The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver Transposition (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aliski28
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of aliski28
Hi, I want to perform simple routine that everybody know using double sided gaff coin. I found it very organic and effective. Now I carry with me it all the time. Small bag with 2 regular coins and gaff outside ready to take with the bag. I found on youtube guy performing this routine. Exactly Tyler Rabbit form Coin Magic Underground. He lets spectator to remove one coin from their closed fist. It makes routine even more magical. I want to know how to make a spectator to take out gaff (not a regular coin). Where can I find it?
Thanks for help
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
954 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Tyler rabbit is a member here on the Café. Try pm'ing him. Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8754 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Welcome to the Café 28. Smile

Usually, when you get one of these C/S coins, there is a basic routine that goes with it…The basis of most other creations with it, all play off the same premise as to the effect…it is inferential.

If you simply don't use 3 coins, but 2 coins, and instead of a bag, have the coins in your closed fist, then you can always control the action. Just think about it and you'll figure out how. Smile

And if you choose to use 3 coins, maybe like Tyler Rabbit, well, probably there are only 2 coins in play at a time from the spectator's perspective, and the C/S coin helps make the magic happen.

Just think about it. And again, "Welcome." Smile
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5389 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Kainoa Harbottle Inferential....its almost self working....and it cones with the gaffs....
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of Tom G
What Kozmo said.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8925 Posts

Profile of funsway
A hint in a different direction.

The spectator freely selects a copper and a silver coin from a pile/dish/bag.
They hold one in left hand and one in right.
The magician never touches the coins.
The coins change places in the spectator's hands and freely handled by them.

That is the story you wish them to tell afterwards - the memory of events that you trained them to relate.
What actually occurred need not be the same..

Don't worry overly much about the handling to "fool people." Instead focus on how to get them to expect magic to occur and then fulfill the dream.

I once had the honor of going back-stage to meet Al Hirt after a show. He was famous for the purity of tone on long-held notes.
A friend asked him, "I understand circular breathing in singing but find it impossible to consider holding a clear note that long on a trumpet. How do you do it?"
Al responded, 'I don't - it is impossible! The key is to get everyone in the audience to want to hear me hold a note that long."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8754 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Did someone say, "Inferential?" Smile
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea I think that is what they said!!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5333 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Yep! Kainoa has released a DVD containing "inferential" coin routines: "Kainoa on Coins: Inferential"

Routines taught:

1- Inferential Copper/Silver
2- Inferential Wild Coins
3- Standing Inferential

All are great - deceptive and yet easy to do. Excellent DVD!

Jim
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8754 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yep! And as I initially said above here…These are great learning tricks IMHO. Mastering copper silver transpositions teach you a whole lot about coin magic, your specs and yourself. Heck, you don't really even need a gaff to pull this stuff off, use the opportunity to practice the sorta basic SOH it takes to make magic with just two coins. And then when you do mix in the old gaff coin, you'll be rolling with magical possibilities…You'll see'em! Smile There are literally dozens and dozens, maybe hundreds Smile of copper silver effects, and like the others mentioned above here, I've contributed a few myself to the craft, with and without the old gaff. Man, I can't even tell you how crazy I went when I first saw a guy using two gaffs at once, the coins changing places back and forth, and then him remarkably giving me the coins to examine… WOW! Smile But that's how much creativity lends itself in as to this copper silver genre. Smile

Today, I mostly do a little 3 phase set I came up with from a little of this and a little of that from my journey, with just the traditional two coins -- an old copper English penny & a silver half dollar -- that continues to still so simply amaze people, even myself sometimes. Smile

If you do use the gaff (which kicks things up a notch and is also loads of fun), the basic coin used to come with a little routine where you just added a half dollar, and you placed both coins in your hand and removed one…And they would change places. Smile Man, that blew me away as a young boy seeing it done in an old magic shop, growing up in NYC, and still does when I'm not paying attention. Smile Think the coin was about $2 bucks way back then. But the principles as to it, "inferentially" speaking, can cause a journey of experiences and tons of magic, well, that part is priceless…or at least it has been to me and to many. Smile

Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
The Coin Magic Seminar DVD-s are an excellent resource for Coin Magic.

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/nycms_dvds.htm

Volume 3 deals just with Copper/Sliver type effects and routines.
There is a bunch of transposition effects in there. Smile

Also,...
On Volume 1 of David Roth' The Ultimate Coin Magic Collection, Copper/Silver Transposition is the first effect taught and it's the version I always use, if I want to go for a straight up transposition effect.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=1492

Copper/Silver/Sankey is an effect, which can be found on a few Sankey DVD's, the ones that come to mind are Revolutionary Coin Magic and Sankey Live.
This is something I've been performing whenever I was "stuck" without my gaff. It's as clean of a C/S transpo as with the gimicked version, it just uses an extra coin.

Now, it is possible that someone did this before Sankey, but I am referencing him as I am not aware of any other creators with such a routine.

Last but not least (for now... Smile)...
Dan Watkins has some outstanding C/S work on his DVD Coin Man Walking:

http://www.coinvanish.com/cmw.html

I hope this sets you in your desired direction aliski28. Smile

All the best
Aljaž
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3993 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Taught on the NYCMS dvds, as well as my Penguin Live lecture #1, The Purse and Glass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duAUq02V7o8&t=46s
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
That is a great routine! Love it.
As I said above, the NYCMS DVDs are a great resource for Coin Magic and You (and your Coin Magic) are one of the reasons why it is so.

Thank you for sharing.

All the best
Aljaž
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver Transposition (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL