The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Bob Cassidy release, "Close-up killers" (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I might review it once its gone up to $40... Smile
I've asked to be banned
Tony Dixon
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Tony Dixon
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, IAIN wrote:

Magicians helping Magicians, right? /s
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I understand what you're saying Tony. And I actually would normally be agreeing with you. But there are some performers whose work I simply enjoying watching, based on their past releases and their significance in my life. Just as there are recording artists where I'll always buy their new album -even if the reviews are dire.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Tony Dixon wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, IAIN wrote:

Magicians helping Magicians, right? /s

its not Magicians saving other Magicians money...
Smile
I've asked to be banned
The Urban Entity
View Profile
New user
Itta Bena, MS
100 Posts

Profile of The Urban Entity
Well guys, I'm going to buy this right now. For those who want a detailed review you may have to give a night or two as I do shows elsewhere. But I understand you, you should ask questions. I came here and look this up because I had questions, but I'm going to take one for the team and purchase. Be on the lookout for my review. Hope this is some sort of consolation to you all.
WATCH AWESOME HYPNOSIS VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/user/taylormade85/example?sub_confirmation=1

"Pushing The Boundaries of What is Possible With Hypnosis"
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
I understand what you're saying Tony. And I actually would normally be agreeing with you. But there are some performers whose work I simply enjoying watching, based on their past releases and their significance in my life. Just as there are recording artists where I'll always buy their new album -even if the reviews are dire.

So obviously you are a big fan. And fans are extremely biased. And...a fan review must be taken with a pinch of salt.
Sorry, I mean't a 'bunch of salt' Smile

Welcome back to the Café, Martin.

PS - Let me assure you, I'm NOT a fan of Fraser Parker Smile
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Watched the whole thing. Good stuff.

Ask Iain for a proper review. Smile
The Urban Entity
View Profile
New user
Itta Bena, MS
100 Posts

I have not watch the entire thing. BUT....I skimmed through the entire thing. To relieve some suspicion, allow me tell you what is taught

White Dwarf (various handlings)

Impression Device- this is the highlight of the download. A lot of touches and good information. This is not hype this is actually cool tips and bits in this thing. He teaches how to make it and modify it. This is smart!

Book Test

Psychomatic Deck

Leaving and Dead Test

A Version of a CAN

Creating a Psychomatic Deck

Brain Wave Deck

From what I've seen, you are going to want to use this material. He's teaching stuff close up and not stage. This is golden. And I haven't even watch the entire thing. I kinda skimmed through. Some I've watched more than others. Just remember this is just my basic version of what this is. I'm sure I've missed a bit of content. But from what I've seen, this is sweet. I have no sort of interest invested in this project.
WATCH AWESOME HYPNOSIS VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/user/taylormade85/example?sub_confirmation=1

Twisted Mentat
View Profile
Regular user
Giedi Prime
147 Posts

Profile of Twisted Mentat
And you talk about the trivialization of mentalism?
You have just purchased a product by one click because on the label is a big name. Big name. No proper description. No reviews. Even without the simple list of effects.
I do not see the difference between you and some clown who has just found out yesterday about mentalism and has google "The coolest mentalism effect." Because that way of thinking is the same. He sees a big sign "Cool mentalism effect," You - "Big name", and the result is the same - click. I remember interview with Luke Jermay. He said that he is so trying not to fall under the influence of other mentalists that in his mind he speaks with the dead spirits of them. What a contrast.And you. Buy mind reading effects without thinking. What an irony.
The Urban Entity
View Profile
New user
Itta Bena, MS
100 Posts

I'm at work, trying to multi-task trying to do give a run down, not a thorough one. But just giving some inquiring minds a bit of what to expect. This is not a review. Just my observations. So yeah.....

shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@Twisted Mentat

Don't bother. Your posts are about to be deleted.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Twisted Mentat wrote:
And you talk about the trivialization of mentalism?
You have just purchased a product by one click because on the label is a big name. Big name. No proper description. No reviews. Even without the simple list of effects.
I do not see the difference between you and some clown who has just found out yesterday about mentalism and has google "The coolest mentalism effect." Because that way of thinking is the same. He sees a big sign "Cool mentalism effect," You - "Big name", and the result is the same - click. I remember interview with Luke Jermay. He said that he is so trying not to fall under the influence of other mentalists that in his mind he speaks with the dead spirits of them. What a contrast.And you. Buy mind reading effects without thinking. What an irony.

Is this addressed to me? Are you seriously putting the words "trivialisation of mentalism" and "Bob Cassidy" in the same post? Of course I'm going to buy a new video release by Bob Cassidy. He is one of the last living legends. Even at his worst he is better than 90% of the young bucks at their best.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
When 100% of what you've ever purchased from Bob has been golden I just click.

It's all good.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
Of course I'm going to buy a new video release by Bob Cassidy. He is one of the last living legends. Even at his worst he is better than 90% of the young bucks at their best.

I liked that Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, John C wrote:

It's all good.

I agree..... If only you get it what you paid for...... If not then it is a different story all together. This looks like a safe bet to order.... But, I think that I will pass.

Ray
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, John C wrote:

It's all good.

I agree..... If only you get it what you paid for...... If not then it is a different story all together. This looks like a safe bet to order.... But, I think that I will pass.

Ray

Build it up..... Then down it goes. Hahaha
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
64 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
Some of the arguments against getting for name, do you but music from a band before the album is out? You know what they make is good so why not keep getting the next one? If I had no bills right now I'd snag this up. Looking forward to genuine reviews.
The Urban Entity
View Profile
New user
Itta Bena, MS
100 Posts

Having watched it. Fully, those thinking that they know what this about features will be in for a few surprises as Mr. Cassidy lays out some stuff for close up that's just as powerful as the stage stuff. I'm 100% happy with my purchase.

truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Magical Dimensions wrote:
This looks like a safe bet to order.... But, I think that I will pass.

Please keep us up-to-date on everything that you decide NOT to purchase. Smile

I bought it, and I'm looking forward to watching it. Bob's video releases on Penguin have never let me down, and I'd rather get it now at half price anyway.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
I'd say it's well worth the price it's at now.

There is some stuff I will use, other stuff I won't. I would be more in depth but I wrote a long review and then my iPad crashed, I can't face spending 25 mins writing it again.

The highlights for me were the impression utility, white star, and the home made psychomatic deck. I love them all, and at some point will be using them.

There were a few routines I won't do, either they won't fit who I am or I have a method of my own already.

This certainly isn't a purchase that should feel like a risky buy, I don't think you need to be an avid fan of Bob Cassidy to know that his material is great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Bob Cassidy release, "Close-up killers" (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL