The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Torn & Restored Transpo 2016 - David Williamson (and Blake Vogt) (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
You might want to consider the "Walk Around Williamson" effect on the Thom Peterson Penguin Lecture.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2016, Kaliix wrote:
So I bought Williamson's Penguin lecture hoping to learn this as well as his rope routine. He gives short shrift to this particular routine in his lecture and goes on several tangents during the explanation that it is hard to piece together the routine. While he explained the rope routine well enough, I'm wishing I bought the Theory 11 download.

Did anyone buy the Theory 11 Torn and Restored Transpo download? Any comments on it from anyone who did?

He does meander a little during that, but if you piece it together you can get it easily enough. I already knew the trick, so enjoyed the stories and jokes.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Is there anything new added to the Theory 11 release that makes it worth picking up?

Robert
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi all,
I've seen David Lecture this live and also seen his Penguin Live lecture.

This is the most thorough explanation I've experienced on the effect. He goes over several different approaches.
What made the purchase worth-wile for me is the description he goes over on the presentation David Vogt does in the trailer.

Well worth it, but it should be an instant download.
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
I brought just to get some out there to David. I've only been doing it for 2-3 years. But I'm sure it's waaay older (I learned from the other david). But it's a killer!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Yeah, so I did by the Theory 11 DVD, which come with a deck of cards that there is only one way to look at.

I know this trick was initially released a while ago so I feel really late to the party but man what good reactions this trick gets! Seriously, as good a reaction to a card trick as I've EVER gotten from my 13 and 11 year old, and they've seen a lot. Same thing with the class I showed this to. Just loud, mind bent, can't do anything but walk away muttering something about witchcraft reactions.

I am fairly certain I will forever do this trick. I prefer Vogt's take on the routine with the sh@pesh!ft*r/dl sans t!p ch@nge. I guess you don't have to always have the card signed when doing a torn and restored, huh. Thank you David Williamson! (and Ken Brooke and Blake Vogt)
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
He does the twirl change, not the shapeshifter
Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
It is already taught by David Williamson himself in his DVD set Ridiculous...why still market it as one single trick....
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I stand corrected. They look similar but you are correct, it is a twirl change not a shapeshifter.

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
He does the twirl change, not the shapeshifter
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Asaka wrote:
It is already taught by David Williamson himself in his DVD set Ridiculous...why still market it as one single trick....

So they can sell one way decks.

It's been taught by David multiple times before
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
So weired to see any other than David himself perform this effect.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2016, Montana76 wrote:
Hi all,
I've seen David Lecture this live and also seen his Penguin Live lecture.

This is the most thorough explanation I've experienced on the effect. He goes over several different approaches.
What made the purchase worth-wile for me is the description he goes over on the presentation David Vogt does in the trailer.

Well worth it, but it should be an instant download.

Sorry. Blake Vogt, not David Vogt..
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Anyone using this in walk around? How do you introduce the gaff? I was thinking of adding a bunch in my uccu in a certain sequence so I know which comes next. Then add it as I need it. Any other suggestion?
Thanks
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Seriously?

You add them to the top of the pack when no-one is looking.
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Yes seriously! I asked for an alternative to the one I mentioned. Which is what I tried. I performed it a dozen times at my last gig adding the cards from my uccu.
Funny you mentioned adding it to the top when nobody was looking. Guess what, that's exactly what I did!

Quote:
On May 8, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
Seriously?

You add them to the top of the pack when no-one is looking.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Good to hear. You don't need to worry about which cards you load on. I store them paired in a stack in my pocket and just load on the top two. doesn't matter what they are, but you can peek if need be
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Well the reason I asked in the first place and I should have made it clearer, is pocket management.
All my pockets are full Smile And I hate going into a wallet to get a card and add it to the deck. Especially while strolling with groups so close to each other.
But I feel this is a great routine, that gets such great reactions that I had to find a way to keep it and be able to do "on the fly".
So I have about 20 cards in my uccu in si stebbins order so I can repeat it with different cards and I always know which is next.

Thought I'd share because it may be useful to someone.

Quote:
On May 9, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
Good to hear. You don't need to worry about which cards you load on. I store them paired in a stack in my pocket and just load on the top two. doesn't matter what they are, but you can peek if need be
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I always wear a jacket now and never have any problems with pocket space. The small pocket which most jackets tend to have near the bottom inside is perfect for a stack of these cards. I also have a couple under the cellophane of the card case and load them from there when I need them. But most of the time I just reach into my pocket and stick a couple on the top lol.
I hate seeing magicians with their pockets bulging with stuff.
Imirik
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Imirik
Is the variation with the freely selected card as shown in this T11 ad copy taught as well? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sAQxpIYp00
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
163 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Yes, I learned a lot about a good top change from David Williamson's 1st video, it was and is revolutionary, so causal and something every card magician should study. Talk about invisible and none of the huge swings of the arms, and in your face showing of the card.

Ditto.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Torn & Restored Transpo 2016 - David Williamson (and Blake Vogt) (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL