The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genie by Kevin Parker (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
So, I was fortunate enough to get to check out Genie by Kevin Parker, if you aren't familiar, the ad copy says,"Imagine that you can enchant a bottle - whether your own or a spectator's - which summons a genie inside it which then moves the bottle around on the table once you uncover the mouth of the bottle to stir him up. You clearly are not touching the bottle or coming in contact with it and the way your hands stay still rules out the use of threads. Must-see video.

No use of thread, loops, ITRs, wires, or anything similar.
Ideal for closeup, street, anywhere there's a surface.
No special environmental or surface requirements.
No magnets.
Extremely easy.
Can use borrowed bottle." The first thing I look at when I get a product is is the ad copy honest? Everything that is listed, is true here, which is nice to have an honest ad copy. The effect is a moving bottle effect, except there are not threads, strings, or magnets, which is great. It says you can do anywhere there is a surface, and makes me think that this could be done in the spectators hands if they set it out like a table. This is effect is pretty cool in my opinion, and the workings although a little simplistic is awesome. I think another big perk is that your hands are literally not touching the bottle when it moves. Don't expect it to just start moving everywhere though, that is not what this is. This will move a bottle a good 6 inches probably max, and you can keep repeating it, you can also make the bottle fall over and roll, which I personally like to do, and if you get the download you can figure out how to do that pretty easily. I think this is a great creation, and very much worth the price for this mini miracle. Great work on this Kevin! Hope to see more clever stuff like this in the future!
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask!
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
126 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, codydavismagic wrote:
If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask!

Can it be used on any surface?
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Maxy
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

RicoGood- I have done this just so far on a table. I imagine you can do it on most surfaces, except maybe a spectators hands, but I am going to try to make just the bottle fall in their hands. There is no reason why it shouldn't work, I just don't think in a persons hands you could do it a lot of times.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Is it impromptu or is there a gimmick?
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Just one question, can you do this on the ground rather than a table?
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

MadisonH- There is a gimmick involved, but not like an intense set up. It will hardly take up any space, and it is brought in and out of play so cleanly that I don't even notice bringing it in an out as a problem. It is that clean.
Hackmonkey- Yep! You could do it on the ground!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I just want to know about the timing and control. I like the pause in the beginning but then with repeats does it have to move right after he lets go. Could you pretend to push it with the force of your hand from afar or must you have your hands on either side. Thx!
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

MagicBrent, yes you could pretend to push it with a hand and have it move. I personally don't like to repeat like that so many times, but it just depends on presentation. I like to do the pretend push, or a blow, and have it move, and then finally results in falling over. The falling over is not taught in the download, but is not hard to do, and if you own the product can probably figure out how to do it. If you can't feel free to PM me!
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

But like yes you can put pauses in between each move as well! Or have it keep moving a lot rapidly like in the video.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just got this and hated the method. but I made it up and I'll be darned it works... might just have to throw one of these gimmicks in my edc
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Alan, It's for sure a different method than expected! Like I was a little let down when I first got it, but after I tried it, and it worked, and I got reactions, it was great. I don't have to carry IT around with me anymore, and this is definitely easy to carry and doesn't take up like any pocket space.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Cody: I sent you a PM.
Any body else try this? Opinions?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I don't like the + 1 or - 1
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, my curiosity got the best of me so I purchased this. I have to agree with Alan's and Cody's review/posts. And one nice thing about this is I have never been a huge fan of IT and Kevin's method takes away that fear of "what if it breaks" because this will not break. And Cody is correct that it takes up very little pocket space. I am definitely looking forward to performing this.

RNK
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Mr Effecto, I'm confused, what don't you like?
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

RiffRaff, message sent!
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
This does what it says. If you like the video, get it. Simple as that Smile
KP_Magic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KP_Magic
This is Kevin, the creator. I want to thank those of you who seen potential in the effect and posted about it. Props to Alan Rorrison who, despite initial impressions, made the gimmick and gave it a try.

Just wanted to give you guys your own personal enchanted bottle to show people or to enchant someone else's bottle.

Hope you guys enjoy the effect and stay tuned to more releases.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genie by Kevin Parker (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL