We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34..35~36~37 [Next]
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
873 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Oh, and I forgot about the battery if it is standard or not?
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Seems odd that no one replied and said they got notification they are in the 300.
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

Profile of Lord*Of*ILLUZION
I was one of the supporters of the Blind Campaign and received an email about an optional add-on at no extra charge, which would delay the shipment of the Vapr Watch for a few weeks. The add-on part allows for the ability to change the direction of the smoke stream with minimal delay. I don't see this as an essential upgrade so I opted to receive my watch as is. Still not sure if I am included in the first 300 customers but my assumption is that if your received an email asking you about the add-on, then you are probably included in the initial group.

-Nadeem
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2306 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not sure anybody was a part of the 300. Just one more way for a pre order to work ( Getting your money ) up front to put these to market. don't hold your breath it will be coming soon. Smile
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
873 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I did get the email without buying it. I did buy it later that day and no word on '300'. Let us see where this goes. I am hoping for the best.
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

Received a separate email with a personal thank you video message from Will Tsai. There was a number attached to my name, so this may represent "one of the 300" initial supporters. Again, I am just speculating but this was a Very nice touch from SansMinds (which has been a polarizing company for many). Looking forward to my watch in the coming weeks.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
873 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
That is what they said. It is clear that if somebody did receive this personal email, they are on the list.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I was a blind supporter but didn't receive the email, hopefully I will get one soon, it would be a shame to be a blind supporter and not get any of the first batch, although I did get the email about the add on!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
What was your number Lord?
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

I had the number 15 attached to my video, but I don't know the relevance of this number or whether it represents the order of supporters. There were two separate emails I received yesterday, one was generic and it was asking about the add-on part like I mentioned before. I am sure that they will reach out to all supporters of this product soon.

--Nadeem
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks,

David
Shadowness
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Shadowness
I have been using Joao Miranda Smoke Watch for 4 months now, and this is probably one of the best investments I ever did.

As a professional magician myself I wouldnt want to activate the watch with a remote, unless I wanted to produce smoke from a box or something, which is not the case.

I already have my pockets filled with stuff.. and a remote for this purpose, no, thank you. Usually I just press the watch against my chest at the same time I show a coin with my right hand. This is perfect for me because placing a remote in your arm I am sure its unconfortable and pointless.

I know that my watch does not give time, but I don't care about it. At least it seems to be HALF the thickness of the Vapr watch and it is much more casual and modern and does not attract any unwanted attention.

Also there are no refills to buy, and with a 2 year warranty and the absolute AMAZING costumer service that Joao and his team are well known for, and with the past VAPR issues (mine stopped working as most units have) I don't see why anyone would risk their money in vapr watch.

I do agree that the trailer of the vapr watch is good, but that is the same as with ALL their products, but when you receive the product you are disappointed mostly.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ they both have their pros and cons

To have my money, either Lynx needs to update theirs to actually tell the time...or the Vapr Watch need to include an option to trigger the smoke manually.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
873 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Since there is an arm band which is most probably to hold the remote, I do not see any advantage for having the smoke producttion self-contained in the watch. To me, that offers flexibility for different performances. I do not own Lynx watch and I am sure it is a great product. Judging from the posts here, "pressing the watch against the chest" is no better than pushing a remote that is concealed under the arm pit. I know people have used older smoke devices with no problem. The advantage of a remote is that it requires no physical connection for the device.

However, being the devil's advocate here, having a remote only trigger is yet another possibility for device failure. If the remote breaks or malfunctions, no smoke out of it. I think the cool thing with VAPR is that if that does happen, God forbid, then at least we have a nice looking watch that can tell time :p

Each product excels at few thingss but surely suffers somewhere else. No product is perfect. There is always room to push boundaries further. We shall see soon the pros and cons of VAPR. Either way, I am looking forward to hearing updates on the project and official release/shipping dates.
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of kiketron
My VAPR still works as first day after 2 and a half years of continuous use.

The coil was the part people used to complain when having problems, in other words the cheapest part to replace.
A common mistake people did was to screw the coil in the unit the opposite direction. This was explained in the DVD to avoid this problem.

They now sell another more complex and effective coil for VAPR for just $11
I'm used to activate my VAPR with the remote but I still have the manual option.

I would have preferred a manual activation as well with VAPR WATCH but I guess they had to decide not to include it for space limitations.
I also preffer the pump option rather than the mini fan because it makes the smoke seem to come from your hand, not your wrist.

No product can satisfy everybody 100%.
Lets wait for reviews and see all pros and cons
Step into the unknown
Shadowness
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Shadowness
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, kiketron wrote:
My VAPR still works as first day after 2 and a half years of continuous use.

The coil was the part people used to complain when having problems, in other words the cheapest part to replace.
A common mistake people did was to screw the coil in the unit the opposite direction. This was explained in the DVD to avoid this problem.

They now sell another more complex and effective coil for VAPR for just $11
I'm used to activate my VAPR with the remote but I still have the manual option.

I would have preferred a manual activation as well with VAPR WATCH but I guess they had to decide not to include it for space limitations.
I also preffer the pump option rather than the mini fan because it makes the smoke seem to come from your hand, not your wrist.

No product can satisfy everybody 100%.
Lets wait for reviews and see all pros and cons

I have performed the smart watch more than 500 times now and not even one spectator said the smoke "came from the wrist", or the watch.

It really does look like it comes from the hand, so that is a false claim.
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
313 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
Hi,

I’ll probably take the Vapr Watch to test it and compare it to the Lynx Smoke Smart Edition that I have for a few months now.

The aim is not to say « this one is better than this one ». Each one has their own pros and cons so the choice will depend of your own use.

In my case I use the Lynx Smoke on my gigs because of the practicality. I love the fact the watch is self contained and that you can use it anytime you want.
About the size, the Lynx Watch is not that bigger than the Apple Watch. It’s bigger of course due to the mechanism but not that much. The watch is good if you want to use it sleeveless but in most of your gigs you have a shirt and a jacket on top so the size doesn’t matter (in my case of course).

The smoke is good, really seems to appear from your hands.

Like I said, I’ll probably take the Vapr Watch to test it and see which one is the best for me in term of practicality for my gigs but for the moment I’m very happy of the Lynx Smoke Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4803 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Shadowness said; "...and with the past VAPR issues (mine stopped working as most units have) I don't see why anyone would risk their money in Vapr Watch"

No disrespect meant BUT - That's only your opinion (you are entitled to it). Most units have NOT stopped working. I own the original VAPR unit and have never had any issues with it. I also know several others who use VAPR all the time with no issues whatsoever. Most issues that occured with VAPR was due to user error: People NOT following the directions. Smile

Shadowness said; "As a professional magician myself I wouldn't want to activate the watch with a remote, unless I wanted to produce smoke from a box or something, which is not the case".

Perhaps that is not the case for YOU personally. As for myself, I love the option of removing the watch on the fly and being able to produce smoke from wherever, as the case may be. Smile

Shadowness said; "I know that my watch does not give time, but I don't care about it. At least it seems to be HALF the thickness of the
Vapr Watch
and it is much more casual and modern and does not attract any unwanted attention
"

Well, if it doesn't actually give you the time it is NOT a watch then, now is it? Just sayin'. Smile

In regards to the thickness of the VAPR Watch, I don't see any problems here. I own several INVICTA watches and all of them are very thick and extra large. I Haven't had anyone point and ask me why my watch is so big. Just sayin'. Smile

Finally, If you are happy with your FAUX smoke watch then that is all that matters for YOU and I sincerely wish you many great performances.

I believe I speak for many when I say the rest of us will be rockin the joint with a genuine real Vapr Watch aka a James Bond style timepiece. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
873 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
According to a post on Sans Minds facebook page from 4 hours ago, first 300 watches are all taken. An email should be sent today or tomorrow to confirm all details including a potential shipping date.

That is great news. I wish all the best!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Steve,
Don't know why you are so hot about this. I bought an open box Smart Lynx from Penguin I mostly like it except he band is too tight and of course you don't get many puffs from a fill. I have ordered the Black/Gold collectors set from Sans Mind. Like you I believe I don't make my living preforming magic. I always wanted to have smoke when the spectator is squeezing a coin I just bent with my QB. That will probably be my main use for the watch. Although the remote has certain appeal, having a timer has turned out to be very practical for the specific effect I use it for. I wish that option were available with the Vapr watch I do look forward to checking it out.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL