The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin On Call Loonie/Toonie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
688 Posts

Profile of egoli
Jeff Prace lectured in Vancouver last Friday and did the Coin on Call with a Canadian Loonie/Toonie combo coin instead of the usual US penny/dime coin. I have ordered a Loonie-Toonie coin from Roy Kueppers and wondered if there are any other routines that the coin would be suitable for? Just to be clear - the coin has a Loonie on the one side and a Toonie on the other side.

Ed
NPortMagic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of NPortMagic
I would think any routine that uses a copper silver coin as long as you have matching loonie/toonie un gaffed
NPortMagic
egoli
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of egoli
Thanks - I'm a bit of a novice with coins and so I'll have to do a bit of research into copper silver routines. I know our Magic Circle library has volumes one and two of the New York Coin Seminars and I'll see if there is anything on there.

Ed
Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
Hi Ed,

That is so cool!
Jeff sent me a picture from the performance of Coin On Call from the lecture in Vancouver (the actual photo from the trick). Smile
Roy Kueppers is an excellent choice for your gaffs and is my "go-to guy".

I just posted in this forum about some Copper Silver transposition effects.
Check out my answer here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

There you can find some resources for the use of your C/S coin.

If you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help if I can.

All the best
Aljaž
egoli
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of egoli
Thanks Aljaž - I have received my Loonie/Toonie from Roy Kueppers and just yesterday watched Jeff's instructional video and read his November 2014 article on the trick in The Linking Ring. So I am all ready to take this for a test run this week. I have also purchased and watched Kainoa Harbottle's Inferential. Will have to watch that another couple of times and put in some practice for the routines there,

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin On Call Loonie/Toonie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL