The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
John responded to my email this morning and we've exchanged a couple of emails since. I ordered the Eisenhower/Casino poker chip set. I like the more striking contrast of the vivid colors. I realize that three different colors reduces some of the possibilities for coin transpositions (such as just demonstrated in Darko's video) but John's routine with the poker set is very strong too.

I want to mention that my concerns about the website issues ultimately proved to be nothing to worry about. John has been very prompt in replying to email and his wife has already prepared my order for shipping. I received a tracking number less than an hour after placing the order.

My experience with JJ Magic Coins is my best experience with a magic retailer since getting drawn back into magic a month ago. I've recently placed multiple orders with 4 different retailers and JJ Magic Coins gets my highest recommendation!

Mark
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Darko, great routine
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8386 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2018, pabloinus wrote:
Darko, great routine


Yes, just excellent!

This set allows you to do so much, just add imagination. 😊
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8386 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2018, Magic Mark wrote:
John responded to my email this morning and we've exchanged a couple of emails since. I ordered the Eisenhower/Casino poker chip set. I like the more striking contrast of the vivid colors. I realize that three different colors reduces some of the possibilities for coin transpositions (such as just demonstrated in Darko's video) but John's routine with the poker set is very strong too.

I want to mention that my concerns about the website issues ultimately proved to be nothing to worry about. John has been very prompt in replying to email and his wife has already prepared my order for shipping. I received a tracking number less than an hour after placing the order.

My experience with JJ Magic Coins is my best experience with a magic retailer since getting drawn back into magic a month ago. I've recently placed multiple orders with 4 different retailers and JJ Magic Coins gets my highest recommendation!

Mark


I’m just happening upon this, but glad that you chose to just contact John directly as I have often enough directed others to do in similar situations. And I see that the issues have been immediately addressed and your order is already in the works. Now that’s really good customer service. 😁👍🏽 And I’m sure John appreciates the good words from you as to fixing things. Like so many here, you’re gonna love this. 😁 And isn’t it grand that he has so many variations of the set, something to fit everyone’s liking & pocketbook. 😁👍🏽

Let us know what you think when you get it. What a great Christmas present to self. Enjoy! 😊
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2018, Mb217 wrote:

I’m just happening upon this, but glad that you chose to just contact John directly as I have often enough directed others to do in similar situations. And I see that the issues have been immediately addressed and your order is already in the works. Now that’s really good customer service. 😁👍🏽 And I’m sure John appreciates the good words from you as to fixing things. Like so many here, you’re gonna love this. 😁 And isn’t it grand that he has so many variations of the set, something to fit everyone’s liking & pocketbook. 😁👍🏽

Let us know what you think when you get it. What a great Christmas present to self. Enjoy! 😊


Thanks. It is supposed to be here Monday.

Mark
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8386 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just checking back here onya...

So Mark, did you get this yet...Hope so, and if so, then what do you think? Smile


-Happy Holidays to All, Good Will Towards Men Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
John’s coins are fantastic. Shortly after I received them I got together with a friend who owns the Johnny Wong set and had a chance to play with it. I experienced the sticking issue that others have mentioned with the Wong set. The JJ set has no such sticking issues.

My friend (a working pro magician) also played with my JJ set and said he was going to order one for himself.

Mark
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8386 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, Magic Mark wrote:
John’s coins are fantastic. Shortly after I received them I got together with a friend who owns the Johnny Wong set and had a chance to play with it. I experienced the sticking issue that others have mentioned with the Wong set. The JJ set has no such sticking issues.

My friend (a working pro magician) also played with my JJ set and said he was going to order one for himself.

Mark


There is no better word to give of John's work, than the words that come from all those that give it a real try and see for themselves as to the creativity and high quality of his efforts.

Oh, and telling by all the other responses, I think your friend is going to love it! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
Waiting for my set in the mail. Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3135 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, helder wrote:
Waiting for my set in the mail. Smile



Your in for a treat it's one of the best purchases I've made Smile
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, helder wrote:
Waiting for my set in the mail. Smile



Your in for a treat it's one of the best purchases I've made Smile


;) Can't wait, looks like they will ship it on 19th.

Do you have any video performing it?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3135 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, helder wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, helder wrote:
Waiting for my set in the mail. Smile



Your in for a treat it's one of the best purchases I've made Smile


;) Can't wait, looks like they will ship it on 19th.

Do you have any video performing it?


I do have a video of me performing it at a wedding the quality isn't great and it is noisy but the video isn't online.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
869 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7B0kRB44Qc&t=13s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNGJhXgNWM

It is a thing of beauty I agree. 👍👈

Sadly, I do not own one. Smile
😂
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
It's coming. I'm thinking about produce a regular coin, hand it to them, then switch and do the routine. Any idea for a practical switch?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
890 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2019, helder wrote:
It's coming. I'm thinking about produce a regular coin, hand it to them, then switch and do the routine. Any idea for a practical switch?


Yes that’s what I do! I use my Secret Servante holdout to house both the regular coin and the JJ coin, and use it to produce and ditch both. Any switch will do such as a shuttle pass.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2019, helder wrote:
It's coming. I'm thinking about produce a regular coin, hand it to them, then switch and do the routine. Any idea for a practical switch?


Yes that’s what I do! I use my Secret Servante holdout to house both the regular coin and the JJ coin, and use it to produce and ditch both. Any switch will do such as a shuttle pass.


Looks a good solution to me. We can approach them with nothing in the hands, classic palm the ungimmicked coin, produce it, talk about it and give the coin to them, bring the other concealed, shuttle pass, et voilá.
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
They arrived.
WOW.
Great coins.
Love them.

Time for some practice.

Helder
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
Already practicing something with them: https://youtu.be/27MlRtavmTY
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8386 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I see your "practicing" is going very well...That was pretty good. Smile

As you can see, the coins are of expert quality and allow you great flexibility as to these sorts of routines. Smile

You're already doing well with them, just wait to you have a week under your belt. Smile

It really is a great coin effect, all you need to have on you to do some amazing & fun coin magic. Smile *And it's a great coin trick for a card guy too, when he wants to give a respite from all the card tricks and show that he can as easily go another way in being (or at least seeming like) he's a more complete closeup man as well. Believe me, your specs will appreciate it BIGTIME! Smile

And as helder shows right above here, there's nothing hard to it, just a bit of practice and you're flying with quality coins and any one of a variety wonderful routines, John Jurney's, Greg Wilson's, or even that nice Vegas Dream Coins set that allowed you to simply use 2 regular Morgans with it for a cute opening 3 Fly part of the effect. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
957 Posts

Profile of helder
Absolutely Mb217.

Will practice one week more and start performing it at the restaurant.

:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL