The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Conscious Magic by Andrew Gerard and Ran Pink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Conscious Magic
Creator: Andrew Gerard and Ran Pink
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 65 minutes

Type of effect: Teaching / Instruction Mentalism effects

Manufacturer's Write Up:

With more than TWO DECADES of creating and performing magic, and producing magic on TV, Ran and Andrew sit down for the FIRST TIME and openly discuss and reveal their approach to performing magic and mentalism in EVERYDAY environments.

In this series Ran and Andrew reveal their GO-TO routines that they perform in real life casual situations such as bars, house parties, and on the street. "Our mission with conscious magic is to elevate the art of magic by empowering the performer to have a deeper insight into the process of creating, performing and even thinking about magic on a new level."

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

What's in the box? DVD and a "gimmick" that many magicians have

Key points: Not only do they teach NEW effects but they also break them down, discussing their creative process and give insight that will help make the magic you create even better.

How are the production values: Very creatively filmed with updated music, many locations and good sound and editing.

Is it well taught: Video has both "live" and "studio" performances. Explanations are taught in black and white, back in a studio apartment with a stationary camera.

Andrew Gerard - REAL WORLD
Ever since Paul Curry released "Out of This World" there have been many versions, but none are like Gerard's "Real World". Using a NORMAL deck of playing cards the SPECTATOR creates their own reality by mentally separating them into two piles by color. There are NO moves and NO difficult sleights. This creative and simple method happens in the spectator's mind while exploring the concept of the law of attraction.

Ran Pink - T-REX
Learn Ran Pink's ripping technique and create the illusion of REAL mind-reading in the most direct, personal, casual and powerful way; AND be able to do it ANYTIME with nothing more than a pen and piece of paper. Never look at your hands as you rip the paper and there's NO FUMBLING with too many pieces. It's classic and simple, yet SO STRONG that it can bring people to tears. For the FIRST TIME Ran also explains his technique for using post-it notes which are readily available everywhere and easy to come by so you'll always be ready to "read minds". See why so many professionals around the world have chosen T-Rex as their secret weapon to get into someone's mind.

Andrew Gerard - OPTIKA
Optika is the perfect opener for any social situation. Captivate audiences and make yourself known as a magical performer by utilizing a simple gimmick that is in most magician's arsenals. Andrew Gerard will teach you the "optikal" illusion that will cause debate amongst your spectators.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I was a little disapointed that these were very similar to previously released effects that I already owned, but with new names.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" All three effects use common carryable objects from a magician's arsenal.

Does it "play big?" Each of these effects plays strong

Difficulty / Skill level required: No difficult sleights or moves

How much arts and crafts are involved? zero

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes, these are all "real world" tested.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Three great effects from some of the strongest "minds" in mentalism.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4XdCZecao
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
Kenny, thx for the great review.
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Look brilliant on my wish list for next month
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thanks for the review.

Where was Gerard's version released in?
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
DavidKenney,

I read your review, watched your review, and purchased Conscious Magic, based on your reviews.

Thank you for providing such a valuable resource.

Sincerely,

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Conscious Magic by Andrew Gerard and Ran Pink (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL