The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Latest and Greatest? Genie by Kevin Parker (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1942 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Are the materials used to make the gimmick easily found? Can they be purchased at everyday places? And is this gimmick easy to put together? Thanks.

Good magic to all,

Eric
KP_Magic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KP_Magic
Yes the materials for the gimmick - just one item is needed - is very easily found at a local gas station or store or you may even already have it.

Very easy to make, nothing to 'put together', you'll see what I mean in the tutorial.

Best.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2474 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Full discloser, Kevin sent me this as a review copy.

Like Alan, I was taken aback by the method. I thought, "This can't possibly work." But then I thought about it and realized it's pretty clever, and does exactly what it needs to do.

When I first saw the length of the video I thought Kevin had accidentally sent me a promo video instead of the instructions - but really, the method is so incredibly simple it just doesn't need much explanation. Do this, this, and this and there you go - now go be creative. He covers everything you need to know and gives a few ways to affect the motion of the object.

I don't know if I am bold enough to use this in someone's hands as codydavismagic mentioned, but I am sure I will be using this in the future. The idea of the genie in the bottle is kind of fun but I would most likely be using something more like an audience energy focus kind of deal. I could see this being a great introduction effect, actually, sitting at a table on stage, a single spotlight, a story, the bottle shifting forward like that. It is very striking.

So, in short - You will probably think the method is way too obvious, but then if you actually do it you will figure out that this has a ton of potential.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Chicagomagi
View Profile
New user
Riverside, IL
89 Posts

Profile of Chicagomagi
Hi all. Happy New Year!

Does the type of bottle matter? Can it be a plastic water bottle or beer bottle? Can you also do it with a coffee cup or glass, etc?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2474 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
The only thing I can think is that some mugs or glasses might be too heavy to get a good slide without being obvious.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
593 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Wow. Havent seen Kevin Parker in a minute. I'm a huge fan of Passing Thru.
Le Petomane
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Le Petomane
I was curious about the weight issue as well, I need it to work with a brass bottle that weighs about half a pound,
Kevin is that possible?
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
How are the angles with this one?
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
mantel
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, brandon90 wrote:
Wow. Havent seen Kevin Parker in a minute. I'm a huge fan of Passing Thru.

Try this http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21840
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Angles are quite good. If your audience is not looking too much down there is nothing to see.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
Angles are quite good. If your audience is not looking too much down there is nothing to see.

Thanks! Certainly worth a look.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
KP_Magic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KP_Magic
Genie will let you do one of the spookiest looking moving-object effects out there without the use of thread or waving hands/moving body. Using your own bottle or the spectator's, you tell them that the bottle starts moving every time you uncap it, as if you stirred up a genie inside, so you uncap it and wait...not touching the bottle...and it starts moving eerily and slowly across the table. This is only one format of presentation; you could equally tell them to toss a coin in the bottle and 3 secs later is starts moving.

Trailer: https://www.kevinparkerproductions.com/p......download

I'm offering free review copies (downloads) in exchange for an honest thorough review.

Product features:

No use of thread, loops, ITRs, wires, or anything similar
Ideal for closeup, street or anywhere there's a surface
No special environmental or surface requirements
No magnets
Extremely easy
Can use borrowed bottle
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1346 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Looks cool, is it required to be an empty bottle?
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
485 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
I'm interested.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
I�ll give it a look. Looks pretty cool!
khuzhai
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of khuzhai
I�m interested as well
KP_Magic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KP_Magic
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Looks cool, is it required to be an empty bottle?

Thx, it works best empty but will work the same if anything you drop inside there isn't too heavy.
Escamoteur
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Hello,

I would be interested in checking this out.

Carter
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3137 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
It does look good on video. I like no threads but I look forward to reading a complete review. I get its a simple download at a reasonable price but Im waiting on a review.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3137 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Genie: by Kevin Parker
Instant download tutorial video by Kevin Parker.
* new product release *

Trailer: http://www.kevinparkerproductions.com/pr......download
Effect:
When you uncover the mouth of a bottle, the bottle starts moving as if you stirred up a genie inside. Must-see video.

o No use of thread, loops, ITRs, wires, or anything similar
o Ideal for closeup, street or anywhere there's a surface
o No special environmental or surface requirements
o No magnets
o Extremely easy
o Can use borrowed bottle

Review:
As advertised, it is a fair and accurate dealer write up that uses a simple method that gets the job done, is virtually invisible and is startling- even close up to see the bottle move away from you without you physically touching it. It can immediately be repeated. I love that there are no threads used , nice to see another method here. Actually, the bottle does not need to be empty. However, an empty transparent bottle actually adds to this effect as you are seeing everything quite clearly, thus proving again, no attachment to you, it looks impossible. Presented as a spirit in the bottle is logical and actually aids in the handling.

Final notes:
Angles are pretty good here, even close up. Handling is free, not cozy and tight, meaning its a relaxed effect, pretty impromptu and the bottle can be borrowed on the spot as nothing is ever attached. Like in the video, a smooth surface does make for a smooth move. So is a smooth table top necessary? No but this will not work with a tablecloth as an example. Tables, bar-tops, desktops, any suitable smooth surfaces are good for this. But it would work on a top like a picnic table or park bench, which are not smooth. The effect may be different depending on the surface. There will still be unexplainable movements, the bottle may even tip over. This is not a bad thing.
Video is under 8 mins long but it covers everything.
There are no arts & crafts necessary and there is virtually an immediate get ready and clean up.
Price is fair and as I thought about it, the idea used for this effect can be used elsewhere so from a value perspective, an effect and the simple video, I recommend it.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Latest and Greatest? Genie by Kevin Parker (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL