We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Comparison of Watch Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
What in your opinion is the superior and more reliable product, Watch and Wear or Time Machine? And can Time Machine be done in the spectator's hand, like Watch and Wear?

Thanks,
G
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
Watch ad wear is not a real working watch.

Time machine is
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Dear Gabelson:
Time Machine works with a mercury switch inside. This is not good, because the watch is very fragile, and if the mercury breaks inside it will destroy the whole mechanism.
Because the switch, there are some effects you cannot do it with it, but both are very similar.
Watch & Wear works with a mechanical gravity system, that is a sure way to do the same. Watch & Wear comes with a booklet with 10 routines, some of them wrote by Trevor Lewis (the creator of the spinning hands method)

Finnaly, Time Machine is a rip off of Watch & Wear, looking them from the outside you can easily note it.
Please, visit the following web site: http://www.bazardemagia.com/robstiff
And if you need more additional information about, just ask me by email.
Good luck!
Quique Marduk
quique@magia.com.ar
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Sorry mikep....YOU ARE WRONG, Watch & Wear IS a real working watch too, ....and a good one!
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
My apologies, I was misinformed
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
No problem, but maybe you are confused with Timetrix, that is another watch produced by Bazar de Magia and it is not a real watch.....by now...because we are just working on a new model and we will introduce it soon...you will enjoy it a lot!

regards!
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
I have just read a pair of reviews of the Timetrix watch at http://www.magia.com.ar/tmxreview/.

Here's an exceprt from David Oliver's Genii Magazine review there:

"Each of the four times are
completely different and, more
importantly, non-sequential."

In contrast, here's what Richard Mark says in an excerpt from his Vibrations Magazine review of Timetrix that, ironically, immediately follows Oliver's:

"Each watch has only four stops
that are easily memorized f****
times. These automatically appear
in a circular sequence . . ."

I like the basic concept of the Timetrix watch but chose to buy a Time Machine instead because of these three issues:

a. The Timetrix does not keep real time. Therefore it cannot be worn as an everyday watch and cannot therefore be used truly impromptu.

b. I'd be concerned when handing it to a spec that they'd notice the fact that the time originally set on it was not the correct time; and

c. The fact that the four f**** times are apparently sequential might be suspcious.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Incidentally, readers of this thread may be interested in reading the following regarding Rob Stiff, who, if I'm not mistaken, was mentioned in a Café thread I read this past weekend in regards to allegations concerning the possibly improper appropriation of effects originally created by the late Frank Garcia.

See http://magia.com.ar/robstiff/ and then
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I do not personally care for the looks of the "Time Machine" and "Watch And Wear", but I sure love the looks of "The Masters Time Machine"...it works great! and I never had any problems with it.
Gerard
stevesmagic
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of stevesmagic
My time machine is broken, opened up and it is a shambles, very poorly made, what a waste of money. I agree, the mercury switch makes the angle necessary and doesn't look as good as it should
to the blue sky at the top of the hill...
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
Howard from The Trickery here.

I spoke with George from Viking yesterday. He's currently testing the prototypes for the new and improved CW version as Bill mentioned. Can't wait for these to hit the market!

Currently, there's only one marketed watch worth purchasing; Watch 'n Wear from Bazar de Magia. This is the one I swear by! I own 3 of them. Two were misplaced in a move and found a year later. My first watch, still runs perfectly. The battery was replaced along with one of the straps due to normal wear and excessive use. Through hundreds of uses, I've always laid the watch on the table after the effect was complete. The watch was passed from person to person and never ever had a problem with it being exposed. The watch does keep perfect time.
Once I was asked to do the effect with a spectator's watch. This is where Psychokinetic Time came into play. While it's not quite as strong as WNW in my opinion, the two effects go well together.

I did make the grave mistake of bringing in the versions from MM when they first hit the market. I won't go into politics here! I returned all of them because of too many reports from vendors and customers that they were faulty. The MM version runs with a mercury switch as was mentioned. Mercury is extremely toxic...stay away! WNW runs on a gravity switch.

Somewhere in between the CW version and the Bazar de Magia version were some interesting creations from a man named Fred Hager who has completely vanished from the scene. He offered wrist watch and pocket watch styles. A magnet embedded in the band tripped the read switch in the watch face. Worked very nicely.

In this world, you do get what you pay for. Though an item may seem priced to your liking, it's often worth while to conjure up a way to afford the better one. In the long run, it will save you money and disappointment.
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Hello, there.

I have a Watch&Wear, and have enjoyed the effect. I am very much interested in watch effects.

By the way, I have heard that there is an effect using Citizen Eco-Drive, and also there is an Inner Thoughts Forum thread on an Eco-Drive effect. Very much unfortunately, I cannot access it.

My question. Is it possible to perform the same effect as Perfect Time and Watch & Wear (I mean time prediction effect), using Eco-Drive? Or is it just kinetic watch hand effect?

I appreciate your kindness. Thanx much.

Sincerely,
Jay
stevesmagic
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of stevesmagic
The eco drive watch ( some models ) are set by the hands rapidly moving as per time machine and watch and wear. The only way to stop them is to push the dial back in whereas time machine etc works on the mercury switch disengaging when at 45 degrees.
to the blue sky at the top of the hill...
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Hi,there.

Thank you very much for your information, Mr.Stevesmagic. I appreciate it.

Other questions.
Is Eco-drive workable as a prediction effect? I mean there are many THEORETICALLY possible effects around in magic. For example, watch hands move but too fast to nail it down on the very time.

I'd also like to know which are "SOME MODELS", if someone knows.

Thanx much.

Sincerely,
Jay
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
I've been using 'Watch and Wear' since it was first introduced and it has always been reliable. I especially like that you can wear it as an everyday watch.

-Jared
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-11-12 17:52, stevesmagic wrote:
"...The only way to stop them is to push the dial back in...."

I think you mean the crown and stem, not the dial.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1037 Posts

Profile of bsears
I am on my third watch (i love the effect). I have had a WandW AND a TM break on me through regular use. (the ww gravity switch is constantly in motion as you wear the watch and it bent the metal contact switch out of place after a year or more of use. bending it back for a few times worked until it quit for good)

On the other hand I have had a TM not work strait out of the packaging.

I find the mercury switch in the TM to be an improvement over the gravity switch b/c it uses a more natural movement, a tilt, to shut the watch off.
Also - the posts about the mercury switch being dangerous seem like a stretch to me.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I am looking for a new watch, and W and W sounds good, but I am surprised if Banachek's Time Machine is poor - normally everything he does is of high quality.
Which of these would you recommend, and to wear as a regular watch? There is a more expensive Time Machine also, any difference?
Please excuse my ignorance on the topic,
Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I've worn a W & W every day for over 3 years. Same battery. Keeps good time. Trick works every time and I've used it a lot.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I think the Perfect Time III is turn "faster" than the Watch and Wear. Any comment?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Comparison of Watch Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL