The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Topit 180 by David Penn (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
David's technique isn't that appealing. Hope the gimmick is worth looking into. My experience with fabric glue has not been great so far. Ez I think that tip is gold. Thanks for sharing.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
David Penn discusses his Topit 180 in this weeks Wizard Products Review.

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
No matter what, props to David for showing a very fair demo of the Topit 180. A full body shot and actually explaining the workings. To me this looks great!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Watched the video. That's kind of confusing... personally I'm right handed and I throw with my right hand when I use TKO 2.0 and I will be doing the same with topit. In this case, I will need to buy a left handed T180.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
If you have the object your topping in your right hand then you toss it to the left side of you jacket. So you need a left sided toppit.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
At 11:18 he explains it differently....it seems to me...he is saying which hand the object ends up is the side you buy...11:18 he says if you are right handed the topit goes on the left side of the body but it's a right handed topit because it gets vanished with the right hand.....so it's what hand the object ends up in that's the side topit you need ie French drop ends up in left hand you need a left hand topit....that's how I took it but I could be wrong!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, the hand you throw with is the Topit you order. Throw with right hand, order a right handed Topit which you will install on your left side.

You order by the hand you use, not where it will be installed.

Hope that is clear enough.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
"Finish the trick Blamo." Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
I believe you're right 350zTT, I believe David is trying to say that if after say a false transfer, the object ends up in your right hand, you'll want to get a right handed topit. Or you can think of it as whichever side the object starts in before doing a false transfer, is the one that you want to get. If you get a right handed topit, the topit will be set up on the left side of your jacket yes, but its still considered a right handed topit.

I think people are getting confused as to which side the topit is going to be set up on. If the object is palmed in you're right hand, you're ditching into the left side of your jacket, but again, it's still considered a right handed topit.

After hearing David going into a little more detail on this, I can say I'm 100% sold. I didn't realize that you can also ditch objects into the same part that you retreive from. At first I thought that by ditching, he meant ditching into the topit itself. But apparently you can ditch an object into the topit itself, OR from the retrieval/holding area in the back of the jacket. That's a distinct difference and I think the main advantage that this has over Topit Revolution, not to mention at half the price. Smile

Putting my order in this Friday. If I get this before anyone else on here does, I'll post a review.

-Jameson
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
The fact that you can also ditch objects into the same part that you retreive from is a huge benefit!
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
I am very interested in this. Can someone tell me how it actually attaches to the inside of your jacket?
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
No one knows for sure yet. Doesn't say anywhere in the ad how exactly it attaches. I'm assuming safety pins as it's probably the cheapest way, but I'm not 100% on that. They may have another system in place though who knows. It just says in the ad that it attaches within minutes and you can transfer from jacket to jacket.

Anyway, I just placed my order. Should have it hopefully by Monday. Will post a review when I get it!

-Jameson
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Must be selling like hot cakes, they raised the price!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
I wonder how different this is from David's 21st Century Topit? Obviously the 180 retrieval. But otherwise is it similar?
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have found all Topits are different in the design. The only thing you can compare is the name, otherwise it is apples and oranges.

I am only guessing, but Pat Page designed a Topit that could be transferred. He safety pinned a very small piece of Velcro at different spots to the lining of each coat.

Now the device could be transferred very easily from on garment to another.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Can this be put in to a vest?
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Most topit designs will work with a vest, I would assume that this one can as well. Of course it would have to be open. But as far as I know, no one here actually has this yet so this is all speculation.

I just placed my order yesterday so hopefully by Monday I should have it and will be able to help answer some questions.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:

This Topit has to be bigger and larger then the original Topit, and with additional delivery system would be more troubling for a vest. A vest only goes to just below the waist line. I don't see the delivery system working for fooling anyone, steals need be unnoticed, when you hand goes that high, it is a big "tell".

Then you would have to cut down the pocket so much, it is not longer a sure shot, in my opinion.

I would look for a vesting Topit, or have a seamstress install on for your you vest.
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
If it is not a system with safety pins, I will buy it. I have 2 differents topits but I am tired to attach in different vest, it is boring...
Benmorrisrains
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Benmorrisrains
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:

I didn't ask about vests but I received a no to zip-up hoodies and cardigans. I was told Suit Jackets and Blazers only.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Topit 180 by David Penn (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL