The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What can I do with this old passport? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
I found a VERY old passport recently at an estate sale. It belonged to someone born in the 1860s. Any idea what trick I could create around it? It doesn't look like he ever went anywhere, so all of the pages are still blank. I was thinking that I could create faux stamps for different destinations and dates.
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
A passport for use on a ghost ship. The owner had a "cruise" planned but the ship disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle before it reached port so it was never stamped in another country. But how did it turn up when the ship and the passenger were never seen again?

TEB3
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Oh that is creepy TEB3. I was thinking along the same lines. The beauty of this artifact is that the person had dreams of traveling but never did.

I don't know if this could be managed cbmar, but adding additional pages with entry stamps that the person's "spirit" visited could be intriguing. Think Svengali principle ala Magic Coloring Book. You show the book blank and weave your story about lands dreamed about but never reached due to tragic circumstances, and then you show the book as it should be perceived with all of the destinations realized. Spooky...but hopeful. As a kicker, you show the last page which has a stamp that is faded, as though it is just becoming realized...the traveler is still traveling even now.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Time travel, remote viewing.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Thermochromic ink stamps? The destinations could appear or disappear to suit your storyline.

Man dies, and he fades from significance, until it is almost as if he never existed at all - said while stamps of the places he had visited fade away.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Bill Montana has a routine that could work really well with this. I can't remember the exact name but "Mythos" is in it and I'm sure that's enough to lead you if you contact Bill.

I could see something where you have a volunteer remote-view a location which happens to be the circled stamp on the passport or something like that.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Please don't turn this into another Sven. It is getting so over done. You can scare the stuffing out of people with just a spooky story and the blank book. It just depends on how hard you want to work on a really good script.

If you do want to mess around, I like Craig and Bryn's ideas.

TEB3 or is it Traveler or Lary or are all three commenting?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
If you have the nerve, buy some vintage clothing and cut your hair in a vintage style to match the passport. Go to the airport and tel them you woke up this morning and everything was different and you are just trying to get home. Make up a good background story and have everything vintage from the time period. Have someone leak the strange man in the airport to the news and you can possible make it on TV news or even an interview. Would be a lot of fun, even when they take you away to the mental institute for testing. Just never cave in and keep the story.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
Nice one weepinwil!

Same for Wizard of Oz and Brynmore. That ink is quite impressive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What can I do with this old passport? (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL