The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Luke Dancy DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
leanabet
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of leanabet
Who is Luke Dancy? And more information about the "Warped" routine?

Thank you.

Simon
Belgium
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
926 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I met Luke at TSD last year and again this year, and he demonstrated some of the most visual, commercial magic I've seen for a long time. Had a load of spectators enthralled in an impromptu performance at one point, during which he did his 'MisPrint', a wonderful 'Red Hot Mama' variant and a routine called 'Stuck on Daley' which just killed. The last routine I recall him showing around at TSD in Chicago, and many very well versed card-men were declaring it the very best version of the classic plot.

He has a DVD out now---'Magic For The Eyes'---which pretty much describes the style of magic he creates: extremely visual eye candy.

The effect 'Warped'- a card is placed face up between two jokers and it visibly turns inside out, like Card Warp without the folds! It's cool.

I reckon you're gonna hear lots more about Luke very soon.

Just dug this info from Murphy's about Luke's new DVD:

"Luke Dancy has assembled a collection of some of the most visually arresting card effects ever seen, using the simplest of secret gimmicks: double-stick tape.

"Included in this collection are ten of Luke's pet card routines that utilize this gimmick (and sometimes a few other things) to produce astounding results. In addition, Luke has included the killer routine 'Warped', which is guaranteed to make jaws drop. This is stunning card magic."

This is bang on the money; sounds like hype (yeah, well, OK it is!), but it's also the truth!

Anyway, I have no invested interest here---just happen to have met the guy, seen what he's got and walked away very impressed.

I think he's selling DVDs himself, His email address is

dancymagic@yahoo.com

Drop him a line; I'm sure he'll be more than happy to chat some more.

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I too met Luke at TSD last year and he has some great ideas. I'm not sure which DVD you're talking about, because I've heard that he's coming out with a pass DVD with Andi Glandwin. If this is not that DVD, then I'd like to know more. Luke is a member here, so I'm sure he'll respond soon.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
937 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Hi guys, thanks for your interest in the DVD.

Dave, the pass DVD is something I'm not sure is ever going to come out or not. The DVD that's out now teaches several of my card routines that utilize double-sided tape. David Regal was kind enough to take me on as a project so that should give you an idea of the quality of material. If anyone else has any questions don't hesitate in dropping me a private message here or via e-mail. Take care.

dancymagic@yahoo.com
RMoreland
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
174 Posts

Profile of RMoreland
What can I say about Luke Dancy? His magic will make your eyes water at it's visual nature. It is arresting, instantaneous, intellectual and well thought out.

He has publications all over the place from Channel One Magazine, to Simi-Automatic Card Tricks Vol-5 (soon to be released). His DVD is a project he has been involved in for sometime. It covers all his work utilizing the above mentioned gaff. Anyone who performs NFW or any effect that utilizes this principle can vouch for it's potency. Believe it was Vernon who once said that "magicians stop thinking too soon".

Well, that cannot be said of Luke and the concepts he tips on this DVD. He has taken the idea of double-sided tape to the vertical limit and beyond. Even if you don't do one effect on this DVD (which I'm sure won't be an issue) your mind will be opened to the possibilities.

His work on the card warp plot is inspiring. Now we can all do the trick with a deck we just opened because nothing has to be folded anymore.

Daley's last Trick (possibly Luke’s favorite plot in all of card magic) now takes on a whole new meaning with Stuck on Daley.

Well, I will end my rambling here and hope that I have inspired you to check out Luke's Ideas. Unlike Mr. Badman and myself most of you have not had the opportunity to be in the same room with Luke when he unleashes his material on the innocent (laymen). But at least now you have a way too see the magic and then try it for yourself. I hope his material inspires you as it has me.

And Luke you are truly a Jedi.

Robert Moreland
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
I have known Luke for about two years now. He has occasionally shared some of his effects with me. Every single time he sends me a video clip of the effect being performed my hair gets blown back, and that's hard to do because I shave my head.

One of my favorite effects is Warped. It's just a slammer.

He's a nice guy, too. And he's one heck of a thinker, too.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have David Regal's Premise, Power, etc., DVD's, and he got me hooked on double sided tape, so I ordered Luke's DVD today.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magickevinCA
View Profile
New user
Oceanside, CA
30 Posts

Profile of magickevinCA
David Regal is one of my favorite magicians, so if he put this out it must be good. Can we order this directly from Luke Dancy, and how much is it?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
937 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Hello again. Yes, you can purchase the DVD directly from me if you like. The price is $30, and I'll cover the shipping for you. Also, if you would like the DVD and my effect Misprint, I will make a special deal for you guys here at the Magic Café. Take care.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Listen, folks, I don't like Luke, and he doesn't like me. OK, that's a fabrication, but trust me, this is an honest review of his material, even though we're buddies.

Luke's an extremely clever guy, and he has managed to explore the use of double-stick tape more in depth than anyone I've seen before. His material consistently fools me. He'll squeeze more magic out of a small group of cards than you thought was possible. And when Luke does it, there's no funny moves, no suspicious actions, everything looks clean, clean, clean.

The best endorsement I can give is this: I work almost entirely FASDIU, and I NEVER work with gaffed cards. Generally speaking, I think that gaffs are much more trouble than they're worth. Luke's material makes me want to invest in a roll of double-stick tape and gaff up some cards. 'Nuff said.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Automark
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Automark
I have had the chance to see Luke perform for layman and magicians alike! He brings the funk like a nasty dunk! The double stick method was once considered stupid, shows what they knew! Stinky people! Keep it coming Luke! And don't forget I am your FATHER! EEE IIII OOOO YEEE YUUUM! AWESOME!

Automark! Secret Jedi
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
937 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I had no idea I could "bring the funk like a nasty dunk" but I'll take your word for it, haha. If you are my father, can I borrow twenty bucks? I'm flattered by all the nice comments about my magic and hope the folks that have purchased the DVD enjoy it as well.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Luke, is the color changing deck you have on the DVD?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
937 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Hi Dave, yes the color changing deck is on the DVD. It's a routine I've kept close for a while but felt like this was the perfect place to put it. Anyone that has the DVD and doesn't feel like putting the deck together let me know and I'll get one over to you. Take care.

dancymagic@yahoo.com
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Well, these posts pushed me over the edge. I'm going to make this purchase tomorrow. I haven't seen Luke do any of his work, but it seems to be getting a lot of praise. I've seen Kranzo do a couple with DS tape, so I can only imagine what someone can do if they focus on it.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1246 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Yep, I can't agree more. I have had the privilege of watching Luke fool laymen AND magicians (including me) many, many times. His stuff is awesome. Very entertaining, extremely visual, and very magical. I have his DVD, and it is chock full of great material. Thanks, Luke, for tipping your stuff. I FINALLY got to know how you fooled me. LOL

Best,

Trini Montes
Trini Montes
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Dancy revelation is worth the price of the tape. If you want to look like a card GOD with a very easy move, get this DVD.

David Regal once again blessed us by introducing Luke to us!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
937 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Hi Chris, I'm glad you're enjoying the DVD. I'm particularly pleased to see you're having fun with the 'Dancy Revelation' as it's one of my favorite four Ace productions and does look pretty sweet. You're right about thanking David, he's a hell of a guy. By the way, if you would like to see my updated version of the 'Dancy Revelation' called the 'The Big Easy' drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a clip. Take care man.

http://www.lukedancy.com
Rob
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Rob
Quote:
Unlike Mr. Badman and myself most of you have not had the opportunity to be in the same room with Luke

Didn't I see you sleeping in rather close quarters with Mr. Dancy, Robert? I am not just talking about the same room!

Luke's "Warped" is excellent---it is reminiscent of Paul Harris's early work. The Dancy Revelation is a snappy revelation of four of a kind that, by way of a bonus, is a false cut too.

Having seen some of the other effects live I can assure you that they both fooled me and inspired me to play around with ideas using the same principles.

Rob James
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Received the DVD this morning. all I can say is wow!, wow!, wow!, wow!

I have just witnessed some of the best visual card magic ever! And to say that the material is easy to do is an understatement.

Buy this DVD guys, you will not be disappointed, I am already working on a few routines on the DVD. Very highly recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Luke Dancy DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL