The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello guys, I'm new to magic but not to performing. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anton Binder Magic
View Profile
New user
U.K.
12 Posts

Profile of Anton Binder Magic
Hi everyone, I guess I'd better introduce myself. My name's Anton, I've been working in front of audiences for years but not as a magician. My career has encompassed experimental music, fringe theatre, performance art and alternative cabaret. My magical skills I've kept for friends birthdays and weddings. The reactions to those gigs though have always been so positive that I've realised that magic has always been what I really wanted to do. In retrospect, most of my previous work had an element of illusion to it. As a kid my halloween cosplay of choice was always the magician's top hat. So, after a lot of convincing from friends and family and at an age when most people are considering early retirement I've come out as the magician I always was. In a way I suppose I have the opposite problem from most magicians starting out, I don't lack confidence, skill or experience of performing in front of people and my cabaret compering has left me fearless with hecklers. I would humbly request though any tips and advice from you more experienced illusionist as to general, practicalities. Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks for having me

Anton
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Good day Anton and welcome onboard. I am sure you will find most of the answers to your questions when you start reading through the various sections of the café.

Good luck!
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Anton Binder Magic,

Practice and maintain your sense of wonder. Care about your audience and their experience.

Have fun!

-Mary Mowder
Anton Binder Magic
View Profile
New user
U.K.
12 Posts

Thanks guys.

Supertoad I've been having fun reading posts on here for a while now. I'm pleased to see the camaraderie and helpfulness of most of the posters here. Also, if I'm honest, a little amazed at how often arguments break out. I guess that just goes to show how passionate we all are about the craft. Smile

Mary. Great advice. I like to think my sense of wonder will survive anything life can throw at me. Except eggs. Don't throw eggs. Or tomatoes in cans. Thanks for the warm welcome.Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2016, Anton Binder Magic wrote:

I like to think my sense of wonder will survive anything life can throw at me. Except eggs. Don't throw eggs. Or tomatoes in cans. Thanks for the warm welcome.Smile

LOL Spoken like a true performer.

-Mary
JasperLee
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of JasperLee
Welcome to the Café!
Anton Binder Magic
View Profile
New user
U.K.
12 Posts

Thanks Jasperlee. Nice to get a welcome from another newbie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello guys, I'm new to magic but not to performing. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL