The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alain Choquette - Balducii force routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Anyone know if Alain ever published his routine using the Balducci with Marlo subtlety as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVF70U9LiDY

Just curious if he published it.

Thanks,
Alton
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
The spectatos shuffled their deck of cards !!! Interesting ....
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, PASCAL wrote:
The spectators shuffled their deck of cards !!! Interesting ....
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Yes interesting...
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I figure it out Smile

the spectators shuffle the deck, but when they are looking back at Alain Choquette, one of his assistants wears the invisibility cloak that Mac King uses, and goes through each table and switches the deck for one that is setup for the Balducci, that's the only explanation!!!

Great routine!!!
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
My French isn't good enough to follow all the instructions. He must have instructed them to do something special with the ace of hearts or else it seems that it's impossible. You can't shuffle a bunch of decks and do what he did and end up with AH in all decks. He must have instructed them to do something with the AH unless there's a breather crimp and a bit of luck. Breather might explain but I doubt it.

The AH MUST be on top of the deck when he executes Balducci the 2nd time, right? Therefore it had to be 2nd from top when he began the 1st Balducci. If they truly shuffled that wouldn't be the case. He must have instructed them to do something that caused the AH to begin 2nd from top. At least so it seems...

M
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
No, no instructions about the AH, but maybe some editing took place.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Same trick with a bigger audience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EIfCETmDAM

The shuffling makes this trick impossible !!! The only plausible explanation is a breather crimp as Mike Powers suggested but the outcome cannot be 100% sure. A gimmicked deck for everybody in the audience is also not possible. What else ?
Do your best and forget the rest
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I still think that using the invisibility cloak to switch all the decks is the only way, but if we are going to discuss other methods, let's move this to the secret sessions Smile
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I think there was an instruction to move the AH to a specific location that was edited out. It should still seem strong even to an audience that knows the AH was given special treatment. The viewing audience gets an even stronger effect since we are unaware of the special treatment. I suspect that this is the underlying principle.

M
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
BC's with the different methods people shuffle and position would make this less than ideal. I had seen both videos which made me wonder if he published the method somewhere.

AT
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
I was at his show last night and he did this trick as an opener.

We didn’t shuffle the deck.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Watching the video was excrutiating for me. Endless procedure with one payoff. All that chit chat along the way must be golden.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Even tough it’s a selfworking effect, everybody in the theater was baffled.

By the way, the video is misleading because the shuffle was probably part of an another trick done after this one. Not really fair Smile
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
So...
First, for those who do not understand French, this routine is awesome and is not boring at all. It is funny and unfathomable for the spectators.
Now for the how…
The routine you see is part of the only regular tv magic show in France called « Le plus grand cabaret du monde ». Pretty much all the best magicians in the world have performed there. There is other arts performed too. But sometimes, artists make two acts the same evening. Or a part of their act only is showed because it is too long. The standard limit is around 6 minutes.
Alain was touring near my town and did this routine. The Balducci force he is using has nothing special. But the post just above is right. There was no shuffle during the live show. And for the tv show, there was a trick after this one, and the spectators were invited to shuffle the cards at the beginning of the second trick. With editing, the shuffling sequence has been added BEFORE the first trick, making it impossible to figure out. And to do… The second trick has been simply removed from the show.
It was a little scandal here in France after the tv show, as being unfair. But what is fair except for real magic ?…
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
And there is no publication of this trick which is just a in the hands of the spectators Balducci force (ace of heart second from the top of the deck at the start).
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
In my opinion if you they are going to edit to show shuffling that didn't happen (for this trick) they may as well use CGI to show him levitating over the crowd while doing so.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2017, MeetMagicMike wrote:
In my opinion if you they are going to edit to show shuffling that didn't happen (for this trick) they may as well use CGI to show him levitating over the crowd while doing so.

That's a weird and irrelevant opinion.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
The conversation on this thread turned to the fact that the performance was edited to show something that didn't happen. I expressed my opinion on the matter. Hardly irrelevant.

I brought up CGI because it is something that at least some here would agree shouldn't occur on a magic show that purports to show live magic. If the image of a magician floating over the crowd while guiding them through a card trick seems weird that was exactly the point.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, Rachmaninov wrote:
So...
First, for those who do not understand French, this routine is awesome and is not boring at all. It is funny and unfathomable for the spectators.
Now for the how…
The routine you see is part of the only regular tv magic show in France called « Le plus grand cabaret du monde ». Pretty much all the best magicians in the world have performed there. There is other arts performed too. But sometimes, artists make two acts the same evening. Or a part of their act only is showed because it is too long. The standard limit is around 6 minutes.
Alain was touring near my town and did this routine. The Balducci force he is using has nothing special. But the post just above is right. There was no shuffle during the live show. And for the tv show, there was a trick after this one, and the spectators were invited to shuffle the cards at the beginning of the second trick. With editing, the shuffling sequence has been added BEFORE the first trick, making it impossible to figure out. And to do… The second trick has been simply removed from the show.
It was a little scandal here in France after the tv show, as being unfair. But what is fair except for real magic ?…

Did Alain made a statement related to the little scandal ? Did he answer any questions about why he did the editing ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alain Choquette - Balducii force routine (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL