The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Black Envelope by Bob Kohler (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
The Black Envelope by Bob Kohler

What Is Black Envelope? Bob Kohler’s Black Envelope is a truly diabolical secret based on an idea from top Scottish card man Peter Duffie, tipped to Bob by Frank Garcia. In typical Kohler fashion, Bob then honed the concept and created five real-world, practical routines which have all held a steady place in his professional repertoire for over ten years! These are no pipe dreams, what you’ll learn are professional routines which “get the money.”

What can you do with it? Here is just one of the effects possible: Imagine showing your audience a black, letter-sized envelope, which you place in full view on the table. A card is then selected and signed by a spectator. Instantly, the signed card appears inside of the envelope! And get this -- there's no palming whatsoever!

The Black Envelope DVD includes detailed explanations to this and four more complete routines, each utilizing the ingenious principle in a completely different way. You’ll learn the methods, moves, and even presentations to the routines that Bob has used to fool lay audiences and expert magicians alike for years. Each of the routines vary in skill level from easy to medium difficulty. Every magician will find something they can put to use immediately.

Routines performed and explained:
No Palm Card to Envelope
Astral Envelope
Sphere of Influence
Thought Of Card
Perfect Stop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was recently out in Kansas City and decided to go to UST Magic and found this dvd. WOW! the princple is amazing and really works. The envelope is completely examinable at the end of EVERY routine and so is the card. The way to get a signed duplicate in the No Palm Card to Envelope is worth at least half if not ALL of theasking price. Plus you get five envelopes with the DVD. But I am sure you will give then away so you can order packs of ten for $8.00. The DVD quality is very goodexcept some problems with the sound during parts of the DVD. It gets
:donut6: Smile Smile Smile Smile out of 5

Your Views?
Jon
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I had this, loved it, then got Special Delivery, which I think is a little better in the clean showing of taking the card out. But I use a routine mostly from the Black Envelope DVD.
Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
156 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
Can you explain Special Delivery a little more?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5362 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You might want to try the search function. Both of these effects have been discussed at length here on the Café.

David Regal’s “Special Delivery” is a killer effect. A freely selected playing card is signed and returned to the deck. The spectator looks through the stack of window envelopes until a card is seen inside one of them. You open the envelope and inside is the signed selection.

It is basically a signed card to wallet type of effect. But rather than using a wallet, the signed card is found in window envelope that is in the center of a rubber-banded stack of window envelopes. The stack of envelopes can be in plain view before the card is signed, and lost in the deck and well before it vanishes from the deck.

I use this trick regularly, lately more than my card to wallet.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
156 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
Thanks for the details!
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Can someone tell me if the Black Enveloppe is hard to do?

How many hours, for a begginer (my dad) does it take before he can do a effect?

thanks
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
502 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
I have "The Black Envelope" for sale with envelopes. PM if interested.

Walter
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
The Black Envelope routines vary in dificulty, but I wul say that he would be able to master the handiling in about thirty minutes for the No Palm routine. HOwever, I would reccomned more time than that practicing the routine so yuo can do it right.
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Thanks for the info....

Devilix
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
540 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
I am wondering whether in the dvd is esplained how to "build" an envelope or if you are "obliged" to buy the refills?
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
The envelope is ungimmicked, so it would be a simple matter to make more if you needed them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Black Envelope by Bob Kohler (11 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL