We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Rookie Finger Flinger. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TJ Fritts
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TJ Fritts
Hello all. I'm TJ and I'm pretty new. I've had an interest in magic for years but have recently found myself with some medical difficulties that have forced a change in my plans that have made me get serious. I don't know if magic will be where I stick, but I know I cannot keep looking for my future in the same places I have been looking. I set aside some money and have bought a few things. Last evening I bought a video by a gentleman named Pop Haydn. I saw the trick online and wanted to learn it and upon doing a little internet searching I found that 1, I could learn that effect by buying the video, and 2, the man hails from a town less than 200 miles from me! Inspiring to say the least that someone from this region was Stage Magician of the Year.

Me-I was Checker of the Month at a grocery store so I know I have work to do to ever be more than I am but I'm happy to struggle toward a goal. What I already love about magic is the lack of prerequisites. My skill can propel or expel me but nobody can kick me out just because I don't have a BA in Magician. If there is a glass ceiling, I'll just have to figure out how to vanish it into a little rosewood cigarette box.

A few things you all can count on from me-Lots of questions from a rookie. Lots of lousy video of imperfect performance. Lots of bad jokes. Lots of questions from a rookie. I may also have some questions too-but you can't say I didn't warn you.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TJ Fritts,

Sorry about your recent Medical Difficulties.

There is nothing like trying something new to open up your vistas. Even if Magic doesn't turn out to be a career, it will certainly help you free your mind and see new possibilities.

I can't really point a finger in the bad jokes dept.

Keep a record of your work so you can look back on it later. It will be inspiring to see your progress.

Be sure and check out the "New to Magic" forum.

-Mary Mowder
TJ Fritts
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TJ Fritts
Thank you. Smile
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Welcome onboard TJ Fritts and I really hope you find all the comfort you are looking for in magic!

FYI, Pop is quiet active in the magic café community and I am sure he will be happy to hear that your first effect will be influenced by his great magic and presentation style.

Good luck!
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
TJ Fritts
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TJ Fritts
Prior to joining I sent an email to him and when I saw his account here I sent him a message here as well. A very nice man.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3374 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Gook luck, TJ! Welcome!
TJ Fritts
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TJ Fritts
From you, that means a great deal. Thank you. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Rookie Finger Flinger. (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL