The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Routining with Rainbow Deck (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post on Magic Café, so I hope I'm not repeating something that was posted elsewhere.
One of my favorite closers to a close-up set is Joshua Jay's Prism Ace cutting routine. Does anyone have any thoughts on other tricks or routines that lend themselves to a rainbow deck kicker ending?
For instance, has anyone considered closing an ACR this way?
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Special user
949 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
It all depends on your ability to weave the two premises together in a way that not only makes sense, but also strengthens both together. Magic should be about shoulda, not coulda.

How and why were you envisioning this coupled with ACR?
ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
The ACR was just an example. I suppose the reason that one came to mind is because I was also thinking about using the Phantom Deck/ Omni Deck as a kicker ending.
I imagine finishing a standard ACR with either the pop-up move or Shin Lim's Cooooon. Then I'd hand out the signed card and maybe have another signature added to it (misdirection for deck switch).
Then I'd end with a reveal of the rainbow deck.

As I type this I realize these two ideas do not marry well. A clear/vanishing deck makes more sense. A rainbow deck seems pretty random.
But this is precisely my problem. I'm having difficulty thinking of other routines that pair well with the rainbow reveal.
I guess I don't NEED another routine, since the Ace cutting routine plays well. But I feel like there's some untapped potential there.
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
255 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
Randy Wakeman published a book of routines using a rainbow deck. It can be found at http://randywakemanmagic.com/
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
602 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
I have seen the Rainbow deck used to good effect when paired with a blank-face deck. Two spectators each independently select a card, one from a blue-backed deck and one from a red-backed. Surprise, they each selected the 7 of diamonds --- but wait, not only that......
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
I've spent a lot of time searching out routines with the rainbow deck. I've read and worked on dozens.
You can't beat Nick Einhorn's routine from his At the Table Lecture.
Finish that routine with Josh Jay's Phantom deck. People FREAK out.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......lecture/
ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
Thanks for the help and insights everyone! I especially liked what I saw in the Nick Einhorn lecture.
This has been super helpful Smile
How
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
104 Posts

Profile of How
This is so strong! I had spec want to put deck in refrigerator! Lol
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
232 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Hi
Stolen cards from Lennard Green is a fantastique routine ....
PAscal
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2349 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I agree the nick Einhorn routine is great!
AsL
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of AsL
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, ThomasIndigo wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post on Magic Café, so I hope I'm not repeating something that was posted elsewhere.
One of my favorite closers to a close-up set is Joshua Jay's Prism Ace cutting routine. Does anyone have any thoughts on other tricks or routines that lend themselves to a rainbow deck kicker ending?
For instance, has anyone considered closing an ACR this way?

For anybody not familiar with it, the Joshua Jay routine you're referencing is probably one of the most beautiful color changing deck routines in existence! Maybe not "the best" to everybody, but certainly worth checking out.

AsL
garyogden1957
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Looking for more ways to use the Rainbow Phantom Card?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Routining with Rainbow Deck (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL