We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cup Identity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I have a set of cups that I was given, with other props, some 50 years ago. They are polished and have a grey interior. Since just about all of the other stuff seemed to come from Abbotts, I assumed that these dwere as well. They are classic design. I just read some posts about refinishing cups, (mine have some minor spots on then, not bad, not rough, but I was curious.). Someone mentioned to make sure not to fool with the interior of the cups if they are grey, because this is as good as a P&L hallmark. Was P&L the only ones who did this? Hoy could I identify them so I would know their origin? There is no hallmark on them.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2690 Posts

Profile of Tom G
A picture would help, but beyond that, Bill Palmer has an online museum of cups. If you email him, he'll send you a password and then you can try to compare to other cups.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Hi Tom ... I've on the museum site many times. The problem is that so many of the cups look alike to me, especially the classic cups. I'll have to post some photos.
I'd love to have them look like again, but I'm not going to mess with them.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2690 Posts

Profile of Tom G
A grey interior would just mean the insides weren't polished, shined, or plated. If Bill Palmer was around and you had a pic, he could probably tell you.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I looked up P&L cups & balls. I found several auction sites that had them. After checkingg the design and dimensions, I am now convinced that they are the cups I have.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cup Identity (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL