The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fascinating New Book Test (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
'Sheep & Goat Psi Soup' is a wonderful new style of book test from Stephen James Durant, now available from my website. UK mentalist Drew McAdam describes it as 'mentalism with muscle' You will receive a ‘Dissertation Proposal’ submitted for ethics approval by a 3rd year Psychology undergraduate. This is formatted in accordance with standard guidelines. There are 30 A4 pages (26 in full colour) loose bound in a clear fronted plastic binder. This is a physical product that you will actually receive, not a PDF. You will also receive 6 A4 pages outlining the ‘effect’ with clear instructions describing the system itself.

The hypothesis of the paper is that believers in psi interpret ambiguous phenomena as evidence of psi, whereas non-believers interpret the same evidence as nothing more than chance. In order to test this theory a mindreading/telepathy experiment is proposed. ‘Senders’ look at images and ‘Receivers’’ try to pick up on any visions, sounds, smells, tastes, physical/emotional feelings or memories associated with the images that the Sender...err sends.

There are 100 numbered images, no repeats. No forces or any shenanigans. You will simply memorise each one. This means that when your participant looks at one of the images you will be able to;
Describe all, or any of the sensations listed above that you imagine they are experiencing (Hot read); or more precisely, describe the sensations that you yourself would associate with the image, (and therefore you can’t be wrong). You will also receive 6 A4 pages outlining the ‘effect’ with clear instructions describing the system itself.

Check it out now:

http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/page_86.html
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Paul, can you give a description of how this would appear to the spec, in more detail?
(I'm a big fan of your releases...and just need to kid myself that I'm not being impulsive lol)

Thanks

252Intrigued
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes me too please.....would like to see what the spectators sees or an example please.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I got in touch with the creator, Stephen James Durant, and this is what he writes. I hope it answers any questions you may have.

"You hand your participant a ‘Dissertation Proposal’ submitted for ethics approval by a 3rd year Psychology undergraduate, while you describe the experiment proposed...research into ESP. This is formatted in accordance with standard guidelines. There are 30 A4 pages, 4 text (including references) and 26 full colour, featuring 100 numbered images. You suggest attempting an approximation of the proposed experiment. They think of a number from 1-100 and write it down for later verification (unseen by you), as per the original experiment. They then look up the image that corresponds to that number. Once you’ve discovered the number they’ve chosen, you will know the image. You will then be able to describe any emotions, or sensations that are associated with the image. If you describe what you would associate, the likelihood is that they will experience something similar. Cold/hot reading opportunities will abound. You could just tell them what image they are looking at is, but personally I go for the quiet hits rather than a Tada."
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
And also, in a more light-hearted vein:

Specs view..

"Blimey, this bloke just asked me to think of a number between 1-100. He said look up the image that corresponds to that number' in this file I was holding and then he told all kinds of **** about it...and me. I swear he never saw what I was looking at...he didn't even know what number I chose!!!
www.readerofminds.co.uk
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks Paul, I'm going to take the plunge.
Any early purchase special discount codes to be had?

(I have some shame...somewhere. Maybe)

Regardless, I'm in. Sounds really good.
Thanks for the clarifications Smile

252Shameless

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just ordered Smile

Review to follow.

this sounds unique.

-Theodore Annemann
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks 252life! The product will be shipped out to you direct from the creator. No discounts I'm afraid as I'm acting purely as host for this. However I'm certain you will be delighted with it.
www.readerofminds.co.uk
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks much. I'm looking forward to it.
(And it came out to about $56. USD. Not bad at all imo)

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Hoping this arrives soon.
I need election distractions Smile

252ThatSoundsWrong

-Theodore Annemann
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I imagine it should arrive any day now. It will have been posted out by Stephen, the creator. If you want to message me your name and postal address, I can chase Stephen up and find out when it was sent? Just let me know. Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks Paul, I'll do that.
(Only because a tracking # saves me many unnecessary long drives checking lol)

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Okay, just received it!

First off, I really like this.
It's what it appears to be, a dissertation, and is actually readable.
(I just skimmed the lead in pages, but doubt I'll change that opinion upon a better read through.)

Now, it will obviously require work.
I suspect that even two years ago, I would have run screaming from this.
This effect takes a commitment, but I'm weighing in,
that I'm also learning a very interesting peg system.
For me that's a bonus that I can use in other effects as well.
Anyone with a solid (100) system already, can jump right in I'd suppose.

I think it'll be a bit before I'm ready to test it out.
Guessing at least a week.

If you enjoy putting in the work for effects like Pi, and MOABT.
Or, enjoy Atlas Brookings approach, you'll like this.

The only downside was the package came ripped wide open.
Obviously no fault of the shipper. Looked like it was inspected along the way,
and they didn't care enough to tape it after. But, luckily all contents arrived undamaged.

I'm happy with this one.

-Theodore Annemann
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Glad it arrived! Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
SJD
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of SJD
Hi 252Life. I'm sorry to hear the parcel got messed up in the post, but glad to hear that the contents were unscathed.
If you could do with any tips to help with nailing the system, or presentation in general, please feel free to PM me.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3414 Posts

Profile of takeachance
This sounds interesting, a nice variant on a book test.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, takeachance wrote:
This sounds interesting, a nice variant on a book test.

It certainly is! Well worth the small investment.
www.readerofminds.co.uk
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2276 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, SJD wrote:
Hi 252Life. I'm sorry to hear the parcel got messed up in the post, but glad to hear that the contents were unscathed.
If you could do with any tips to help with nailing the system, or presentation in general, please feel free to PM me.

Will do. Haven't been able to give it much time yet, but have it sitting next to me.
None of the anticipitory thrill has been lost though. Think I'll start making some flash cards up today Smile

252Studious

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fascinating New Book Test (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL