The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WikiTest - The Wikipedia Book Test (155 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..32~33~34 [Next]
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hello all.

After 4 years in the making, I'm pleased to announce the release of my app WikiTest.

As performed by David Blaine on his recent TV special, David Blaine: Beyond Magic.

A video of David Blaine performing WikiTest is here.

WikiTest is a modern book test that uses a borrowed smartphone.

- You ask a spectator to search for ANY object or person on Wikipedia on THEIR phone to bring up its article.
- Whilst you look away, the spectator scrolls through the article and thinks of a RANDOM word on the page.
- You then tell the spectator EXACTLY what object they're looking at, as well as what word they're merely thinking of on the page!

The text (and of course their phone) can be thoroughly inspected after the routine with NOTHING to find!

* Works with ANY borrowed modern smartphone, tablet or computer.
* You NEVER touch their phone!
* VERY easy to perform.
* NO accomplice required.
* NO memory work needed.
* They can begin reading the article before thinking of a word.

You can even perform WikiTest over Skype or FaceTime.

Works with all Pebble Smartwatches and the Apple Watch.

NOTE - The price of WikiTest will be going up in 30 days.

App Store link:
Click here to buy WikiTest on the App Store.
Hello! I make magic apps, such as WikiTest, Earworm, Amalgam and Xeno.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Wow is all I can say. I need this in my life! I'm off to sell all my old vinyl tomorrow at a boot sale as I need the £££ but this will be mine. Oh boy.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8553 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok you're going to have to provide more details before I splash out 50 pounds on an app. At this point in time you've provided no info whatsoever how the user gleams the info. Although I have to say that if you never touch their phone then this is freakin' genius.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Is an Android version in the works?
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Yes almost seems to good to be true. I know the performance of Blaine seems to match the description but it would not be the first time that things have been omitted or never seen in some of his effects on his specials. Would like to see a "real world performance" not from a special before shelling out 89.00.
Having said all that if it lives up to the description I think he has a winner here. Very powerful. I can see how you can obtain the subject but the thought of word within the subject is killer.

I am curious if the Wikipedia"Site" they go to is provided by you or they do it off the cuff and search under their own terms. Owners of Inject would know what I mean by this. I see he is raising the price in 30 days . I hope before that increase some additional video will be available.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8553 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree. A David Blaine, cut to death, video performance is not good enough to entice me to part with that amount of money. Let's see a proper, real world, performance please. Or a comprehensive written description of the work required.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I just get the feeling, and I will be the first to hope I am wrong, that the spectator does more than just" think" of the word. IE. enlarges, highlights or zooms in on the word or something along those lines. Not fishing here and we are all magicians. I GUESS if she could just "think" of a word and do nothing else you are a true mindreader. I am OK with her having to to a "little extra" and IF that is the case it would be nice to disclose that in the form of an uncut demo.
Very interested in this and hope it rings as close to the Blaine performance as possible.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
917 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
This sounds great.. It seems similar to Inject and I already love Inject.

Just a question, will this work with the Martian Notifier Smart Watch as well?
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
930 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I experienced this effect first hand about four years ago.

I remember being absolutely stunned. I immediately asked if it would be made available to purchase and as I did so, deep down suspected I wouldn't be able to afford it!

Turns out, four years on it's out and really inexpensive for how good this is.

Yes, of course there's a method! It's not as pure as it sounds, of course. It's not real magic after all! But it's *** clever, stupidly slick and for me, I have to only recall how stunned I was back then, to remind myself how a spectator would experience this.

I'm not giving anything away about this at all, except to say I am really impressed.

It's the ONLY magic effect I will use with my phone.

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8553 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hopefully Marc can chime in here and tell us a little more on method.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
917 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Could anyone shed light on my question?
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Mike Paldino and Jbadman thanks for your input you have "filled in some blanks" on some of my thoughts. And in a good way. I am tempted to hit the buy button!
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
In the first post he has 2 links to buy but they are different prices 64.99 on one and 89.99 when viewed in I tunes?? Am I missing something here??
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3939 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
So does the performer really never touch the spectators phone ? Everyone and his dog knows how to google Wikipedia so do you tell them a very contrived web address to get them to somewhere that will seem so odd for a site that everyone knows how to find ? Pure speculation I hope I am wrong 😊
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
930 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I, too, thought this an appropriate place to simply review a stunning product.

Fish all you like but I'm not giving away the method.

What I will say is the full presentation of this makes everything really well justified, motivated and feel entirely above board to the spectator.

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3864 Posts

Profile of JanForster
O.k. some words, I am not an app guru, but use 3... one is Inject. This (WikiTest) - and I have it on my phone right now - IS different, and VERY clever. Mainly it allows for a double mind reading, very direct and inexplicable. Two different systems, one word is only mentally chosen, very clever as it destroys any theory about any other (or the first) method. You will have several options for your performance, and it is true that you have never to touch the spectator's phone, he can do all. Sounds unbelievable, but it is that cleverly constructed. Any draw backs? Not that I see. Momentary it will work only in English, but further updates will offer more languages. There is one language which I speak perfectly and I would like to assist Marc if he needs any help Smile ... Conclusion: If you are English speaking and have mainly an English speaking audience get it now. It is really that good. I got told that the prize will go up in 30 days.

I paid for it, I should have mentioned . And I bought it although I could not use it momentary when working with German speaking spectators. But further updates will be for free. So, for me it was no question to get it in order to know and study it (and to play already with it). Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Hey guys I downloaded this today and am going through directions will give a full review once I have done it live to actual spectators. At first glance there are a few "hurdles" to wrap your head around but trust me all is well justified. I really think that any concerns I have now will slowly diminish with each practice run. Again I will offer a a more complete review in the next few days.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Does the spec have to download an app ?
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
No his phone is the most innocent part of the whole routine
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8553 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2016, Scott Imler wrote:
Hey guys I downloaded this today and am going through directions will give a full review once I have done it live to actual spectators. At first glance there are a few "hurdles" to wrap your head around but trust me all is well justified. I really think that any concerns I have now will slowly diminish with each practice run. Again I will offer a a more complete review in the next few days.

I look forward to your review Scott. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WikiTest - The Wikipedia Book Test (155 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL