The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Help with "NON-instant" stage induction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
Hi all, I'm Stephan from Belgium.
Sorry for my poor English.
I already hypnotized thousands of people in the Belgian streets, only using instant inductions.
My pre-talk is effective and I have no problem building rapport with people.

More and more people are asking me for shows.
The thing is I want to learn group inductions.
My favorite one is the Terry Stoke induction.
I own:

Terry stoke stage induction DVD

Michael Johns stage induction DVD

Ormond McGill New Encyclopedia with tons of group inductions

Several modified Elman inductions scripts

Spidey Induction DVD

Ronnings Guide

and probably other sources I forget to mention.

If my pretalk is perfect in any way, what group induction do you think works the best?
Sorry to ask, because most of the people want to learn instant inductions but I don't have that problem.
I don't know if it is possible for me.
I don't have a deep relaxing bass voice like Terry Stokes (I love his embedded commands).

Thank you!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You don't need a deep relaxing bass voice, though you can do that with the mix in the sound.

Terry is one of the best. Going past that might not be necessary.

But you have some wonderful resources at your disposal. Look at them not for ONE induction that fits you, but rather the REASONS they do what they do. THEN put together an induction that FITS YOU! It is the best way to do things.

You will then have the best possible induction for yourself.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
Thank you Danny!
You confirm several things: sound system can help my voice, and taking different elements to make my own induction, like I made my own pretalk.
I just must learn to trust myself the same way I trust myself when I do instant inductions.
Your answer is very helpful!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I agree that you should create your own induction based on the elements and components you need, want or require and that go with your preferred approach. Your perception that most people want to learn instant induction is very odd to me, but of course you are doing street hypnosis, which is part of the issue. Perhaps in the circles you travel this may be true but don't believe this is so for most performing hypnotists or the industry. Many believe the audience must see and experience the process and of course it is beneficial too to the subjects. Your thoughts may only be relative to your limited realm.
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
Thank your answer Mindpro. The first time I saw a progressive induction, it was on the Internet. All French-talking hypnotists I saw in shows only use instant, and I went to stage hypnosis class it was the same issue. Even in the street, I have hypnotherapists follow me to learn instant, without understanding that pretalk and pretests are much more important. I really prefer to see slower inductions, it looks so much better and more respectful to me!

What do you mean by "the elements and components you NEED"?
I think this is what I need to learn.
I thought it was better to use the most possible components, like eye fixation, countdowns, relaxation, visualization, fractionation and arm raising or stiffening.
I know for example that I need spotlights in order to convince peoples that their eyes are getting tired.
Another part of inductions is the stiff arm or the raising arms.
I have the feeling that raising arms are much easier to obtain, am I wrong?
I'm afraid to only have 6 volunteers on stage and that they all bend or lower their arms when I tell them to try it.

I would love to see Pat Collins induction. It's described in Ormonds Encyclopedia, but this doesn't show me the way she is using it. I didn't find any video of her doing the induction.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Why do you need a spotlight?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
When the sitting volunteers look at you standing, the bright lights will cause eye fatigue and it acts like a convincer because you tell them it will happen.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Boulderdash!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If you have these dvds then have ago at each induction word for ford until it works. Then pick the one that suits you best use that as a basis. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. An induction is just part of the process of doing a show. The presentation and what you do with the participants is the creative part. Get the mechanics under your belt so they become effortless. Creativity can come later.
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
Thank you mindpunisher!
From the DVDs I own, my preferred one to look at is the Terry Stokes, second one is Spidey, the one I don't like so much is Michael Johns.
I think Michael Johns induction could be the most effective one to use, because it lasts longer than Stokes one and has some convincers and compliance tests, but I don't like the delivery, he's just to aggressive.
Spideys one seems to be the easiest to practice for me.
Stokes one is just so beautiful but almost no convincer, I have the feeling that everything is in the embedded commands in this version, he has the perfect voice inflections.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Here is the dirty little secret. The induction is the EASY part. Anyone can induce "trance" on stage. It is easy. Don't stress too much. In reality it is a theatrical medium more than necessity.

Terry does a short one because he can, so do I. Because no matter how long you go, no matter how many convincers you use in genteel you end up with the same number of folks on stage.

You do not need a spotlight to do what terry does. If you have stage lights and they are looking up at you then they are looking up into the lights behind you. Their eyes fatigue. A spotlight might not work because it does not hit all of them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
Thank you Danny for the kind words. Yes, stage lights, sorry for my poor English, this is what I wanted to say.
I've also seen stage inductions without any convincer.
My understanding of this is because the convincers happened before, during the pretests.
A pretest like a handclasp is a very strong convincer.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I do zero convincers. Also just to really get your brain hurting, I NEVER do eyes closed routines.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
I like your approach.
I've never seen your shows, but I guess you know how to subtly use compliance to transform compliance into hypnosis.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I was hinting toward what Danny said. Spotlights are not necessary. I would also say neither are stage lights. I've done group inductions in a variety of environments, never with stage lights. Just making someone look upwards will fatigue the eyes if that's what you want to do.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Are we talking process or show?

It is VERY important to clarify the meanings here guys.

As for the process NONE of that crap is "necessary" it is just a hedge. It HELPS, but is not "needed". Now for a SHOW you should absolutely use stage lights. For the audience more than the participants.

These little things help a lot in many ways and we all use lots of them. But none is "necessary" for the process.

I just want to be certain we are not talking at cross purposes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
I was more talking about the process.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The process does not need any help. Once they are willing and follow directions it is really all you need.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
steph
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of steph
Thank you Danny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Help with "NON-instant" stage induction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL