The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Hire Rush representing me? I never heard of them. (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7391 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If you copied information or photos from Yelp, Gigsalad, Gigmasters, PartyPop, etc., those are all websites with a copyright notice. So, you shouldn't be taking content from those websites, to put onto the HireRush website.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm objecting.

I don't see a clear place on your website to do so but take me off your website.

I think it is the height of gall to list me on your site without my permission.

-Mary Mowder
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7391 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Mary -

Just in case your post here doesn't get a response from them, here's a link to their contact page:

https://www.hirerush.com/contact-us

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9757 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I can't believe Mary is the first person to feel this way. Wouldn't have taken much to call or e-mail her and ask for permission in the first place. It could have been a more positive beginning to a professional relationship rather than this being seen in a completely different light.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'd like to try objecting from here rather than give them more information about me through their contact page.

Thank you to all who have helped here.

HireRush, I hope you will take note and contact ALL of the people you are using on your sites everywhere.

-Mary Mowder
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20017 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2016, Mary Mowder wrote:
I'm objecting.

I don't see a clear place on your website to do so but take me off your website.

I think it is the height of gall to list me on your site without my permission.

-Mary Mowder

I thought so.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1093 Posts

Profile of imgic
Stumbled across this discussion and was interested to see if others complained elsewhere about this Jenny company

Goggled "hirerush.com complaint". No better business bureau complaints or anything like that listed yet...but did see this:

https://www.hirerush.com/service/fraud-a......r_i15495

They're promoting workers with fraud alerts? Obviously hirerush.com has some bot collecting people for hire in all areas and just auto uploading the data...then they expect to take a cut if a booking goes through them? What a underhanded way to try to make money...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My listing on HireRush is still there but now generating a warning that my website may contain questionable material, enter at your own risk type stuff.

So we see that HireRush is not only rude but vindictive. It is clear they know I don't want to be listed but they did not remove the listing, they tried to smear my name.

Mary Mowder
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
A Lady from HireRush called me this morning and confirmed that I wanted my listing deleted from HireRush.

The listing is gone now and I'm hoping that in a few days the listing in Google etc... directing people to the "This is Awkward, page missing " screen will disappear as well.

Thank you to all.

-Mary Mowder
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Just an FYI on this company.

I attempted to locate a entertainers in my zip code. It was not possible to find them without entering my cell phone number to "get an authorization code."

Given this, I think you can guess what the main function of this website is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Hire Rush representing me? I never heard of them. (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL