The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Their Hands *A Challenge for everyone in the Café* (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Hey,

It's late and I'm tired, but one just popped into my mind.

"Chink-a-Chink" on Randy Wakeman's Chicago Bar Magic tape.

Basically a Matrix effect with bottle caps and no cards as covers, just your hands. At the end you are holding two bottle caps and hand them two to hold as well. All four end up in their hand.

It's genius.

TJ
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Appearing anvil.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Palmreading. It happens in their hand. No props. No preparation. You will get queues of people wanting a reading.

Black Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have a very old trick from the 50's that uses two brass washers and a shoelace. The washer of their choice comes off in their hand after they tie the ends together. I modified it a bit to be fully examinable. I build the whole thing up with a steam locomotive crash story. The reactions are priceless.

A lot of things have come and gone, but this one is always close at hand. So old no one else is doing it. That's nice too.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Ronald S.
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania
64 Posts

Profile of Ronald S.
Don't forget Reality Twister.

Not only does it happen in their hand, but to their hand.

Ronald
Ronald S.
juan
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
178 Posts

Profile of juan
Beswitched.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I do quarter squeeze in their hand. Makes it very strong.
Daniel Faith
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
If someone asks me to perform off the cuff, I almost always do "Accentuate the Positive" from the Mystery School book.
I've also learned that it doesn't matter if I am prepared, only that I don't "look" prepared. That in mind, I will do Osterlind's Change of Mind or Ammar's Shadow Coins with quarters (yes, I have the s**** in my pocket).

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Pea Can...lol
glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
I think the best in their hand effect that I know of is Twisted Palm by Luke Jermay. You get the lines on the palm of a spec's hand to twist and form shapes.

Another good effect that happens in their hand is PK Time, old Blaine performed this realy well without all the psudo mentalism presentation that is normaly accomanied with this effect.

Glenn
the road we travel is lined with beauty but as with all roads, mind the pot holes...
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Quote:
I almost always do "Accentuate the Positive" from the Mystery School book.

What's the effect of that one? Smile
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
clivealive
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of clivealive
There is an effect called silk to panties. A silk disappears and reappears in the hands of the magician and is then transformed into a pair of panties in the hands of one of the audience
magicdavid
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicdavid
Do the hypno-heat tricks count? They are ALMOST impromptu... all you need is a little piece of "the stuff" in your pocket and you can perform some mental miracles... Smile
Show me a magician who never failed and I'll show you a magician who never performed.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thumb Fun with Ellis ring
C/S with Morgan Dollar and Penny
Ashes
There is a great bit in the Malini book that Ken Brooke uses with a coin in their hand and a handkerchief wrapped around yours, truly a sleeper.

Twisting arm
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Well, there's the entire contents of the Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic by Martin Gardner for openers. John Fisher's book Body Magic (which uses only the performer's or the volunteer's or a group of volunteer's bodies)...

Rubber band through my thumb with the volunteer holding my thumb (so the band doesn't slip off) and holding the band as it makes the penetration. Joe Rindflisch came up with this one, the spectator holding everything is my spin on it.

Flight of the Paper Balls almost fits, Slydini's 1 coin routine certainly does, Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit from the Jim Ryan isue of Magic Menu happens with THEIR hands and the list goes on..

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Crazy Man Handcuffs

-Blake-
Blake S.
#1magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of #1magician
Make a coin disappear from their open hand with m5.
i dont call 911, i simpily perform the bullet catch and than point the bullet at them and ask if they care to try.
fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
This the second time I'm mentioning this in the same sub-forum. Jay Sankey's 3 Ring Circus is great. You can end the effect with the spectator holding one of the rings. I've done this using a borrowed key ring, with the keys still on it.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Coins Across using the spectator's hands as a table. The last coin moves from your hand into theirs to join the other "three".

There is a match book routine where the spectator counts the matches in a match book, you remove one, close the match book, light the match it then vanishes and appears still attached in the match book.
stephen secret
View Profile
New user
mpls.
67 Posts

Profile of stephen secret
Paul Harris PDQ2 works well.
sincerely, secret
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Their Hands *A Challenge for everyone in the Café* (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL