The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coin in Vu-Lighter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
189 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Does anyone know anything about Coin in Vu-Lighter? Looks pretty nice, and I always carry a lighter so may be a good fit... Does anyone have this? Used it? Would love a bit more info.

The only thing I can find on it is a locked thread :
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=299
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
Google RFA Productions Tony Miller. I believe he is selling these. If it's what I'm thinking I have one of Tony's and I am extremely happy with it.

RNK
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
189 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Yah that's where I saw it :

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/VULighters.html

I have sent him an email and waiting to hear back. Can it be any small item or does it have to be a dime?

***Sorry, should have put links in first post
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22561 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I own one of the original Coin in Vu-lighter's, it was originated by Chesbro. I did it a lot, liked it, but the only draw back is that people expect the coin to have lighter fluid on it or at least smell like lighter fluid.

The lighters are no longer made and only antiques are available where you can find them. My gimmick has darkened with age, so that may be a concern with some.

The coin in Tic Tac box has been out and one with a bic type lighter (not a bic). Magic Methods sells or sold them.

I created a better handling, in my opinion, and there was a manuscript on the market by Tom Gagnon as well, so he must have liked the effect.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I have one of the originals as well. It's a good effect.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Know the method, but think using a lighter that looks antique really elevates it.
My mind has came up with a great way of presenting it & if any british magic dealers get this in I will get one.

Mike Donoghue
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
Tony buys the VU Lighters and restores them. He takes them all apart, cleans them and basically hand assembles them to working order. Tony puts a lot of time into each lighter in restoring it. The one I got works great and looks great. I believe the price for the finished product depends on the lighters clarity and condition of the lighter (i.e. number of scratches etc.). Tony custom makes the gimmicks for each lighter.

Bill, I do believe the material Tony uses for the gimmick will not alter or turn dark over time and will last forever.

Britshmagic, the lighter is meant for coins and the biggest coin you can use is a quarter.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
Also, Bill- Tony has a great suggestion to cover the notion that the coin should smell when handing it back. All you do is carry a little piece of a hanky in your pocket with a small amount of lighter fluid on it. And after the coin comes out of the lighter and before you give it back to the spectator you simply get out your hanky (with a little fluid on it) and tell them you want to dry off the coin. So now when you hand it back it has a lighter fluid smell! I have used Tony's idea many times and it has always worked great and has never been questioned. And you only need a very small amount on the hanky which will not cause your pocket to wreak like lighter fluid.

RNK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22561 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
RNK, that is an excellent idea.

I did email Tony some months back to see if he would sell me a new gimmick, he declined. He said they are the originals from Chesbro, limited supply. So as far as I know if they are the originals, they will show signs of age over time.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
RNK, that is an excellent idea.

I did email Tony some months back to see if he would sell me a new gimmick, he declined. He said they are the originals from Chesbro, limited supply. So as far as I know if they are the originals, they will show signs of age over time.
November they are not originals from the Chevrolet line. They function identically to the originals. But I make my own.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
189 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Thanks for the info. Think I may have to pick one of them up!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2010 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
You can bet anything from Tony is first-class and great customer support, as well.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, dooblehorn wrote:
You can bet anything from Tony is first-class and great customer support, as well.

Exactly! Now dooblehorn, what kind of royalties are you getting from Tony for making that statement? HUH? Just kidding, I am just waiting for Pegma I mean Pegasus to come on here and accuse me of getting free stuff and royalties because I actually like something and talk well of it!

Here's to you Pegasus: Ruff Ruff!!

RNK
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, BritishMagic wrote:
Thanks for the info. Think I may have to pick one of them up!

Well ya better get on it. I am down to half of my original stock. And as each of these is a ton of hand labor... There is NOT going to be a second run...

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
189 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
The site says "To Order one of these beauties, please e-mail the SKU of the one you want to scarneaces at gmail dot com"

I sent an email yesterday, waiting on a response.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
The site says "To Order one of these beauties, please e-mail the SKU of the one you want to scarneaces at gmail dot com"

Well I sent you a pm as I never got the email.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:

Well, I have emailed you back and no response. But I sold 2 over the weekend.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coin in Vu-Lighter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL