The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Suggestions for copper coin in Dollar-size CSB set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hey friends am going to have a couple Ike CSB sets made up but am stumped finding a cool copper coin that is noticeably smaller than an Ike, but larger than say, an English penny.. Any suggestions?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Use a copper round. Mark Mason makes a set with a Morgan and a copper round that is stamped the same as a Walking Liberty half. They make tons of cool designs on copper rounds and they are just a hair larger than a Morgan but can be purchased for under $3 ea (at my local coin shop).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Poof-Daddy: It sounded like Tyler wants a coin that's bigger than a WL/EP but smaller than a dollar, so I don't think those rounds would work properly.

Tyler: Is my reading correct? There are bunches of coins, but part of it depends on what sizes, and a bigger part on how much you're willing to spend (how many do you need?), and how you define "cool". For example, I really like the appearance of the Isle of Man coins:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISLE-OF-MAN-1-PE......cUBYLHSw
but they're quite pricey.

If you can provide more detail, I might be able to help more.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2050 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
There was a site that had descriptions and sizes of all kinds of coins. I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere here at the Café but the name escapes me....
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2050 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Found it, but the site is gone.
No pictures but maybe some useful information from the Internet Wayback Machine...

http://web.archive.org/web/2013052715490......he-coins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Suggestions for copper coin in Dollar-size CSB set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL