The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Instone by Chris Huang (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Just saw this. An interesting version of card to impossible location.

https://youtu.be/q-v6phUs7k0
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Bet the reset is a bugger... Smile
I've asked to be banned
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2305 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm curious what I'm buying is this a one trick item or material to make multiple stones? Does this require refills?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1037 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2016, MagicBrent wrote:
I'm curious what I'm buying is this a one trick item or material to make multiple stones? Does this require refills?

My questions as well. In any event, this is...how can I say it...a weird one. I mean, cracking a rock open??!!
Smile
thestoic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of thestoic
From what I've read about it, there are 13 gimmicks provided.

I ordered it today, will review after its arrived.
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
I mean its just angle Z, but with the stones.

Getting the signature on the card will be tricky.
thestoic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of thestoic
In a way, it does remind me of Angle Z, however your torn corner / billet or whatever you choose to use (can even be a larger object as long as it fits in the gimmick you build).

Getting the signature wouldn't be tricky at all as long as you play it naturally.
thestoic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of thestoic
Product Review: INSTONE – CHRIS HUANG
==============================================================

Ad Description:

Instone, created by Chris Huang, is the debut of stone tricks in the world. It is creative, intelligent, yet mysterious. Shock is guaranteed after you've probed into its deepest essence. It was the Instone that revealed a new stage for every amateur and professional magician.

It is a powerful gimmick in which you can put anything, ranging from rings and coins to solid cash, enabling you to deceive audiences who do not know the secret of the Instone.

Picture yourself rambling through the woods with your girlfriend. You may absentmindedly pick up a stone (the Instone), and after breaking it, show her a sparkling ring was inside.

You can create many routines with this idea. You can't even imagine how smart the idea is.

Your spectator can check everything during the whole performance and the trick is easy to do. Please don't be afraid you can't control it. No misdirection, no palm, no hiding anything in your hand. You can have the freedom of your hand so all you need to do is just focus on your performance.

It is easy to carry and all the details are included in the tutorial.

"How incredible it is! I love the idea!"
- Ziv

"I must put this trick in my magic documentary."
- Kevin Lin

"The effect is very interesting."
- Kevin Chow

What you will get:

- Instone gimmick
- Five plastic bags
- A tutorial link card

Key points:

- Examination
- Anywhere
- No misdirection
- Freedom of your hand
- No skill required

You will love it!

What you get:

A tin box that can fit in your palm with the “stuff” to make the gimmicks in addition to five plastic baggies and a business card with a url to the instructions hosted on Murphy’s.

The Stoic’s Opinion:

The video hosted on Murphy’s is around 15 minutes long.
It includes:
- A live performance (as seen in trailer)
- Inspiration for the effect
- Explanation of constructing your gimmick*
- Basic routine
- Reusing the gimmick^

Notes:

*There will be some DIY required to actually construct your gimmick before every performance. It will get a little messy but for those of you who are not too artsy, fear not – even a child would be able to build a convincing gimmick!

In addition to this, you need access to a little bit of soil / sand to make the gimmick convincing. The over all construction will probably take 30 minutes.

However, I would warn those of you who are thinking of buying this for the “ring in impossible location” in the description, not to do so. I originally wanted to do something similar however after watching the video, I wouldn’t really want to put anything valuable or delicate in the gimmick as your object is REALLY placed inside the stone and the only way you could retrieve it is by breaking the stone.

^In regards to reusing the gimmick as Chris had suggested – this may not appeal to many of you as it certainly did not appeal to me – in a way you could “rebuild the gimmick” with the already broken stone but it will be quite hassling.

- For the nit-picking critics out there, the video and sound was clear.
- The spoken language in the video is mainly Mandarin. However there will be subtitles in those sections of the video.
- The English spoken and used in the video is a little broken; however it is understandable (I personally don’t think this is a flaw as the whole effect is quite straight forward).
- Video was probably shot in Chris’ house with a tripod.

Pros:
- Newish concept (as far as I know).
- Seemingly impromptu (you have to plant your stone).
- Achieves the impossibility and leaves your spectator wondering how their torn corner ends up in a stone. (The effect sets out to do what it was meant to do).
- At the end of the video, Chris includes his email for any questions regarding the effect.

Cons:
- Gimmick construction is slightly messy. (I suggest you make all your gimmicks in one sitting).

Overall:
I do see myself performing this at an outdoor setting. The gimmick construction that I’ve been complaining about won’t really stop me from using this effect. I think it could really play well with an audience of all ages and for the pros out there, you could even use this in outdoor weddings. Worth checking out!

- The Stoic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Instone by Chris Huang (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL