The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Biobender by Eric Jones and Murphy's Magic (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
Just a quick post to let you know that our next release BioBender is going on preorder today.

Get ready to bend coins or any small items at your fingertips or in the spectator's hands, in short sleeves.
Have a look at the video and you'll see what a great gimmick BioBender is!

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56236

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
Just saw it up at MJM. Looks like the release date is on Halloween.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-23201.html
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Clever and nicely camouflaged gimmicks. Very reasonably priced. Eric is on a roll. Will be interested to know what coins can be bent with this device.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Clever and nicely camouflaged gimmicks. Very reasonably priced. Eric is on a roll. Will be interested to know what coins can be bent with this device.

We had our preview copy today and in the UK you are limited to 1p or 20p coins.

The quality is good and the bend really nice it makes a nice even curve.

The method of bend is similar to many others but it is easy to do, hidden well, produces nice bends and it's cheap Smile

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/b......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Am looking forward to CUSTOMER reviews on this.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Eric showed me this when we were in Atlanta after he did the bend first. Pretty cool idea! I don't do a lot of coin bending, doesn't fit my style, but if I did I would pick these us for sure
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Benmorrisrains
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Benmorrisrains
Quote:

It is always funny reading how much the dealers love every single thing that is put out on the Market. Not even shameless plus anymore just plugs. And KatieD is also affiliated with MJM since almost every post I can view of hers points someone in the direction of that website.

Anyways,

This DOES look nice. Fooled me on the first viewing. I always thought bends where the coin was more folded in half were more impressive, but it seems all the benders out there fold about a quarter of the coin. Do people get genuine reactions out of this? I feel like a spectator would always just wonder how you bent it without them seeing rather than being immersed in the fact that the coin is actually bent. A spoon bend visually bends and trips people out, this is like ok, it is bent, how did you do it without me seeing. I might be totally wrong though.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Eric IS on a roll. This looks FAAAANTASTIC! It is adaptable to your own thumb tip too if desired.

Survey says... SOLD!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, Benmorrisrains wrote:
Quote:

It is always funny reading how much the dealers love every single thing that is put out on the Market. Not even shameless plus anymore just plugs. And KatieD is also affiliated with MJM since almost every post I can view of hers points someone in the direction of that website.

Anyways,

This DOES look nice. Fooled me on the first viewing. I always thought bends where the coin was more folded in half were more impressive, but it seems all the benders out there fold about a quarter of the coin. Do people get genuine reactions out of this? I feel like a spectator would always just wonder how you bent it without them seeing rather than being immersed in the fact that the coin is actually bent. A spoon bend visually bends and trips people out, this is like ok, it is bent, how did you do it without me seeing. I might be totally wrong though.

Mark loves every single effect that ends up in his shop. Funny that isn't it.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Played with this today and it's good, but I wish it was up to bending UK 2p or 10p coins. Seems it's been designed for quarters.

I've not tested it with Euro's yet.
Great build quality.. just wish they had made the slots a little bigger. We will play around with our one to see if the slot can be adjusted. If it can, this is a winner.

If you want a live dem, drop by the shop or Skype one of the team at MoM

Dominic
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:

Mark loves every single effect that ends up in his shop. Funny that isn't it.

As a shop owner I do love every effect we bring into stock, we spend our money on the item before it is sold because we believe it is good and will sell.

There are many items we don't stock that are new out, it does not mean they are bad (they may be) but they have not caught my eye and made me commit to actually buying them.

A lot of shops order everything in to order; we actually have stock just sitting on the shelves so we have to believe in it to spend our money on it and stock it.

You should know by now I don't endorse or post on rubbish items, if that was the case I would be on every topic on here.

Its a shame I am still treated the same way as those that shamelessly plug any old rubbish on here to sell it, I am trying to be different and my customers seem to like that.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Looks good, especially for the price. I will most likely get this down the road but enjoy my QB 3.0 too much.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, KatieD wrote:
Just saw it up at MJM. Looks like the release date is on Halloween.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-23201.html

Sorry for the off topic post, but KatieD, what's your connection to MJM magic?
I only ask because 99% of your posts seem to have a link to them.
I don't have a problem with that but if there is a connection I just think it only fair that you be upfront about it.
Just seems to go beyond being a satisfied customer.
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Hi Mark,

All the words you have used to describe this product have been used to describe past products. How is this any better? Thanks!

Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:

We had our preview copy today and in the UK you are limited to 1p or 20p coins.

The quality is good and the bend really nice it makes a nice even curve.

The method of bend is similar to many others but it is easy to do, hidden well, produces nice bends and it's cheap Smile

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/b......ick.html
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Silliest thing I ever saw. But hey, If it bends do it.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Will this also bend United state Coins ? Quarters fifty cent ?
Thanks ,
Jeffry
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I should have watched the video first Yes you can bend U.S. Coins Awesome gimmicks & you clean up at the end nice use of the marker !
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:

As a shop owner I do love every effect we bring into stock, we spend our money on the item before it is sold because we believe it is good and will sell.

There are many items we don't stock that are new out, it does not mean they are bad (they may be) but they have not caught my eye and made me commit to actually buying them.

A lot of shops order everything in to order; we actually have stock just sitting on the shelves so we have to believe in it to spend our money on it and stock it.

You should know by now I don't endorse or post on rubbish items, if that was the case I would be on every topic on here.

Its a shame I am still treated the same way as those that shamelessly plug any old rubbish on here to sell it, I am trying to be different and my customers seem to like that.

Well I am one person on the Café that tells it like it is , even though some people don't like it but I have used Saturn Magic and always found to be one of the honest dealers about , also if you read the whole thread mark was the first to point out the Limited use it is in the UK

Let's face it if you ask some one for a coin most will have 10p or £1 most even £2 , certainly not 20p or 1p
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I would like to know how it can handle different euro coins.
Thank you in advance and feel free to pm me.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Most of the Euro coins will be too thick I'm afraid.

£2 coins don't go well with coin bending due to the bi-metal content.If you want to bend £1 coins or multiple coins at once, Jimmy Stranges Hercules Coin Bender is your best bet.

The Bio Bender works great for US quarters and smaller UK/International coins and the design is both practical and clever.

I think Eric has done a great job here. It's due to ship worldwide on 31st October.

Bio-bender is available at MoM here https://www.magicshop.co.uk/bio-bender-by-eric-jones

I'll be gigging over the weekend and trying out the bio-bender live. I'll try it with a range of coins. I think the UK 20p will be my favourite .

Dominic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Biobender by Eric Jones and Murphy's Magic (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL