The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genie by Kevin Parker (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Can this be performed at any smooth table or counter, i.e in a coffee shop or bar, with zero chance of the method being visible or obvious?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Plz see my review on previous page. For a quick answer I’d love to say yes. However, like many things in our arsenal, that would be like saying should a TT be visible or obvious? If you watch the video and the method isn’t visible or obvious, then this if for you.
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Genie by Kevin Parker

​Trailer: https://www.kevinparkerproductions.com/p......download

​Effect: When you uncover the mouth of a bottle, the bottle starts moving as if you stirred up a genie inside.

​Review: I just had a chance to view Genie by Kevin Parker. Now, I've always had a love-hate relationship with PK effects. As a mentalist, I love that the visual aspect PK effects bring to the table, but I've never been a fan of the setup involved (i.e. ITR, loops, etc.). Genie eliminates the thread and doesn't require magnets, which is historically what's been necessary. When I got to the explanation portion of the tutorial, I smiled. Having been around a while, it's rare for me to run across a method I'm not familiar with, but this was entirely new to me. Admittedly, I watched the trailer a few times trying to guess at the method, but I was clueless.

Genie does exactly what it clams - you'll be able to move a bottle several inches while your spectator looks on. I really like the gimmick and it's something you can easily obtain/carry with you. Definitely doesn't take up a lot of space and, if handled properly, is completely undetectable.

If you are into PK effects, this is definitely worth a look. If you're not and are looking for a place to start, this is also worth getting. At $7.50 for the download, I honestly feel that it's priced low. I've gotten a lot less for a lot more.

I wouldn't say angles are much of a concern either. Yes, there's a gimmick in play, but given the properties of the gimmick (can't say much more without revealing the method), I wouldn't quite classify Genie as angle-sensitive.

Overall, I came away really impressed with Genie. Yes, I liked the method, but what I appreciated even more is how it sparked my creativity and made me look at PK effects in a new light.

Highly recommended.

Product details at: https://www.kevinparkerproductions.com/p......download
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genie by Kevin Parker (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL