The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..34..35~36~37 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Seems like we have to wait Vapr Watch V2 Smile

I'm not bashing this product, I just find it seems rushed and not ready enough to be put on the market.

Hope the customers who ordered will be satisfied and happy with their purchase ! (if they receive this year Smile JOKE)
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
My God all the whining and speculation.
Yours,

Ivan
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
This is a community funded project so if they don't reach their goal of 2000 units sold during the campaign there will be no Vapr Watch V2. Also if campaign fails to meet its goals this could be all they make. The Vapr Watch has many big advantages over its only competition the Lynx smoke watch. I own the Lynx smart smoke watch and it's amazing but it does have its problems. The Vapr Watch is the only watch that solves all those problems.

Lynx smoke watch is noisy in a quiet room because it uses a tiny fan
Vapr Watch is silent and uses a pump

Lynx smoke watch doesn't even tell time. The Vapr Watch is a real solid stainless steel Seiko watch that can be used as your everyday watch.

Lynx smart smoke watch has dangling wires to hold the battery that you must hide under the strap and a dangling tube that is connected to the heating element fan that must be wedged between your bare skin and the wristband. The problem with that design is you will feel a burning from the very hot heating element touching your bare skin. Also the smoke does not center from your palm. It starts at the bottom of your wrist.

The Vapr Watch has the battery and pump inside the Watch so it's self contained and a tube that allows you to position the smoke where you want and with the pump technology it shoots a thin stream of smoke that bursts at the palm of your hands. This gives the illusion the smoke really comes from your hand and not your wrist. This also means no more burning at your wrist.

The Lynx Watch shoot 3 to 4 seconds of smoke that you need to refill almost every time you use it. Then you must wait for the unit to cool down to prevent burning a blister on your bare wrist. Also you must press a button on the Watch and program a delay for the smoke to be released

The Vapr Watch gives you complete freedom using a remote control with no wait time and the choice to make a 3 second burst of smoke or up to 60 seconds. And it uses cartridge refills so you don't need to be constantly refilling the smoke liquid like the Lynx Watch.

Lynx smoke watch looks like a cheap watch
The Vapr Watch has a stylish high end look.

The Lynx Watch cost $350 -$375
TheVapr Watch is only $249 with the early buyers in the campaign.

If anyone was even thinking about adding smoke effects to your magic the Vapr Watch is truly the best options so I suggest if your just thinking about it go out and pledge during the campaign and save hundreds of dollars. Because if the campaign succeeds the cost will be $399 after the campaign.








Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Seems like we have to wait Vapr Watch V2 Smile

I'm not bashing this product, I just find it seems rushed and not ready enough to be put on the market.

Hope the customers who ordered will be satisfied and happy with their purchase ! (if they receive this year Smile JOKE)
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
So I guess you have the watch already?? If not how do you know if it's better than the smart watch? Oh ya there telling you this
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, ash2arani wrote:
Rare or not, why not share the information.

And if these batteries are not easily obtainable or this is a risk of no batteries available in few months or year, then I have to say this is a case of bad design. The power to run this gadget is key and without it, all the unique selling points of this very ambitious project are moot. Well maybe not the aesthetics because it is a nice watch.

I am sure we will get more information soon.

I hope we get new info on shipping and batch #2 onwards.


FYI, the refill battery is merely for the timepiece to run. If not mistaken, they did mention in one of their posts that the smoke producing mechanism is charged using USB.
Hope this answer your doubt Smile

Wayne
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thanks Wayne Liew. This is why I feel they should have designed the power to fit current standards. After all, it is for time-telling purposes.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing this through. Smile
WizTom
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Any news about shipping Will Tsai?! I'm waiting for my information. How long does it take?! Thank you!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, Wayne Liew wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, ash2arani wrote:
Rare or not, why not share the information.

And if these batteries are not easily obtainable or this is a risk of no batteries available in few months or year, then I have to say this is a case of bad design. The power to run this gadget is key and without it, all the unique selling points of this very ambitious project are moot. Well maybe not the aesthetics because it is a nice watch.

I am sure we will get more information soon.

I hope we get new info on shipping and batch #2 onwards.


FYI, the refill battery is merely for the timepiece to run. If not mistaken, they did mention in one of their posts that the smoke producing mechanism is charged using USB.
Hope this answer your doubt Smile

Wayne



If this is true, then what runs the smoke device, is it not the/a battery? Where is the smoke device battery stored? You can't charge nothing, it has to be a battery, right?

Ever hear of rechargeable batteries. USB charges the battery in the watch. Watches, Tablets, Phones, all have rechargeable batteries in them. The batteries only last about a year or a little more. That is why you need to replace them.

The battery still need to be changed every week, when not in use, otherwise the battery will drain completely and need replacement more often.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Message about shipping:

Hi Sasha

We apologize for the delay. Recently a new regulation just pass and it made shipping electronics more complicated. We are working with UPS to solve the issues at the moment.


I'm starting to consider asking for a refund, these were meant to ship in 2016 and I'm beginning to question if I should just wait for the official launch
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Didn't they say no refund?
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Just be patient Sashac. Their obviously trying to work it out with UPS.



Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, Sashac wrote:
Message about shipping:

Hi Sasha

We apologize for the delay. Recently a new regulation just pass and it made shipping electronics more complicated. We are working with UPS to solve the issues at the moment.


I'm starting to consider asking for a refund, these were meant to ship in 2016 and I'm beginning to question if I should just wait for the official launch
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Its called stalling. Why would they have issues with UPS??
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Sending electronic with lithium battery is a big issue when shipping with UPS and USPS. It's one of the questions they ask you when you ship stuff.


Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, MR Effecto wrote:
Its called stalling. Why would they have issues with UPS??
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
I keep forgetting I have an account here and have been trying to contact SM through other means... anyway, if the problem is with shipping a lithium battery, its only if it is not GROUND. I wonder if they will ship the ones for the US and Canada, Ground to please the customers.... I've been patiently waiting on my watches and I didn't know TMC was an official means of communicating with the buyers, otherwise I would have been coming here instead of emailing SM. I hope this happens soon!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
You can order batteries with Amazon
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hello folks, it's Will here. I am buried at the moment but just want to keep all up to date and as well as answer a few questions here.

Packages for the initial backers are all ready and going out slowly due to unexpected custom situation. We've finally solved the electronic and lithium issues. And we are caught with the refills at the moment. The refill that comes with the product looks like small syringes under scanner. And many countries have restrictions over syringe-type of goods. We were caught by this unexpectedly and we are working nights and days tightly with the carrier trying to overcome the issue with permit and get the product to you properly and safely. I wish they could have told us all these when we were working the lithium issues out... I personally apologize for the extended wait. I am suppose to be on a flight for an oversea engagement today but I have decided to push the schedule for as many days as I can to personally supervise and get the Vapr Watches out to our supporters. Please bear with us my friends.

FunnyClown and Tazbo : The battery model supplied by Seiko has their own private code that's why when you emailed, our Support Desk weren't able to offer useful information. I personally looked into it for you. In the state, it's called the SR626SW(377) , 1.55V . I am no battery expert, but according to Seiko, some of those mixed brand you'd find online are supplied from China. And the one they supplied are off the capacity they claimed on the packaging. The ones through Seiko are all properly tested and they recommended highly to use the ones from them. But then again, the information is provided here so you have the option of getting it elsewhere.

Alex DLF : Good to see you here again too. It's been four years and it's as ready as we can afford to make it; hence the crowd funding project.

FunnyClown : You know everything about the Vapr Watch. I am honoured!

MR Effecto : Each product on the market has their own perks. In our trailer we tried the best we can to explain what it does. Whether if it's better or not is objective and we leave that for people to decide if what we have done fits their needs or solves any issues.

Wayne Liew : Yes the main unit is charged via USB. The TIME PIECE is battery operated, which it's designed in a way you don't have to go to a watch maker and can easily swap yourself. It'd be odd if you bring it to the watch maker we thought.. Smile

Shadowness : Hi, with respect to your defending post, I just like to ask you to keep the conversation civil as there's no need to insult anyone. I am happy you have strong feeling that your friend's item works best for you. If it works that's all it matters. If you want to express your passion to support a friend, you'll be able to locate his thread with search function.

MR Effecto : We don't have issues with UPS. Both sides are trying very hard and working closely trying to make this happen, legally, properly, and safely. Again thank you for your patience. If you are impatient to wait and would like to purchase the item at full price (when and if the campaign succeeds), please give us a shout and we'd refund you in full no questions ask.

theconjuror : Please refer to the top of this message.

Matthew Crabtree : Hi Matthew once again we apologize as we weren't frankly expecting all these unexpected international shipping issues. This is a design that's first of its kind and we wish there was more we could have done or been told by the carriers ahead of time. Again thank you for bearing with us.

Have a great one folks. Now I am back into trying to get the watches out to ya. Have a good one folks!

-Will
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, Wayne Liew wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, ash2arani wrote:
Rare or not, why not share the information.

And if these batteries are not easily obtainable or this is a risk of no batteries available in few months or year, then I have to say this is a case of bad design. The power to run this gadget is key and without it, all the unique selling points of this very ambitious project are moot. Well maybe not the aesthetics because it is a nice watch.

I am sure we will get more information soon.

I hope we get new info on shipping and batch #2 onwards.


FYI, the refill battery is merely for the timepiece to run. If not mistaken, they did mention in one of their posts that the smoke producing mechanism is charged using USB.
Hope this answer your doubt Smile

Wayne



If this is true, then what runs the smoke device, is it not the/a battery? Where is the smoke device battery stored? You can't charge nothing, it has to be a battery, right?

Ever hear of rechargeable batteries. USB charges the battery in the watch. Watches, Tablets, Phones, all have rechargeable batteries in them. The batteries only last about a year or a little more. That is why you need to replace them.

The battery still need to be changed every week, when not in use, otherwise the battery will drain completely and need replacement more often.


Hi Bill,

My previous comment was solely based on what they posted. I have no factual information regarding the internal mechanism of the watch. I believe I am as curious as all the other Café members Smile

However, talking about rechargeable batteries, the batteries in my phone and tablet are still working fine after 3years of constant use. I have yet to come across any not-cheaply-made rechargeable device that its battery only lasts a year or a little more. That being said, still, I do not have solid information regarding VAPR watch and have no intention to speculate as everything will be explained when the parcel arrives.
My 2cents.

Wayne
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hello Will Tsai,

I think I found some Energizers that seem to be the correct battery. They are available in America at Target. Is this the correct battery? I trust Energizers. They make good batteries!


http://www.target.com/p/energizer-silver......rc=aw.ds








Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, Will Tsai wrote:
Hello folks it's Will here. I am buried at the moment but just want to keep all up to date and as well as answer a few questions here.

Packages for the initial backers are all ready and going out slowly due to unexpected custom situation. We've finally solved the electronic and lithium issues. And we are caught with the refills at the moment. The refill that comes with the product looks like small syringes under scanner. And many countries have restrictions over syringe-type of goods. We were caught by this unexpectedly and we are working nights and days tightly with the carrier trying to overcome the issue with permit and get the product to you properly and safely. I wish they could have told us all these when we were working the lithium issues out... I personally apologize for the extended wait. I am suppose to be on a flight for an oversea engagement today but I have decided to push the schedule for as many days as I can to personally supervise and get the Vapr Watches out to our supporters. Please bear with us my friends.

FunnyClown and Tazbo : The battery model supplied by Seiko has their own private code that's why when you emailed, our Support Desk weren't able to offer useful information. I personally looked into it for you. In the state, it's called the SR626SW(377) , 1.55V . I am no battery expert, but according to Seiko, some of those mixed brand you'd find online are supplied from China. And the one they supplied are off the capacity they claimed on the packaging. The ones through Seiko are all properly tested and they recommended highly to use the ones from them. But then again, the information is provided here so you have the option of getting it elsewhere.

Alex DLF : Good to see you here again too. It's been four years and it's as ready as we can afford to make it; hence the crowd funding project.

FunnyClown : You know everything about the Vapr Watch. I am honoured!

MR Effecto : Each product on the market has their own perks. In our trailer we tried the best we can to explain what it does. Whether if it's better or not is objective and we leave that for people to decide if what we have done fits their needs or solves any issues.

Wayne Liew : Yes the main unit is charged via USB. The TIME PIECE is battery operated, which it's designed in a way you don't have to go to a watch maker and can easily swap yourself. It'd be odd if you bring it to the watch maker we thought.. Smile

Shadowness : Hi, with respect to your defending post, I just like to ask you to keep the conversation civil as there's no need to insult anyone. I am happy you have strong feeling that your friend's item works best for you. If it works that's all it matters. If you want to express your passion to support a friend, you'll be able to locate his thread with search function.

MR Effecto : We don't have issues with UPS. Both sides are trying very hard and working closely trying to make this happen, legally, properly, and safely. Again thank you for your patience. If you are impatient to wait and would like to purchase the item at full price (when and if the campaign succeeds), please give us a shout and we'd refund you in full no questions ask.

theconjuror : Please refer to the top of this message.

Matthew Crabtree : Hi Matthew once again we apologize as we weren't frankly expecting all these unexpected international shipping issues. This is a design that's first of its kind and we wish there was more we could have done or been told by the carriers ahead of time. Again thank you for bearing with us.

Have a great one folks. Now I am back into trying to get the watches out to ya. Have a good one folks!
-will
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
WizTom
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Thank you Will! Smile Looking forward to it! Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
835 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Will - Your video states "SHIPING WORLDWIDE NOW"- I bought one but have not heard anything about my order shipping. What is the expected timeline for shipping? I ordered in early January. Looks great. Appreciate the direct sales approach. Jonathan Todd Excelsior
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..34..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.7 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL