The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ken Dyne's Passed Out Deck |Finally Released!! (149 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
I'm pretty sure we can condense down this thread to one page if we were to remove all the nonsense. 😔

Anyways.

I had a chance to perform this last night and it was great, just as I suspected. After performing this I switched It out so he could take it home and try it for himself. 😜
JJJustice
View Profile
New user
Enterprise, AL
43 Posts

Profile of JJJustice
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, Ken Dyne wrote:
Martin - the difference here is that I purchased the lecture. Your trolling on the Passed out deck is done without owning the thing.

Not only that your seem keen to drag my name down. I honestly believe it's people who post like you here whon damage the Café for what it could be, and it's no wonder that you don't see the quantity of pros on here that we used to.

Having an opinion on something you own is one thing, but manipulating opinion and bashing something you don't own is in my opinion stupid.

Asking questions and figuring out whether something is right for you before investing is one thing - but the way you most is so rude that it's unnesecerry

The feedback I am receiving from actual owners of POD is really amazing.

In terms of the price 'expensive' is relative. Firstly you don't know what is included and therefore cannot appreciate the craftsmanship or the level of customisation (which is expensive to have produced).

Secondly I don't feel that £70 for a professional piece from someone's working act is much at all when compared to what many others release their products for. There are DVDS at higher prices out there which don't include any custom prop at all.

Finally, £70 compared to a fee for performing is hopefully nothing.

So to my eyes (and from almost 40 inbox messages from people I don't even know) you absolutely are trolling this thread and spoiling this place by getting in the way of what could otherwise be genuine, interesting magic discussion that could help us all push our art forward.

MOST WELL SAID, KEN. In my opinion, this effect ROCKS! and the craftsmanship of the deck, the professional quality of the instructional videos, and the Pro-Tips that come directly from your working repertoire makes it a STEAL at the price. I've only had mine for a week, but have used it twice, with strangers, in public. It most definitely works as advertised. One more point of a more personal nature: I've admired and followed your work for several years now. You are an incredible "thinker", and funny, gracious, while maintaining what I feel is the most professional persona in the business. Keep doing what you're doing. Along with this, brainwashed, Mr. Golden Balls, Bairn, E-1, and several others, I look very forward to your next offering and to (hopefully) having the pleasure of meeting you someday. P.S. I miss the Confessions of Real Mindreaders. Any chance they'll come back?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
This is the first in a three part release I heard.

1) POD -passed out deck

2) POHG -passed out hair gel

3) POHD -passed out hair dye

Come on folks, that was comedy gold...cough..

I can feel the virtual booing as I type this lol

252NoGeorgeCarlin
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
nico360
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of nico360
Hi guys,

Just got mine today, I can't wait to perform this!
Yes, you have to pass it on and you can't throw it (well... I think you could... in a way...and perform it like a "regular" ToD),
but the fact that you can easily name the 3 cards directly takes away that "negative" imho.
And to compare with Javelin, you don't have to divide the deck in 3 packets to know who took which card, the cards are face down just like a regular ToD, and the cards are bicycles! But then again, you can throw Javelin. So I really think this deck has his place between all the versions of this trick, with his cons and pros.
I'll post a review after using for the first time.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I've used PSI-deck for years. I just ordered kens deck after handeling past out deck this weekend.
It IS very much different then Psi-deck! I've used psi-deck a thousand times!
Kens new past out deck will replace Psi-deck in my set!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
A thousand times? You are too young to... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, JanForster wrote:

:)

-Theodore Annemann
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, JanForster wrote:

Haha 😂 ok 500 times!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
One BILLION times!! Lol

252DrEvil

-Theodore Annemann
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, 252life wrote:
One BILLION times!! Lol

252DrEvil

Lol 🙈😉
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
Just getting started with
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
Okay, I have had this deck in my possession for a little over a month and have been able to perform it for approximately 20-25 groups of 3-8 people.

Pros:

The effect goes over really well, everyone that I've performed for or shown this to, with the exception of a few hard-core skeptics that really really want to know how it’s done, have shown nothing but amazement. And I have not had anybody question the need for the rubber bands. In the instructions Ken indicates that he has never used the fourth reveal. I have used it several times and find that it works really well, for me I think it might even solidify the trick even more. If you don’t want to use the fourth reveal, once you’ve shown the cards you can do a brief overhand shuffle, showing that the cards are really mixed.

As far as the method, there are bits and pieces from multiple methods. The overall method doesn’t shock me and works pretty much as I expected. But, I still find it very clever that all of the bits and pieces were put together in one really well-crafted package that in the spectators limited handling appears to be a normal deck of manufactured Bicycle playing cards.

As far as the quality of the prop goes, it genuinely feels like everything is printed on Bicycle stock. Everything is printed in such a way that the alterations would be readily visible to the spectator are virtually imperceptible. If a reasonable amount of care is taken with the deck, I don’t mean you necessarily have to baby it, but a reasonable amount of care, there is no reason it shouldn’t last a very long time.

Cons:

These are personal cons, I don’t know that they would affect anybody but me in particular.

The card box that came with mine does not appear to be an original Bicycle card box. It appears to be printed. This is a minor issue and obviously you can replace the card box but it bugged me a little bit.

For me, most of my cards are very worn in. I do not know how I will make this appear worn in similar to my other cards. If I do this effect, it is either the only effect that I do with cards for a particular group or, more recently, I now carry a basically new deck of cards to match this deck. I don’t really care for cards that aren’t well broken in.

The 2 biggest issues for me.

It is a standalone effect and I have yet to find additional uses for it. For me pocket space is at a premium. I have to decide what I want to do in a given evening and where it’s going to sit. While I love trick decks and collect them, I end up rarely using them after a little while simply because I get more mileage out of a good, inexpensive marked deck.

It is not inexpensive for something that on the surface appears to be a deck of playing cards. When I do performances I am not always in an area or venue in which I want to hand out an $80 deck of cards. I had a little bit of a wake-up call about two weeks ago wherein I did not have the deck on me, luckily, and had a pitcher of beer accidentally spilled on me ruining pads of paper and a $10 deck of marked cards. I was out less than $15. While it has been a while since this is happened to me, it is a hazard in the types of places I typically do any sort of performance. Since that happened my use of the deck has been limited significantly.

Final thoughts:

While I have used this quite a bit since I have received it, have gotten great reactions and I absolutely adore the mechanics, I am not sure how long it will stay in my repertoire or if I am going to keep it. While I do collect trick decks, this is by far the most expensive one I’ve ever purchased. It is super simple to perform and for someone that is going to be using it consistently as part of their show I think it is a great addition.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
That was fantastic Rev, hanks much!

-Theodore Annemann
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
So many great and truly indepth reviews have already been written so I'll keep this short and to the point.
Received my deck this weekend. Beautifuly created! I am very happy and I see now why kyne dynes past out deck has sold out twice within 24 hours on his website.
If you are thinking buying the deck I would head over now to his website and purchase it. Pre order for the next batch to be sold. They will sale out again!

10/10 past out deck!
10/10 online training for routine!
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
After reading these reviews I just hit buy now!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Received mine today also. Haven't had a chance to really check it out but so far it looks like a winner.
I'm anxious to watch the vids.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Received mine today and delighted with the purchase.

I plan on expanding on the routine by revealing the cards as one card readings interspersed with George Anderson’s Dynamite Mentalism
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
Received mine yesterday so late joining this conversation. I like it. I don't perform a lot but when I do, I have a Tossed out Deck routine I use. I really like the ability of Passed out Deck to know exactly what cards have been selected so plan to use this when I am with smaller audiences. I expect over time I will get to like the idea of knowing specific cards so will likely adopt for larger audiences also. Very happy with the purchase.
Presarian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Presarian
There are a few in stock now. Go grab em QUICK if you want one and havent been able to get one
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Hi Ken, I've sent you an email and pm regarding my order for the Passed out Deck. I would be grateful if you could answer either (or both). In advance....many thanks.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2017, magic259 wrote:
Hi Ken, I've sent you an email and pm regarding my order for the Passed out Deck. I would be grateful if you could answer either (or both). In advance....many thanks.

Got your messages and have replied my friend. Cheers!
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ken Dyne's Passed Out Deck |Finally Released!! (149 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL