The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mikame Chinese sticks repair (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I purchased a set of Mikame sticks from Penguin a few years ago. I never really used them in performance and have had them in a case for a while. I recently got them out and notice one stick seems to have the gimmick disconnected from the string. The way these are made it appears there is no way to get into them to repair it. Penguin refuses to rePlace it since it has been a few years since I purchased them. Any ideas on how to repair?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You may not have to open it to repair it. See if you can push a large needle through from one side to the other, and then see if you can catch the eye of the gimmick on the needle. If you can, you can just re-thread the gimmick using the needle.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Thanks, I'm going to give this a try later. Spent too much $ to let these go to waste!
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Jim. Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it worked. They're good as new!
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
The same thing happened to me today! Thanks for sharing the tip Jim! Way to think smarter not harder!
aLittleMentalist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mikame Chinese sticks repair (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL