We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins as Art (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4378 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Beautiful coin!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you! Smile

Here are some more- though they're medals- I've got my eyes on:

1891 Bronze 36mm French Agriculture medallion

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/65546851......lery-1-2

Netherlands 1926 Bronze 41mm Birds breeds medal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NETHERLANDS-192......40.m2060

Cockrel rooster French Awards Medal Bronze 50mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cockrel-roost......13.m1986

Art Nouveau Aviculture Bronze medal 36mm A. Desaide

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/art-nouveau-a......658de900

I mentioned an E. Dropsy earlier in the thread... here's one from that artist:

1910s French Agriculture medal Bronze 50mm

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/1910s-FRENCH......:25:pf:0
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I haven't been able to get any images to post. How do people do it?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2203 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2019, critter wrote:
I haven't been able to get any images to post. How do people do it?

This site has strict limitations on both image dimensions and file size.
Your best bet is to upload them to an image site like IMGUR, then use "bbcode" to embed a link reference to your image(s).
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Here's a couple coins, that are not only lovely, but practical as I actually use them in my performances.

Yes, they are BIG (2" or 5cm...put beside a US dollar so you can compare), and it does take some work to learn to handle these.....but the visual benefit for a working performer makes it IMHO worthwhile.

Also while they are expensive (silver), they do retain a lot of their value, so unlike many magic props, can always be sold for at least their value in silver.

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
[quote]On Jan 9, 2019, magicalaurie wrote:
Thank you! Smile

Here are some more- though they're medals- I've got my eyes on:

1891 Bronze 36mm French Agriculture medallion

I mentioned an E. Dropsy earlier in the thread... here's one from that artist:

1910s French Agriculture medal Bronze 50mm

I own the bottom one of these now and am still considering the top one- it's on my watch list at the moment for a pretty good price. I was on ebay last night and bought a few things for my barnyard routine or full length show, even. Smile I did a little work a few years ago on the portable hole... with sheep! There's just so much you can do and with such beautiful props, the more the merrier! Working on it, along with my wildlife act.

Saved some stuff onto my watch list last night and just finished going through it and buying a few more. Would you like to see what I picked up?
Thomas Frank
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Virginia
10 Posts

Profile of Thomas Frank
Invisticone mentioned the Niue Turtle and I have to agree that is absolutely gorgeous. I love it colored and its probably one of my favorite designs period.

I also really like the gold and silver eagle coins. I am trying hard to see how I can use the silver eagle in my magic because I love how it looks.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you for posting, Thomas. I find it a lot of fun to consider presentations for my coin collection, and those I'm thinking about adding to it. Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3331 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've got some lovely unique coins to show off. Annoyingly, BBcode won't allow me to link an image from my google photos...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4378 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I love that coins tell a story. Not just because or their metal or age, but because of their design. I created a fun coins across routine with commemorative half dollars using bears. Other bear coins also available. But coins with deer can be used to tell a story about deer crossing. Ships sail. Birds fly. Kangaroos hop. Chickens cross the road. So much can be done, and the beauty of the coins only serve to create a greater interest in your routine, as it is no longer just about the coins, but the story they tell..
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1397 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2022, gaddy wrote:
I've got some lovely unique coins to show off. Annoyingly, BBcode won't allow me to link an image from my google photos...

It might not let you embed the image, but you can still just put in the address, and then folks can follow the link on their own...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins as Art (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL