The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Prophesy Voice - The App (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1731 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I've been fairly quiet about this app for some time but it's finally ready and available!

It's been a long time coming but I'm so pleased that there is finally a tool that has been made to make the performance of Prophesy Voice easier and more fluid. At the moment it's for iOS only. It allows for the basic effect as well as a feature that wont require you to perform the necessary "work" live in real time. A special thanks to Ron Leshem for finally helping to make it happen! Folks who like this effect will find using this app very easy and great to always have at the ready. I'll post more details about what it can do in Inner Secrets if there's interest!
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
Exciting news. Going to download now!
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
255 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Hi Everyone,

My name is Ron Leshem and it has been my tremendous honor to work with Patrick on this release. The idea to develop this app occurred shortly after seeing Patrick's effect Prophecy Voice, on the Double Feature DVD. I was blown away be the boldness of the concept, but ultimately frustrated by the need to use a personal recording device like a dictaphone, in place of my iPhone. I eventually acted on that inspiration and developed an invisible, seamless iPhone app that finally makes performing Patrick's effect as easy as pie.

Along the way we added some unbelievable features including a way of performing multiple out predictions that Patrick and I both believe will become a valuable, and cherished tool for a lot of real-world performing mentalists. Imagine your favorite multiple out effects being available at any moment with no paper/billets/pens/envelopes needed. Ask your spectator to choose a card for example, and then allow them to open the Voice Memos app on your phone where they'll find only one recording, made days prior, and featuring your voice perfectly predicting the selection. Or any other reveal you could possibly imagine...

We've given the app a very low introductory price and it includes a link to a 75 minute video that explains several effects, and all the necessary bits of business you'll need to turn your Voice Memos app into a supercharged prediction tool. Purchasers will also be given access to a closed facebook group where we'll be sharing additional ideas and information about the Prophesy Voice app. Here's a link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prophesy......808?mt=8
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
65 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
When utilizing the app and unlocking my phone there are no apps, the unlock action is not in the correct place. Is this set to work ios10?
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
255 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, Colin johnson wrote:
When utilizing the app and unlocking my phone there are no apps, the unlock action is not in the correct place. Is this set to work ios10?

I'm using the app and running OS 10.1.1 so it definitely works in the latest operating environment, although the visual action is more consistent with the older "slide to unlock" system. Colin, have you had a chance to read/view the instructions? It sounds like you have not yet loaded a good home screen photo. Feel free to PM me and I'll walk you through the specifics of the set up.
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
65 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, Shikina wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, Colin johnson wrote:

I'm using the app and running OS 10.1.1 so it definitely works in the latest operating environment, although the visual action is more consistent with the older "slide to unlock" system. Colin, have you had a chance to read/view the instructions? It sounds like you have not yet loaded a good home screen photo. Feel free to PM me and I'll walk you through the specifics of the set up.

Thank you, I feel lame now I did the video and not the text instructions much clearer for me haha
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1731 Posts

Ron also set up a facebook forum for folks who are using this. I just posted a goodie over there for folks. There will also be more to come!

Thanks Ron for helping make this happen! I've really been enjoying it.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
This app is AMAZING. Once you become fimiliar with the inner workings, you'll have a tool that you can take with you anywhere. And use it at anytime. It gives you multiple variations to use. Three solid methods. From beginner on up. For those who are fimiliar with the original, this will play so much more easier. The ways it's concealed, the way it's used, and the way it's presented, will allow you to start and end super clean. If I had any complaints about this product. There would only be one. The price. I would have purchased this for what Myke Phillips or Greg R. Are charging for their apps. ( which are good apps ) but this is a steal for sure. Those who do Mentalism will fall in love with this. Predictions are powerful. And this tool will allow you to do ANY prediction imaginable. Want to predict the future a day in advance? A month? A year? If that's the case, Then this is what you are looking for. Great job on a brilliantly designed app.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
537 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I've seen this in action, and I can attest it is very strong. It is versatile, and as soon as I saw it, my mind started racing with ideas. This is a must for any iOS users.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of robd
Why does it use a 4 digit unlock code, rather than 6?
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
255 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2016, robd wrote:
Why does it use a 4 digit unlock code, rather than 6?

This speaks somewhat to method so I can't say much, but I can say that the four digit codes make managing the app simpler to operate, and frankly, this app began its life before the 6th generation phones (which I believe were the first to include 6 digit codes).

Beyond that, it's my opinion that there should not be much or any focus on the screen during the unlock. This is not a pass code divination effect, so it is natural for the performer to shield the screen during the unlock. After all, the code is private in theory, and this seems to be just an incidental moment before the reveal. During performance, I don't think spectators actually think about or notice the number of digits being used to unlock the phone.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of robd
To be fair, it doesn't make it that much simpler. The first two digits could always remain the same. I bought this app - I feel it needs more work to be as good as it should be. Attention to detail is key, particularly when compared to the recently release wiki app, for example. Anyway - good luck with it.
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
255 Posts

Profile of Shikina
I can appreciate your perspective robd, although I would point out that you're comparing a $65 app to a $7 one. We're working hard to make this the best possible app we can, but I think it's fair to have different expectations given the vast difference in price. We think that Prophesy Voice is fooling, magical, flexible and very affordable.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of robd
Not arguing at all - for a fiver, it is what it is. Good luck with it.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
What's wrong with 4? Me mine is 4?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Magic1jim
View Profile
New user
West Yorshire UK
38 Posts

Profile of Magic1jim
Could someone put a link for the facebook page please. My app kept crashing but I just re downloaded and it now works again

Jim
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1731 Posts

I've PMd you
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Hi Patrick,

Having the same issues - ok to also pm me?

Many thanks,

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Patrick, ignore my last post I've sorted it!

Wow this is ingenious. The method is ingenious, cant wait to give this a try.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Tilburg, The Netherlands
442 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Downloaded the app, like it but I really would like to be able to customize something because a certain screen doesn't look as it should (language thing). Als curious about the facebook group..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Prophesy Voice - The App (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL