The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review for Panic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I am looking for a review from Café members on this effect from Penquin: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2647

Panic by Aaron Fisher, looks pretty impressive on video and reviews on Penguin site are good.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
I am sure there are reviews already, but I would HIGHLY recommend this excellent effect. It is a mainstay of my walk-about set and I LOVE it. 10/10
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I purchased it, but never performed it, I don't feel comfortable to attempt a live performance with it. It uses an old principle that I have never proven it actually works in the real world, for myself.

This has been talked about extensively here on the Café.

He has a new version out with a sideways fan of cards, more the way most people spread out a fan of cards, I think he is selling that one direct.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
There are plenty of reviews around but in short, it's fantastic. One of the first effects I purchased years ago and still used a lot. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
HoustonMagicAlien
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of HoustonMagicAlien
Waiting on this to come in the mail, felt a big similarity to the trick "Mirage" by JB Dumas and David Stone (which is coming in the mail as well) big difference I feel between the two how ever is the added dimension of a whole deck that Mirage gives you. Also a number of tricks and applications taught with Mirage than what was taught in the Panic video. Also with Panic you will always end with 4 cards, Mirage gives you the ability to show 4 or just 1, and much more.
in
Both wonderful effects in my opinion, excited to receive, practice and test them out at my local bar as soon as they get here Smile

P.S

I purchased Panic before I bought Mirage, and liked both effects (be it they are similar) I liked the different aspects of both and planned to use them together somehow and when watching the video's for Mirage I was surprised to see Aaron Fisher credited in the credits on JB Dumas and David Stones project Smile just a neat fun fact I felt.
glennn
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennn
Like others on this thread, I purchased this but never performed it myself. I like the effect (especially on camera) but just couldn't build up the confidence (or perhaps the skill?) to do it in real life. I'm sure many performers make this work really well, but I've just never built up the confidence to try this in a real performance and ultimately shelved it!
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
I, too, highly recommend this effect. It takes gonads, I’ll admit, but once you perform it once or twice you will gain the required confidence. Like most sleight of hand, this trick requires you to truly believe you’re being honest.
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Hands down one of the very best tricks I have ever purchased. Looks like a camera trick and that is my presentational hook. Use it every gig. Totally practical and a com0lete worker. Don’t think about it. If you like the trailer you can do it just like that. AMAZING
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2018, einhorn wrote:
Hands down one of the very best tricks I have ever purchased. Looks like a camera trick and that is my presentational hook. Use it every gig. Totally practical and a com0lete worker. Don’t think about it. If you like the trailer you can do it just like that. AMAZING

Are you using the same routine Aaron taught on the instructional? Im just curious. Im having a blast fooling myself n the mirror. Def a great, great, great illusion! I cant wait to show this to someone! 👍
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
I own Panic and have yet to perform it. I was a bit nervous due to the “lack of depth,” however I’m sure this is just a symptom of running while not being chased. That said, I just realized that Mirage by JB Dumas and David Stone are also made with the four Kings. So, tomorrow.. I will attempt to combine both gimmicks to see if that creates and extra super duper miracle. Reporting back soon.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 3, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:
I own Panic and have yet to perform it. I was a bit nervous due to the “lack of depth,” however I’m sure this is just a symptom of running while not being chased. That said, I just realized that Mirage by JB Dumas and David Stone are also made with the four Kings. So, tomorrow.. I will attempt to combine both gimmicks to see if that creates and extra super duper miracle. Reporting back soon.

Ha, ha, that's funny because I went down this same road a few years back. It didn't turn out to my liking so I ended up selling Mirage. TBH I can't even remember now what it was that I wasn't happy with.

Hopefully it will work out better for you. But if it doesn't, here are a couple other other options you may want to try.

Vanish by Justin Miller and sold through Ellusionist. It may come with a king because it does include a court card, but if not you could always stick a king onto the face and no one would be the wiser, or split a card if you want to get really fancy but it's not neccessary.

Envylope 2.0 seems to include a Panic type of gimmick with it. It's a different effect but has enough similarities that perhaps something could be done combining the 2 effects in some way.

Does your Panic have Rider backs or Mandolin/Maiden backs? Originally it came with the classic Rider backs until USPCC would no longer print those. In any case, a different back is not noticeable and you can always use a Rider back card on top of the stack if you are uncomfortable with it.

Best of luck on your journey!
Let us know how it goes.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On May 4, 2023, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:

Ha, ha, that's funny because I went down this same road a few years back. It didn't turn out to my liking so I ended up selling Mirage. TBH I can't even remember now what it was that I wasn't happy with.

Hopefully it will work out better for you. But if it doesn't, here are a couple other other options you may want to try.

Vanish by Justin Miller and sold through Ellusionist. It may come with a king because it does include a court card, but if not you could always stick a king onto the face and no one would be the wiser, or split a card if you want to get really fancy but it's not neccessary.

Envylope 2.0 seems to include a Panic type of gimmick with it. It's a different effect but has enough similarities that perhaps something could be done combining the 2 effects in some way.

Does your Panic have Rider backs or Mandolin/Maiden backs? Originally it came with the classic Rider backs until USPCC would no longer print those. In any case, a different back is not noticeable and you can always use a Rider back card on top of the stack if you are uncomfortable with it.

Best of luck on your journey!
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Videoman, here’s the result after practicing for only 15 minutes or so. I’m sure this could be amazing in more capable hands. Mine are mandolin backs

https://youtube.com/shorts/D1IvqWFdUp8?feature=share

The Panic spread could have been bigger and better, but this was the take where the “melt” looked the best. I have envylope in my cart. Looks great!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Good job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review for Panic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL