The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » QR Code by Mickael Chatelain (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
Http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56453

This looks something interesting, especially with the QR code. Just wondering how many cards you can predict, can it be the full deck of 52 cards? But as shown in the trailer, keep repeating the effect might give some clue to the spectator how it is done.

How do you guys think?
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Looks good magic tool. In my opinion it is enough to make the trick no more than 2 times per person.
The QR code is nice way to present a prediction. that's why we also included it into the design of the MysteryCard when we created it few months ago and the QR code of the credit card opens a full prediction of a nice card trick.
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I'm not being critical , I love and respect Mickael Chatelain's work . But this somehow doesn't interest me as much as his previous releases . I'm excited that a lot of possibility can be achieved with a QR Code gimmick that reveals multiple card , and this did fool me , but how excited will my audience be when seeing a prediction on a QR code ? Or seeing a prediction on a QR Code change ?

Maybe I'm thinking too much , and I would like to be wrong , but I would love to hear people that have tried this in the future . Just my 1/50 dollar .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2016, Legendary Wizard wrote:
I'm not being critical , I love and respect Mickael Chatelain's work . But this somehow doesn't interest me as much as his previous releases . I'm excited that a lot of possibility can be achieved with a QR Code gimmick that reveals multiple card , and this did fool me , but how excited will my audience be when seeing a prediction on a QR code ? Or seeing a prediction on a QR Code change ?

Maybe I'm thinking too much , and I would like to be wrong , but I would love to hear people that have tried this in the future . Just my 1/50 dollar .

I think it will play big for young audiences because it is related to a technology they use regularly.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Very cool and Im sure the method is very clever as its Mickael... but personally, I feel once you scan the code the 2nd time and the image changes, it feels less like the performer doing "magic" and more of a feeling of "how is the phone doing that?". Maybe that can be covered in scripting, but it appears more like a technical mystery than credit to the performer. Just my opinion though- it does look great.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I'd love to hear if anyone has this and what your thoughts are.
wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
Does anyone brought this and can kindly review it? It seems that this trick is not as attractive as other Mickael's products.
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
I have it, "read" the instructions, played with it a bit, and it went right in the drawer.
Too convoluted a process for what it does, also the key/index card they included was misprinted.
I had higher hopes for this.
wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
Thanks for your words tomdeg, it seems this trick is for those collector of Mickael's products. From the demo, you need to be very careful when scanning the QR code and it requires some practice to get it smoothly. I too think this is a bit complicated and improvement could be done.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2017, tomdeg wrote:

. . . . also the key/index card they included was misprinted.

One of my friends has this and it works perfect with his iPhone 5S along with 'Flashcode' App. The result matches the so called given Key/Index card. You might like to give it a try with an iPhone and the 'Flashcode' app.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Hello do you another tricks like that, that uses cellphones and things linke that ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » QR Code by Mickael Chatelain (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL