The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Introductions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Verbal
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Verbal
Hello,
Short time lurker, first time poster. I'm sure that's a cliche. I thought I would introduce myself. I also thought that I might take the opportunity to ask a couple of questions.
I was going to go into detail about my specific interests but I'm hesitant because I'm a rank amateur.

1. What is the most important aspect of magic?*
2. What is the most overlooked aspect of magic?*

*In your opinion.
I'm eager to learn your opinions.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Welcome to the Magic Café, Verbal. You'll find that this is a place where rank amateurs rub shoulders with seasoned professionals. Your general theory questions might be best suited for the "Food for Thought" discussion board in the "Round Table" section.

Even as a rank amateur, you must be starting somewhere. What are you reading? Who are you watching? What kind of thing do you like to fool around with?
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I agree with Doug! FOOD FOR THOUGHT would seem to be the best forum for discussions of such abstract thoughts.

I'm not sure that I fully understand what YOU mean by "aspect". (My Funk & Wagnalls defines "aspect" (#3): "appearance presented to the mind".)

(An early Webster's defined "net", as, "anything reticulated or decussated with interstices between the intersection.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Verbal,

Nothing wrong with being an amateur but you don't want to be rank LOL.

1. I think Wonder is an important aspect of Magic.

2. All Magic takes place in the mind of the spectator. We don't do the Magic, we help the spectators to see the Magic. It is all about communication and engagement.

We all started somewhere. Have fun.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Introductions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL