The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IQPA by José Prager (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
I honestly don't think stringing together other people's ideas and subtleties from various other effects is worthy of release as a 14 page $10 e-book.

Majority (almost all) of new releases are derived from standing on the shoulders of the "original" giants. You can say this statement about so many other effects and routines being released today.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, RNK wrote:
Quote:
I honestly don't think stringing together other people's ideas and subtleties from various other effects is worthy of release as a 14 page $10 e-book.

Majority (almost all) of new releases are derived from standing on the shoulders of the "original" giants. You can say this statement about so many other effects and routines being released today.

Not so much "standing on the shoulders of giants" as "bumping into them in order to nick their valuables and sell them on to some mugs."
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I perform in portuguese.

Quote:
On Oct 19, 2016, Prager wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2016, Adrien L. wrote:
I'm guessing only english, right?

The IQPA's are designed to work in english.

Once understood the approach, I think you will be able to design your own IQPA's.

I can help you if you wish.

What's your first language?
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:

While I can see your point, it is misguided. What do you think Practical Mental Magic was? Half of the older books were collections of multiple performers effects or variations of other routines. There is no such thing as truly original.. all of our ideas come from something. Look at all of the magic effects that use the same card techniques but are completely different in effect. "Effect is everything, method is nothing."
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Not so much "standing on the shoulders of giants" as "bumping into them in order to nick their valuables and sell them on to some mugs."

This is the Martin I remember... I thought you'd gone soft on us. Smile
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Please tell me you're not comparing this in any way, shape or form to 'Practical Mental Effects"(And it's "effects" btw, not 'magic"-always good to try and learn the history of your art.)
The "author" has taken Atlas's effect and added other people's methods, including a completely uncredited method that Atlas has publicly shared on the Café.
Anyone who hasn't already considered making the minor adjustments to PA's mentioned in this e-book maybe ought to re-consider whether they are cut out for mentalism.
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
First of all, did Atlas Brookings even give permission to Prager for inclusion of the superhero PA?
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I did not, but have spoken to Jose who was a gentleman about the whole matter and he has agreed to alter the book to remove the superhero effect.

Best,

Atlas
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
Please tell me you're not comparing this in any way, shape or form to 'Practical Mental Effects"(And it's "effects" btw, not 'magic"-always good to try and learn the history of your art.)
The "author" has taken Atlas's effect and added other people's methods, including a completely uncredited method that Atlas has publicly shared on the Café.
Anyone who hasn't already considered making the minor adjustments to PA's mentioned in this e-book maybe ought to re-consider whether they are cut out for mentalism.

I am not comparing this to to Practical Mental Magic (which btw it is both named Effects and Magic, originally Effects but then renamed as Magic when it was re-released) in quality, as I've never even read this ebook.. just saying that just because this uses techniques and ideas from other creators doesn't make it invalid or pointless to release.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, Atlas wrote:
I did not, but have spoken to Jose who was a gentleman about the whole matter and he has agreed to alter the book to remove the superhero effect.

Best,

Atlas

Does this mean I've got a collector' s edition!
Excellent!

Having re-read it, this e-book is the greatest treatise on PAs in the history of the art.

Please PM with offers for the original, unedited edition before Jose's brilliant take on "Superheroes" was deleted.
Three figure offers only please. Smile
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Atlas is far too kind, the superheroes PA is being replaced for another equally strong one with his permission.

The ebook is not about the superheroes PA. It's about how I approach PA's as mind reading. You can easily execute any PA using the approach I teach on the eBook.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Just got this & will read it later.

Mike Donoghue
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Good on you, Atlas for your kindness, and I'm sure Prager will learn from this experience.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I have 5 copies available for reviewing.

PM with your e-mail!
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
3 left.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I really like the work on colours. I have a little subtlety which I will share with Jose. Anybody interested head his way.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I still have 2 copies for reviewers.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I bought this, it has some good ideas but it's not revolutionary. By the way I'm not a fan of PA's but I was hoping it might make me a fan.
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
I just bought this---the method can be a powerful one, but I don't believe Jose Prager has maximized this principle. What he teaches is wayyyy too transparent. If you want the really good stuff, I suggest you buy Atlas Brookings book on the topic. The superheroes principle is amazing!
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Jose has packed a lot of useful info into this release. I am quite versed in PA work and find this to be a concise collection of useful techniques and subtleties.

As mentioned above, with the exception of one small subtlety original to Jose (which I did enjoy), everything in this book has been published previously in other works. With that being said, Jose does specifically credit two originators and provides a list of other sources for reference.

Assuming permission was given to share these techniques and approaches, this is a wonderful resource on performing PA's, particularly at less than $10.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IQPA by José Prager (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL