We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Now Unveiled from Dark Artifice: ORACULUM by Bobby Hasbun (210 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hey, what would make a good book marker? Since we are using tarot cards (if you wanted) how about a cool old looking pointer? That would add to the overall look and feel. Any ideas?

Ray
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes I am also very curious & highly interested in these DA tarots too, especially if these are designed with his Oraculum in mind !

Looking forward to more info & pics of these soon 😊
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Absolutely brilliant. I will get a lot of use out of this.

Thank you Bobby for producing a truly beautiful work of art.
Aurum
View Profile
New user
Wiltshire, UK
75 Posts

Profile of Aurum
How is everyone getting on with the riddle?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5545 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
Finally got mine! I'll post more thoughts in the future, I'm sure, but I wanted to touch upon the aesthetics. As a Creative Director by trade, it's of the utmost importance to me. In that regard, I have to give kudos on a few aspects right off the bat:

- The typeface is excellently chosen. I cringe every time I see a typeface in a bizarre prop that was made long after the prop is supposed to be. The use of Baskerville immediately jumped out at me. As a mid-1700s typeface, it opens up hundreds of years this could be from. Well done, there. A rarely-used typeface these days, but it was immensely popular in the late 1700s.

- The smyth-sewn binding is very well done. While I don't think a spectator would necessarily notice, for an obsessive like me... that's fantastic. No expense was spared in the binding of this, that much is obvious.

- The real, hand-marbled end papers and real (not bonded) leather cover of the LE have already been mentioned. But, they're so nice that it warrants repeating. The whole book is just... sexy.

Now, to actually dig in and be further impressed with the actual content/effect....

I'm a Creative Director as well and second everything said here. The line art is also well done as it does not show any evident pixels which can be seen in even some of the best bizarre book tests. I purchased the cloth bound and love the blind emboss on the cover. Another nice touch. So nicely-done through and through. Even the faux wax seal in the packaging is cool. The devil is in the details.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
Now you guys make me wanting to get the LE, my package will only be in middle point tomorrow, FedEx announced that there will be some delay due to storm
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Sir
The LE is absolutely worthy of display in a collector's case. But you can bet I'll be putting mine to work. Books like this are just begging to be opened and read. The leather cover is outstanding. It smells like the interior of a BMW. One touch (or sniff) of this book sends a strong message about the quality.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, joemcdull wrote:
Now you guys make me wanting to get the LE, my package will only be in middle point tomorrow, FedEx announced that there will be some delay due to storm

I thought the LE's were sold out!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yep, all 22 LE's sold in the 1st day, so unless one is found on the second hand market - & most likely at a premium price.....
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
No, there is one more when I solve the riddle
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
If the riddle is solved that one is a special 1 of 1, neither an LE or an SE.....
Which I can't imagine how awesome that one must be !
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Mine is at the post office waiting to be picked up. But I am stuck at home in the middle of a blizzard. Arrrrrrggghhhh.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, jaizon wrote:
Mine is at the post office waiting to be picked up. But I am stuck at home in the middle of a blizzard. Arrrrrrggghhhh.

I'd risk it. Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Me too!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, jaizon wrote:

I'd risk it. Smile

Dude, as long as your man-bits don't freeze, you are GOOD to go!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Gentlemen, I appreciate your support, but 8" on the ground already with another 8" to come (maybe more), so it will just have to wait until tomorrow. As they say, it's not fit for man or beast.
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I love the Oraculum. I had to get out my Codex and compare them sid by side. Takes it to a new level. And I am also interested in possible DA tarot deck that can be used in conjunction with this effect. So many possibilities.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
SE in hand, here in the great NW.

Gorgeous work. I know you LE lot love your leather bound, but I'm here to tell you there is such a tremendous and genuine 'weight' to this tweed-bound book. It slots into my world perfectly. I couldn't be happier with the production. Real finesse and attention to detail here. Thank you, Bobby.

Now, about those Dark Artifice tarot cards...

Many thanks, sir!

Perkins
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
[quote]On Feb 10, 2017, Perkins wrote:

. . .there is such a tremendous and genuine 'weight' to this tweed-bound book. Now, about those Dark Artifice tarot cards...

Agreed, and yes, very curious about the DA Tarot!

jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quite beautiful. Wow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Now Unveiled from Dark Artifice: ORACULUM by Bobby Hasbun (210 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL