The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Journey by Matthew Johnson (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, dooblehorn wrote:
I'm a big ACAAN fan, cannot exactly explain why...wish it was someone else teaching this, I'd buy it in a second

Strange comment that. Please explain.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
[quote]On Nov 9, 2016, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, dooblehorn wrote:
I'm a big ACAAN fan, cannot exactly explain why...wish it was someone else teaching this, I'd buy it in a second

Strange comment that. Please explain. [/quote

Maybe he doesn't like Matt's teaching method?
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Maybe he doesn't like Hipsters.
matthewjohnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
239 Posts

Profile of matthewjohnson
I am super stoked for this to finally be released and the crew at Murphys Magic did an amazing job on this.

To clarify, I offer 5 versions on this DVD with gimmicks included. One of the versions is with a borrowed and shuffled deck anytime, anywhere. The spectator can shuffle. This is shown in the demo.

Other versions use the gimmicks provided which make this super easy. It's a worker for sure and instantly resets. My favourite version is single deck on the table, spectator deals. Also shown in the demo.

In response to an earlier post, I have to teach this as its my work Smile Sorry about that Smile

Many credits are also included on the DVD for all the work and magicians that have inspired my work here. This DVD represents many years of work for me.

I welcome questions if you have them and will do.my best to answer.

Cheers everyone and thanks again for all your support.

MJ
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2016, videoman wrote:
KatieD, I'd have more faith in your opinions if I could find a single post of yours that didn't include a mention of MJM Magic.
You're either their most loyal customer ever or connected in some way. But even a loyal customer wouldn't mention them in 80 out of 82 posts.

I see no issues about mentioning MJM, they're one of the best dealers out there and their customer services is second to none! As far as this effect goes, it's definitely going into my pre-order basket on MJM, GREAT work MJ! Smile
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2016, Colin (C.J.) wrote:

LOL, that made me laugh..no, I don't mind hipsters, not even hipster doofus as Cosmo Kramer said, nor does his teaching method bother me, just personal preference.
Once upon a time, Penguin utilized a really irritating fellow (I can confirm he was irritating to me and many others), and every time you turned around, there he was again, involved with some new release. Kind of like that, like I said just a personal preference...
Should have probably just kept my thoughts to myself. To each his own, I suppose.
Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:

LOL, that made me laugh..no, I don't mind hipsters, not even hipster doofus as Cosmo Kramer said, nor does his teaching method bother me, just personal preference.
Once upon a time, Penguin utilized a really irritating fellow (I can confirm he was irritating to me and many others), and every time you turned around, there he was again, involved with some new release. Kind of like that, like I said just a personal preference...
Should have probably just kept my thoughts to myself. To each his own, I suppose.
Smile

Like the guy from Sansminds?
Over enthusiastic Ozzie?
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:

Smile

Like the guy from Sansminds?
Over enthusiastic Ozzie?

Lol that guy does my head in
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Haha, different Guy, but you're right, he gives me a headache
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, wulfie66 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2016, videoman wrote:
KatieD, I'd have more faith in your opinions if I could find a single post of yours that didn't include a mention of MJM Magic.
You're either their most loyal customer ever or connected in some way. But even a loyal customer wouldn't mention them in 80 out of 82 posts.

I see no issues about mentioning MJM, they're one of the best dealers out there and their customer services is second to none! As far as this effect goes, it's definitely going into my pre-order basket on MJM, GREAT work MJ! Smile

I agree about MJM, they are a great dealer and I have purchased many things from them. I have no problem with them being mentioned here. But you missed my point.
My point is that most people will give less credence to a dealer hyping a product than to a genuine purchaser.
If KatieD has no connection to MJM then he/she should clearly state that, and if there is a connection then that should also be stated.
While KatieD seems to wish to come off as a regular member the fact that MJM is mentioned in virtually one of their posts it is hard to believe there is no connection. It seems more like an attempt to get a little free advertising.
For example, I doubt that even you, an admitted fan of MJM, have mentioned them in every one of your posts, have you?
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Excuse me mentioning this but how many times have we been told that 'this is the answer to ACAAN ' only to be really disappointed?
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, Philippe wrote:
Excuse me mentioning this but how many times have we been told that 'this is the answer to ACAAN ' only to be really disappointed?

I agree, and this one does look good, but I'm holding out for Spell-o-matic by BBM
http://www.bigblindmedia.com/spell-o-matic-deck/
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
And I'll probably buy this one as well, just waiting for some serious reviews
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, wulfie66 wrote:
I agree, and this one does look good, but I'm holding out for Spell-o-matic by BBM

Spell-o-matic isn't a true spell and the method looks too obvious to me.

Mike
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, wulfie66 wrote:

Spell-o-matic isn't a true spell and the method looks too obvious to me.

Mike

know of a better one that you can recommend that preferably uses a normal deck?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
The main effect at the end of the trailer has the card named, the magician then faffing about with the deck and then dealing (ahem) himself.

That's not exactly mind boggling is it.

But apparently he fooled magicians with it.

Whereas under those conditions you could simply p@@@ the chosen card and plonk it down on the last card dealt.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Yup
matthewjohnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
239 Posts

Profile of matthewjohnson
The spectator deals in the trailer.

MJ
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Sorry, meant the one at 1:30 on the trailer...not the weird card box one.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Matt seems to favour the face down dealing approach, doesn't he? Hopefully this release will be slightly lighter on the pockets than the last ACAAN he released.

Looking forward to it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Journey by Matthew Johnson (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL