The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Non-practising mentalist from Denmark (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zamenhof
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Zamenhof
Long time reader, first time poster. I've always been fascinated by magic and mentalism, and after watching a couple of Richard Osterlind's excellent DVDs on mentalism, I've decided to learn the art. I'm really not a performer, so initially my interest is theoretical. I have, however, purchased a handful of gimmick decks that I plan to play around with. I believe in hands-on experience to really appreciate the work involved.

Being an observer rather than a practitioner, I'm also interested in audience reactions to mentalism. Reading YouTube comments on performances, I find it puzzling that people are often divided into two groups. Those who think that there are greater powers at work, and those who believe that it is all a scam with camera tricks and stooges. I wish people would just sit back and enjoy the marvellous ride.

It's really nice to meet you all. I have a tremendous respect for what you do, and how you're able to pass on your knowledge.

Kind regards, Zamenhof
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Zamenhof,

Seen any grey Elephants lately?

Theoretical is fine but it is not really Magic 'till it is performed for an audience. I think once you've practiced for a while you'll get the itch to perform.

Best of luck.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Non-practising mentalist from Denmark (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL