The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Exp****d sh*ll not holding coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
Hi all,

I recently ordered "Energy Coins" by Matt Mello, and the gimmick that came with it does not seem to do what it is supposed to do!
I purchased the gimmick based on a US quarter. Unlike the other threads I've read on here, which complain about tightness, my gimmick is too loose and cannot hold a quarter.
Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5333 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
How do you mean "hold it"? An expanded shell doesn’t keep a coin in it by itself; you have to handle it in a way to make sure the insert coin doesn’t fall out. I'm not familiar with Energy Coins. Does it use a regular shell?

Jim
ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
I think I just flashed my inexperience with coin gimmicks haha.
I thought the expanded shell was supposed to have a similar hold to a regular shell.
Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1302 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
What is a regular shell?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5333 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t know! When I mentioned that in my first post I just meant not a magnetic shell or anything like that. I don’t know what is included with Energy Coins.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
An exp ] or a ] set (an un-expanded ] and usually 4 cut down and re-milled to fit) will (and should) allow the coin to get into or out of the ] easily. Some higher dollar ['s will fit better to where you can handle the nested set more freely but that is not needed with this effect.

I do not own energy coins but can pretty much figure it out. I do a similar effect by Jon Allen called "Unique Coin Bend" which uses a dime and a penny where the dime ends up bent in the spectator's hand. It uses a 'simple gimmick' that most magi already have but you are clean at the end where "Energy Coins" leaves you a little dirty for a moment. Although, it is very easy to clean up also (even with little SOH skills with coins)

All said, you probably have a perfectly fine ] there. It will do what you need for this effect and many others as you start to do more coin magic. I kind of remember reading that the gimmick was made by Roy Kueppers and if it is anywhere near the quality of the one he made for "Imagination Coins" it alone is worth the price of the effect. (If you don't already have a couple of these gimmicks in all denominations already) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Exp****d sh*ll not holding coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL