The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WikiTest - The Wikipedia Book Test (172 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36 [Next]
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
It is. Basically it would automatically open the url on your spectators phone that automatically pairs the page with your account.
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
So are NFC tags a physical item to purchase? Or just some kind of software thing?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

They're physical tags. You can get them from amazon or a lot of other websites.
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Grazie
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2020, Yepski wrote:
So are NFC tags a physical item to purchase? Or just some kind of software thing?

Indeed, they’re physical tags.
Any iPhone-writeable tags would work, but some might be more preferred than others due to their size or range.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
WikiTest 4.3.3 was released a short while ago, bringing iPhone 12 mini / 12 / 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max support. It also works perfectly on iOS 14.

As it has been since the beginning, WikiTest works perfectly over Zoom, and the new "Remote Performance" guide in the instructions will tell you how best to set up and use WikiTest in this type of environment.

alondon
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of alondon
When I open the app on my iphone XS, it goes to the calculator. How do I get back to the main screen and update to the latest version?
thank you
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, alondon wrote:
When I open the app on my iphone XS, it goes to the calculator. How do I get back to the main screen and update to the latest version?
thank you

Swipe down with two fingers and go to settings and click default screen and select none
"mystery786
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of "mystery786
I am interested in purchasing WikiTest. Before buying, I need to know about the pairing method.

When the spectator opens the W***C**** website on their phone, does the spectator automatically gets paired with magicians account? Or do you need pro tools in order to achieve this type of pairing?
Check out MailFX - Ultimate Prediction Tool for Magicians and Mentalists

www.mailfx.app
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Pro tools. Spec just needs to press the refresh icon to pair.
David asecas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of David asecas
Don't even think about it amir, one of the best applications I've seen, (the only downside is that it doesn't exist for Android). but it is a very powerful effect to always carry with you.
k3nnyma
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of k3nnyma
I decided to change from android to iphone mainly because of this app.
Love it!!
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
I have a AUTODIRECT question about "NFC vs WIKITEST vs SMARTWATCH (not Apple)"

There are many enthusiastic posts in the facebookgroup about using a NFC-tag.
Your phone never needs to come in play. Sounds really nice, but the next question is ignored by the users who are enthusiastic about it.
Maybe they all use an Apple watch, but I don't know, because they ignore the next question.
Hopefully someone on this forum can help me.

- I own a Garmin Smartwatch.
- I only receive the WT notifications when my phone is locked.
- Autodirect only works when my phone is unlocked.

Can you perform WT using an NFC tag and Smartwatch (not Apple) and end clean (autodirect)?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, otreboR wrote:
I have a AUTODIRECT question about "NFC vs WIKITEST vs SMARTWATCH (not Apple)"

There are many enthusiastic posts in the facebookgroup about using a NFC-tag.
Your phone never needs to come in play. Sounds really nice, but the next question is ignored by the users who are enthusiastic about it.
Maybe they all use an Apple watch, but I don't know, because they ignore the next question.
Hopefully someone on this forum can help me.

- I own a Garmin Smartwatch.
- I only receive the WT notifications when my phone is locked.
- Autodirect only works when my phone is unlocked.

Can you perform WT using an NFC tag and Smartwatch (not Apple) and end clean (autodirect)?

This is not something you can currently do, no. If you want to use the Autoredirect, your phone needs to receive the peek.
In your situation, you can either use the "passthrough" mode to skip the second phase, or you can simply trigger a redirect manually at the conclusion of the effect.

Thanks.
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Thanks, Marc!!
Do you know if a device like "Peeksmith" receives information if your phone is unlocked?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2022, otreboR wrote:
Thanks, Marc!!
Do you know if a device like "Peeksmith" receives information if your phone is unlocked?

It does - it works independently from the WikiTest app, so it can pull the information regardless if your phone is locked or not, and even if the WikiTest app isn't open.
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2022, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2022, otreboR wrote:
Thanks, Marc!!

It does - it works independently from the WikiTest app, so it can pull the information regardless if your phone is locked or not, and even if the WikiTest app isn't open.

Thanks!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
After working on WikiTest v5 for a while now, I'm delighted to announce that is out now as a *free!* update to all WikiTest users.

WikiTest 5 is a significant rewrite, which brings it in line with more modern standards of design and development to match my more recent apps.

Ths new version brings loads of new features and updates, taking into consideration how people tend to use WikiTest today.

I've worked hard on WikiTest 5, and I'm happy to give it to all users at no extra charge.
It's available for free from the App Store here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wikitest/id1177870786

...or you can keep reading to find out some of what's new.

Full Redesign

WikiTest's effect has four distinct stages: you *pair* with your spectator, you then get a *peek* of their search, you *force* a word on the page, and then you *redirect* the spectator at the conclusion of the effect.
WikiTest's main screen has been redesigned to reflect this - it's now broken up in order let you quickly set options for each of these four stages to best suit your performance.

QuickLink

A QuickLink is a brand new pairing method, which generates a short, direct link which lets you pair directly with the spectator's phone, straight to any article.
In some situations, it might be desirable to skip WikiTest's preamble and get straight to WikiTest's effect. Opening a QuickLink on the spectator's phone will bring them to a paired WikiTest page article for whatever you desire, as a quick get-in for WikiTest.

Apple Watch App Improvements

The new Apple Watch WikiTest app features a new, optimised layout. It now includes the new Article Extract, Live Peek history and a larger Image Peek.
For Apple Watches with an always-on display, the screen can also be set to automatically go black when your wrist turns away from you, or even to a disguised watch face.

Presets

As many performers enjoy using WikiTest in different ways, I'm also introducing *Presets*.
Presets let you set and quickly change between different performance configurations. If you're performing WikiTest in person, you may use the calculator to pair, the peek screen to peek, the default MOABT force words, and manual redirect. However, in a virtual show, you might prefer to use AutoPair, a bluetooth peek device, custom force words and Automatic redirect. Presets let you quickly jump between these states, without having to figure out exactly what switches to turn on and off to get you there.
You can even set a preset to launch automatically when you open WikiTest, replacing the previous "Default Screen" option.

Quick Actions

Accessible from the main screen, Quick Actions let you quickly trigger a WikiTest redirect, access the peek screen, check your peek history and more.

Connection Indicator

The collapsed Quick Actions menu also displays a connection indicator, giving you reassurance in performance.

Custom Article Text

WikiTest users have been able to write custom article text for a while. In WikiTest v5, I've made it much easier to do so in the app.
You can now write multiple custom texts and save them in to a "custom text library" within the app, and jump between them as and when you please. You can then view an example article to see how the text will appear, and even share them to other users, such as the WikiTest Facebook Group.

Image Peek Improvements

You can now have a backup image source help ensure that an image of the search term is displayed, even if the Wikipedia article doesn't contain one. If saved, the photo can now also be backdated.

Article Extract

Along with the Live Peek and Image Peek, WikiTest can display a short article extract from the searched article on both the Peek Screen and the Apple Watch app.

WikiTest 5 also has a lot more features, including...
- Calculator hugely improved to match modern devices
Account management improvements
- Emulate text article style has been reworked and now works in more languages
- NFC improvements - NFC tags can be used indefinitely whilst the WikiTest app is open
- Notifications have been reorganised with the peek in the title, which is better for external peek devices
- AutoPair can now be easily triggered in a pocket with a double volume button press
- Some Pro Tools features are now accessible for all WikiTest users, such as improved Peek History, as well as WikiTest & Diverter integration
- Auto Redirect no longer needs the WikiTest app open
...and much more!

WikiTest v5 is a free update via the App Store here:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wikitest/id1177870786

Thanks!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Amazing work Marc. Thank you.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Marc is a legend!

Some creators struggle to keep their apps up to date and even workable - others constantly improve theirs.
This is a huge update. Much appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WikiTest - The Wikipedia Book Test (172 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL