championship and at the same time we bought a Big bed, which is so big that it fills a bedroom. At the moment my pal has the tyre on the bedroom wall and he lies on the big bed looking at it all day wondering who he can sell it to.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2016, Writer wrote:
So, I bought what was advertised as a 22"x22" kinetic painting. What I received was a 3'x3' 15 pound work of art! It's much too big for my wall. It made from an antique crosswalk sign and I was thinking of some sort of stand and base. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions on making this thing "pop"?

Is this supposed to be an original Banksy?

Here he is (maybe), btw:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......rne.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2016, tommy wrote:
It is a tyre which won a world championship and at the same time we bought a Big bed, which is so big that it fills a bedroom. At the moment my pal has the tyre on the bedroom wall and he lies on the big bed looking at it all day wondering who he can sell it to.

Thanks for starting my day with a genuine LOL.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
No it's Mike Leavitt's rendition of Banksy as he appeared in Exit Through the Gift Shop. (search Banksy Monkey mask and you will see the similarities). I am a huge fan of Mike Leavitt. His Yogandhi (Yoda/Gandhi) is hilarious!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Banksy Crossing - Stand Recomendations (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL