We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bar Magic in front of the bar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Hi all,
I want to break my wedding shows into 2 parts. At the beginning of the night, as guests are arriving, I want to stand at the bar & perform as people are coming up to get drinks. As people start to seat themselves for dinner I will move onto table magic. In order to avoid repetition I want to do different effects for each.

What type of magic would work well in front of the bar?
I'm already planning on jiggernaut, 3 card monte, Kate, Stan, & Edith (using standard size cards),skinner matches & color changing knifes.

My table stuff is more romance themed. Ring & Rope ( Using a giant Wedding ring & a velvet cord ), Red Hot Mama's Lips ( Thanks Scott! )& a sponge routine with Hearts, to name a few.

Would CMH & Pinnacle be better at the bar or tables?
Are there any other considerations to think about when working the bar? IE Not sure about monte because bar tops could be wet.
Adammcd
View Profile
Regular user
Greensburg PA
132 Posts

Profile of Adammcd
Get a nice close up pad for the bar and make yourself quasi stationary while there.
The last thing you ever expected, should have been the first.
T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of T.House
Liquor is Quicker by Frank Zak is a cute little effect I recently purchased, and think it would be good for anyone working at a bar. You receive 6 small laminated bar mats, which say Frank?s Bar on the back, and have pictures of different alcoholic beverages on the front, e.g., Smirnoff vodka, Bacardi Rum, etc. You also receive 3 business-sized cards with pictures of alcoholic beverages on one side, and a nice draw-string bag. After a spectator examines the bar mats, he selects one. This matches your prediction, which is in the bag. The prediction can be one of the little business cards, but preferably is a small bottle of alcohol, e.g. Smirnoff vodka. What could be more topical in a bar setting? It sells for $15 from Frank Zak, who can be reached via e-mail at imagic@cox.net.

Bruce Hetzler
frank
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
109 Posts

Profile of frank
Big D:

CMH works great in front of the bar while the folks are in line waiting for a drink. I also carry Profs. Nightmare.

I try to work like adammcd suggested above; however, I'll do it near the bar and work folks who already have their drink.

frank
FREE 5 Day Get Your First Restaurant Show Email Mini Course - to sign up...
Send a Blank Email Here:[email]freemagicinfo@getresponse.com[/email]
Alan Gold
View Profile
Regular user
Key West, FL
149 Posts

Profile of Alan Gold
Daryl, I am familiar with Red Hot Mama. I open with it most of the time. But what in the holy heck is Red Hot Mama's Lips?!?!?!

Bruce, I like the Liquor is Quicker effect, from what you described, and think I am going to get that for my friend for his upcoming birthday. Not only does he do bar magic...but his name is Frank!

:-)

Alan
Remember: Al G. is just another way to say pond scum.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Red Hot Mama's Lips is Scott Guinn's version of RHM. It is on his video "Great Scott, It's Magic".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bar Magic in front of the bar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL