The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WikiTest - The Wikipedia Book Test (172 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34~35~36 [Next]
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
I'm sure a kickstarter for releasing WikiTest on android would collect enough money in no time.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Does it work only in English or any language can be used?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, iluzjonista wrote:
Does it work only in English or any language can be used?

WikiTest currently is performable in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish, Japanese.
I often work with users to add more languages, and so if you’d like another language added, do contact me.
DLMagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of DLMagic
Hi Marc,
I still got some problem creating my own text and custom words (if you know what I mean). Is there a tutorian oder some instructions somewhere? I did not find them in the app or group...
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, DLMagic wrote:
Hi Marc,
I still got some problem creating my own text and custom words (if you know what I mean). Is there a tutorian oder some instructions somewhere? I did not find them in the app or group...

Sure - send me an email or a PM somewhere and I'll talk you through it.
DLMagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of DLMagic
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2020, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, DLMagic wrote:
Hi Marc,

Sure - send me an email or a PM somewhere and I'll talk you through it.

Thank you very much!
I will contact you on FB.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Rooster has given WikiTest an incredibly kind review, and has given a great demonstration of the pairing between Earworm and WikiTest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUuq-VujLVI
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
I have been using WikiTest for a bit but it’s getting more often that Google suggests ‘magic trick’ after ‘Wikipedia Article Count’ or something other phrase on the audience’s phone. Any suggestions on this, please?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2020, Yash Pataskar wrote:
I have been using WikiTest for a bit but it’s getting more often that Google suggests ‘magic trick’ after ‘Wikipedia Article Count’ or something other phrase on the audience’s phone. Any suggestions on this, please?

See above review. It skips the search phase.
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Thank You Pegasus. I have not purchased Earworm yet and I think it’s better I do. Wish there was a way that ‘Magic trick’ won’t be visible. Or maybe any other keyword.
If anybody else has any other suggestions, feel free to mention.

Thanks in advance. ✨
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No problem. Have you joined the Facebook group? They have some great tips.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank You Pegasus. I have not purchased Earworm yet and I think it’s better I do. Wish there was a way that ‘Magic trick’ won’t be visible. Or maybe any other keyword.

Thanks in advance. ✨

For any who comment, please be mindful to keep exposure here to a minimum in a public forum.
As Pegasus says, perhaps consider joining the Facebook group where more relaxed discussions and help can take place.

Whilst there are other keywords and ways of “getting in” to the effect (including using Siri), it’s not unreasonable that you could have performed the effect to others, and each could have been curious enough to try to Google how it works after your performance. Having “magic trick” suggested could simply be a result of these spectators from your past performances, and I don’t feel affects the trick by this stage.

But either way, there certainly are multiple other things you can do to get around it. Join the Facebook group to discuss more.
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
No problem. Have you joined the Facebook group? They have some great tips.

Sure, will discuss there. Thanks!
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2020, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance. ✨

For any who comment, please be mindful to keep exposure here to a minimum in a public forum.
As Pegasus says, perhaps consider joining the Facebook group where more relaxed discussions and help can take place.

Whilst there are other keywords and ways of “getting in” to the effect (including using Siri), it’s not unreasonable that you could have performed the effect to others, and each could have been curious enough to try to Google how it works after your performance. Having “magic trick” suggested could simply be a result of these spectators from your past performances, and I don’t feel affects the trick by this stage.

But either way, there certainly are multiple other things you can do to get around it. Join the Facebook group to discuss more.

Thank You Marc. We will discuss further on the group.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
4.2.2 of WikiTest is on its way to the App Store now with a few small bug fixes and preparations for future features.
As ever, it's a free update via the App Store for all users.

On another note, given the current global crisis, I've had a number of requests from people asking about performing WikiTest over Skype or Zoom.

Of course, this is perfectly fine - you need not even ask me to do so. All I ask is, with the agreed broadcast rights, please do your best to ensure the video can't be watched by the spectators afterwards (which will likely be better for your performance anyway!)

I think WikiTest is a great effect to perform in this kind of environment. You don't need to touch the spectator's phone, you don't need to tell them to go to a strange URL, and all pairing and peeking is made even easier by you being able to do both out of frame.

Enjoy!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Great! Thx
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I long for the day I will be able to use this on stage again, thanks Marc
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I've never had 'magic trick' or anything like it come up when I have spectators do a search.
It's all in the reflexes.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, magicmarcuk wrote:
4.2.2 of WikiTest is on its way to the App Store now with a few small bug fixes and preparations for future features.
As ever, it's a free update via the App Store for all users.

On another note, given the current global crisis, I've had a number of requests from people asking about performing WikiTest over Skype or Zoom.

Of course, this is perfectly fine - you need not even ask me to do so. All I ask is, with the agreed broadcast rights, please do your best to ensure the video can't be watched by the spectators afterwards (which will likely be better for your performance anyway!)

I think WikiTest is a great effect to perform in this kind of environment. You don't need to touch the spectator's phone, you don't need to tell them to go to a strange URL, and all pairing and peeking is made even easier by you being able to do both out of frame.

Enjoy!

THANK YOU ! Stay safe Marc
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I always have them google how many words on Wikipedia and the correct link is always the top one and no mention of a magic trick is anywhere on that page . Keep safe everyone Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WikiTest - The Wikipedia Book Test (172 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34~35~36 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL