The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Most Beautiful Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Hello,

I wanted to ask what you believed where the most beautiful cards produced to date. In my opinion, the Memento Mori take that spot in my collection (of over 50 decks). They are just gorgeous and "magical" looking at the same time. Please let me know which ones are you faves! Thank you.
RichLucas
View Profile
New user
Haddonfield, NJ
38 Posts

Profile of RichLucas
The Gold Deck by far. The cards seem to float while in your hands.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
The set of Seasons Primavera and Seronda are my favorites.
Coolmanclyde
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Coolmanclyde
I can't recall the name of mine but it's a special edition Dan and Dave deck with unique artwork for each card. Very cool. My other fav are the antique looking bikes.
Micheal
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
13 Posts

Profile of Micheal
I like the absolut vodka deck very clean designs.
brittany_killgore
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
13 Posts

Profile of brittany_killgore
Contraband, Mystery Box, AVES Playing Cards – LUX Edition are my favorite. And absolut vodka is also a nice deck.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1253 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
There are over a dozen stunningly beautiful and amazing decks of cards pictured on this webpage here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2......ng-cards

The Monarch deck featured there looks very classy, and was used in the film "Now You See Me".

I also love the look of the Highland Fauna deck.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1887 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Momento Mori - is more of a simplistic deck, maybe even "elegant" but "beautiful?" Beautiful implies a "very high standard" - like comparing a super model to the girl next door. Momento Mori is "attractive" but she won't win Miss America.

Most "beautiful" deck? I'd say.....

Artisans by T11

Origins Grail by Rick Davidson

Medallions by T11

Citizens by T11

NPH by T11

oh who am I kidding, just go shop at T11
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1253 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
One nice thing about a lot of the Theory 11 decks (e.g. Citizens) is that most of the card faces are standard. In some cases, only the card-backs are customized, plus the Ace, Joker, and Brand cards, and of course the box. Sometimes the face cards are customized but not always.

From a card-playing perspective, it's nicer to have all the cards customized, including the number cards. But for a magician, this is one of the strengths of these decks. From a magic perspective, having most of the deck look familiar and plain means that the cards won't distract your audience from your trick, and it also won't make them suspicious that the deck is rigged. At the same time the cards still look much more classy than a regular deck.

That makes decks like the Citizens deck ideal for performing card magic.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
RichardIngram
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RichardIngram
I really like the Monarchs, they have a great look. I don't own the NPH's but they look awesome too
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Most Beautiful Cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL