The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Genii add on advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kkaiser343
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of kkaiser343
I was looking at a Gennii subscription. they offered some add ons with a new subscription.. 4 dvd set of card college..bound copy of Talisman newsletters .. and the lost journals of Hilliard.. what are the opinions out there about my choice..I should say I am 50ish new you magic (used to do it as a kid).
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Card College might be a good choice if you're looking to get back into learning the fundamentals from one of magic's greatest teachers right now.
I got the Skinner Tapes when I subscribed and Talisman when I renewed. The material in Talisman is a pleasure to read and there are some gems, but it's a bit outdated.
The lost journals is what I would personally choose if given the choice between those 3. Good mix of tricks and magic history.

Also, when you subscribe, you'd be remiss to not include the digital subscription. Every issue since its inception in 1936 is digitally archived and searchable. You also get additional audio/videos embedded to watch effects or hear a columnist elaborate on his article.

Reading the old issues is a joy, and you can discover some really fine effects and thinking from back in the day.
kkaiser343
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of kkaiser343
Thank you Very much for your input. I am surprised there was not more responses. I have card college BUT I thought it might be a GREAT gift for someone. If greater magic was a choice I would be all over it. That needs an inexpensive reprint badly.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
We are out of Roberto Giobbi Card College DVDs, however we are reprinting the Vernon Touch and will be taking pre-orders for it shortly.

The Vernon Touch should be up on our website today or tomorrow. The price is $25 plus $10 postage in the USA ($30 foreign) if you subscribe, renew, or extend your subscription to Genii. The retail price of the book is $95 plus $10 postage in the USA ($30 foreign). www.geniimagazine.com

It's a 600 page book--the only book written by Vernon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Genii add on advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL