The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..18..23..28..33..36~37~38 [Next]
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
They take money right away. I paid by PayPal and my money was taken right away. But that's ok. That's the way a community funded project works.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2017, Will Tsai wrote:
Magicalos, yes they do! That's what the crowd funding campaign is for. We are asking for help from the community to make this happen. And that's why you are getting it at $250 while the retail is $400. As our supporter, you are buying at dealer price.

-will

Will! thanks for your reply!! I sent a pm (as you requested) for people that own other smoke devices to see why this is superior, along with some other questions I have thanks in advance I know you are super busy Smile
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2017, Will Tsai wrote:

funnyclown, the batteries are supplied by Seiko Japan directly. Each one lasts well over a year. Due to its small size, it's not the most common in some countries. I'd recommend picking up an extra as it's just a few dollars. It'd save you shipping a single battery in the future. Or if you are our regular customer, the team can easily toss a battery in any time you need it.

There goes my morning ritual. Have a great one folks Smile

-will

Hi Will,

I have written an email over 72 hours ago with no response to when they will restock the batteries. I have already placed my order so I really want the batteries added to my order. I wish they would respond to me. Maybe you can use your magic pull to help them answer my question about when I can order the batteries again.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Me too

I emailed sansminds support e-mail 3 days ago with another question regarding my order and no response yet received.

Kiketron
Step into the unknown
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hey folks,

Our team has been going through all email confirmations manually over the past couple of days; we are preparing for the coming delivery. The team will get to your email as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can PM me and I'd be happy to assist.
My schedule is pretty tight right now as I am on a few projects as well as preparing to leave town again, but I'll try my best finding a time slot in between to help you out.

Thanks for all the love and support boys!

-Will
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Any idea when the ones who asked for the watch to be shipped without the piece will ship?

The 10th is tuesday and I haven't gotten a confirmation so I kind of feel cheated if they ship it the 9th and I don't get the extra piece.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Has anyone gotten their watch yet? Any unboxing or reviews?
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2017, Sashac wrote:
Any idea when the ones who asked for the watch to be shipped without the piece will ship?

The 10th is tuesday and I haven't gotten a confirmation so I kind of feel cheated if they ship it the 9th and I don't get the extra piece.

Why didn't you wait a little longer?
Yours,

Ivan
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
No shipping information so far ... I am one of the "300" backers.
Also got the email and wanted the additional component.
Hope to hear good news from "Sansminds" soon!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Anybody who opted out of the free replacement part received this yet ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am original 300. If this is in my hand before the end of February will eat my hat
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Hi Sasha

We apologize for the delay. Recently a new regulation just pass and it made shipping electronics more complicated. We are working with UPS to solve the issues at the moment.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Sent this message on Saturday 7th January in a PM to Will, but never received a reply:
Hi Will,
I have one Vapr Watch on order Ref: 21XXXXXXXX
I have heard that the batteries will last about 1 year.
Please could you supply me with the Battery model Type and Voltage so I can source replacement batteries locally.
Many Thanks

Regards

Charlie
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hey Tazbo,

I did hear back in regards to the battery. The one year battery used in the Vapr Watch is a battery made by Seiko Watch company that is a rare super small battery only found in Japan. SansMinds said they are currently out of stock on extra batteries but after the campaign ends regardless of success or failure they will make a large order of batteries for those that want them.

Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, TazBo wrote:
Sent this message on Saturday 7th January in a PM to Will, but never received a reply:
Hi Will,
Please could you supply me with the Battery model Type and Voltage so I can source replacement batteries locally.
Many Thanks

Regards

Charlie
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Here is the note I received from SansMinds in regards to battery.

HI Michael,

I understand your concern. Perhaps my wording in my last email did not communicate right.

Regardless the outcome, we will have more stock of batteries. We are out of stock now as that's all the extra we have. We will have any extra battery when the campaign end as it is better if we purchase it in bulks. However, we have not wrapped up the negotiation with the supplier so we have temporary disable the batteries purchase. If anything goes wrong, it is easier for us to handle a small batch of batteries and get it to everyone.

Hope that clear things up.

Rich
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
Hey Tazbo,

I did hear back in regards to the battery. The one year battery used in the Vapr Watch is a battery made by Seiko Watch company that is a rare super small battery only found in Japan. SansMinds said they are currently out of stock on extra batteries but after the campaign ends regardless of success or failure they will make a large order of batteries for those that want them.

Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, TazBo wrote:
Hi Will,
Many Thanks

Regards

Charlie

What's the model number and voltage of the battery, so we can look into this ourselves. We are still in the dark. :-(
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
They never gave me model or voltage but said this in a previous response. Then later Rich clarified that regardless of outcome they will order more. But he never gave me the type of battery

"Those batteries are specially ordered from Seiko from Japan as the timepiece is made by them. We are not sure if that is a standard around the world. We will have more stock if we get into mass production. Currently, we already sold out of the extra we have.

Rich"
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Notwithstanding the fact that they will have a supply of batteries, I think most of us would also like the option of looking to see if we can source the batteries directly ourselves so we are not tied into potential expensive postage and overpriced batteries in the future.
Or maybe this is part of SansMinds long term goal. ;-)
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not looking too good this far!!!!!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Rare or not, why not share the information.

And if these batteries are not easily obtainable or this is a risk of no batteries available in few months or year, then I have to say this is a case of bad design. The power to run this gadget is key and without it, all the unique selling points of this very ambitious project are moot. Well maybe not the aesthetics because it is a nice watch.

I am sure we will get more information soon.

I hope we get new info on shipping and batch #2 onwards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..18..23..28..33..36~37~38 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL